Scratchbuilt Stormraven - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-28-10, 02:39 PM

Phil73805's Flag is: United Kingdom

Holy crap! That's impressive, have some rep good sir.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-28-10, 05:27 PM

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

It is certainly different, Genesis108. The proportions look a bit odd, when compared to the Marine, imo, however. Itís nothing bad, of course. Just a bitÖ Short. How strong/stable is it at the moment? It looks a bit flimsy to me, but I donít really want to make any preemptive judgments. A nice new take on something that Iíve never truly been able to imagine, however. Have some rep mate, keep up the good work!

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-28-10, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
genesis108's Flag is: USA

As far as stability goes, with just the Depron frame, it can hold quit a bit of weight. I had a bottle of PVA, my Land Raider, metal Dread, and a small Book sitting on it for weight to keep the card flat on the top and it didn't cave, buckle, or even bow. so it is quite stable, and once i get the card on the sides to bulk it up, it will ad more strength to it. The dimensions are a bit askew, but..there isn't anything really to go on, so..I liked it, saw plenty of potential in the ability to modify the design with minimal effort or risk, and decided to go for it. Once it is armoured up and has bits added onto it, I'm sure it will look more proportionate. If not, I can always add to it.

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-28-10, 07:38 PM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

that thing is HUGE

i think that the CAV is fine as of now...i mean tanks in 40k arent 100% to scale (do rhinos look like it can hold 10 marines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-29-10, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Progress is proceeding slowly. The process of covering the bird in Card is a painstakingly slow one. I will get some pictures up this evening to show what I have completed thus far.

The Fore-fuselage pilots cabin, I've had an idea. Instead of the typical canopy style like the Valkyrie, I am going to make it fully encased using an old bit from the 2nd Edition Rhino kit, making the front look similar to the Forgeworld Land Speeder Tempest, with the View-Port and the rest is armoured. After all, this is the 41st Millenium..they should(and will) have sensors to help fly this thing, why do they need to visually see anything..? :D
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-29-10, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis108 View Post
After all, this is the 41st Millenium..they should(and will) have sensors to help fly this thing, why do they need to visually see anything..? :D
in theory

Quote:
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-30-10, 05:17 AM Thread Starter

Well, as promised, here is the update of where I am so far. I have about 25% of it covered in card. I have the Assault Cannons mounted and the View-Port bit piece thingy in place as well as a vehicle hatch. I will be continuing to cover it in card over the next few days until it is almost completely covered. Some areas will be left uncovered and simply treated with a PVA wash to protect it. I have a few areas where the card isn't meeting that I'll have to do some work on..but it is slowly starting to come together. And with that, here you are...

post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-30-10, 09:54 AM

awesome Gen, when is the paint gonna come?

Quote:
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-30-10, 10:40 AM

Kobrakai's Flag is: United Kingdom

That looks crazy!

You might want to hand undercoat this, as the foam will melt when you spray primer it.

It's definitely a interesting take on Stormravens, but I like it when people think outside of the box!

Nice stuff, have some rep for some outside box thinking! ;)
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-30-10, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Paint will come when it's done being covered, Fallen.

Kobra, Thanks. That's why I am covering it in card. One, it will add strength to it, and two, it will protect it from the spray prime. The areas I am not putting card on will get a good healthy coat of some thinned PVA so the foam doesn't melt there. .

I am hoping to finish having it covered by the middle of next week at the latest. I am ordering the bitz I need on Monday and should have them in a week or so, hopefully. So with any luck, the first bird should be done within the next 10 days or so, barring any holdups with the bitz..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode