The Quest for Abaddon - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-17-10, 01:06 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Perhaps one of the Astartes Praeses Chapters? The White Consuls are of Ultramarine stock?

The Blood Angels would be useful - perhaps a beheaded Sanguinary Guard/Sanguinor body under his foot and a deathmask in his palm to echo Horus versus Sanguinius?

Alternatively, instead of a loyalist, why not a Traitor one? There's a story I remember from the Storm of Chaos (Fantasy) where Archaon is attacking Middenheim, and suffers a defeat, and the force is lead by Haargroth, Archaon's lieutenant, and Chosen of Khorne. To keep the Khornate forces from going loco on his survivors, Archaon kills Haargroth, beheading him.

That shows that he is even willing to kill his own side if it results in victory, and that his troops fear him more than there opponents.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-17-10, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Maverike Prime's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Alternatively, instead of a loyalist, why not a Traitor one? There's a story I remember from the Storm of Chaos (Fantasy) where Archaon is attacking Middenheim, and suffers a defeat, and the force is lead by Haargroth, Archaon's lieutenant, and Chosen of Khorne. To keep the Khornate forces from going loco on his survivors, Archaon kills Haargroth, beheading him.

That shows that he is even willing to kill his own side if it results in victory, and that his troops fear him more than there opponents.
I'm very heavily leaning toward having trophies of the other legions mounted on Abaddon's trophy rack.

Be Sure to follow me on:

post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-17-10, 09:27 PM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

I'm going to vote for a Blood Angel helmet in the claw, a sort of mirroring of Horus' slaying Sanguinius.

Oh and rep for the original conversion.

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-18-10, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamodai View Post
I'm going to vote for a Blood Angel helmet in the claw, a sort of mirroring of Horus' slaying Sanguinius.

Oh and rep for the original conversion.
hmm, that would give me an excuse to buy a box of Saguinary guard. A death mask is decidedly Blood Angely.

Be Sure to follow me on:

post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 03:04 AM Thread Starter

So I'm gearing up to build my first prototype of my new Abaddon model. As I draw closer to being ready, I'm making some choices based on some things I've read. Since this is Abaddon we're talking about, he needs to be on a suitably heroi... er... villianous base. So I was flipping through sites and I found Dragon Forge studios. They've got some nice scenic bases. For the prototype I'm thinking of using this "Lost Empires" base, they offer. I think the statue's face looks very Sister of Battle Saint's rendition look to it, like perhaps it was a statue of a saint that Abs has toppled and now stands over. I think it would carry a very nice "I stand on the rubble of what you believe in." kind of feel. Figure I can paint the points where Abaddon's feet are touching the statue with a burned look, as if his presence on the statue is burning it.

But for the final build, I'm thinking of getting the Brother Artemis Inquisitor model and casting a broken part of it in plaster and making that the base. That way I can incorporate some definite Imperial iconography into the base.

As a follow up on my previous question, about what helmet Abs should be crushing in his claw, I'm going to use one of the Sanguinary Guard Helmets. Firstly because the SG are supposed to rock hard when it comes to Space Marines. But secondly because it will echo the act of Horus killing Sanguinius. using the jointed Talon I developed prior, I'm going to attempt to have Abs piercing the eye socket of the helmet. That way it's deliberate, concentrated effort and afront to the blood angels. A devoted "I destroy your best, even beyond defeat!" sort of insult. It's not enough to simply kill them, Abaddon will utterly crush and destroy his enemies.

So thoughts anyone?

Be Sure to follow me on:

post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 08:41 PM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

Sounds awesome to me.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-27-11, 04:16 AM Thread Starter

And so the Tyrant begins to take shape!

After several months of planning and discussing and contemplating and re-thinking I ordered a series of parts and kits I intended to use for my New Abaddon model. I am not finished by any stretch, but the model is begining to take shape and I though you all would like to see it as it stands now:

The base is from Dragon Forge's lost empire series while the cables on the torso are from the conversion bits they sell.

Here we have the Daemon sword. Careful observers will be able to spot why it takes 2 blood crushers to make the sword.

I figure Abs is a man of action, not words. Deeds, not stories. He's not going to waste his time explaining why he should be in charge. You're going to know why he should be incharge and just to remind you, he carries some his more worth while trophies with him. Here is the battered and broken helmet of a World Eaters Champion that challenges Abaddon once before.

Let's face it: If there's one character in the game today that would be likely to show the helmet/trophy they acquired from killing a Legio Custodes member, it would be Abaddon. I'm looking for a Chaos Helmet plum to add to the helmet, but haven't found one yet. Really don't want to buy a full box just for that.

Be Sure to follow me on:

post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-27-11, 11:32 AM

alasdair's Flag is: United Kingdom

Looks great so far- Hope to more soon!
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-27-11, 12:56 PM
Great Unclean One

Svartmetall's Flag is: Wales

Okay, that's looking really promising. I still think he could about another millimetre of length to his torso, but this should be a very nice model when done

The ever-growing horde of Death Guard: Pandemic
Nurgle Daemons army: Angels of Disease
Death Guard fiction: 'Incursion'
Nurgle 101 Tutorial

THE IMPERIUM TONIGHT #1, #2, #3
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-27-11, 07:11 PM

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode