The Reverend's Space Wolves - Page 27 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #261 of 278 (permalink) Old 05-26-12, 06:55 AM

hocky's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hey rev. i was super jealous of you two going to WW, unfortunately kids meant that i couldn't make it over. looks like you had a few great games though.
I have to say i am truly inspired by the tanks you have painted, for someone who wasn't bothered by painting tanks you now have more than me and i'm a guard player!!!
You've done a great job too, the colours work well and the extras such as the shields and teeth compliment the scheme - awesome stuff. must catch up soon, hopefully at the doubles in Sept?

The quickest way to a traitors heart is through his ribcage - Commissariat Mantra

Check out my IG Project Log here (The Emperor's Feth 2)

Check out Jangalak's IG Project Log here(The Emperor's Feth)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #262 of 278 (permalink) Old 05-26-12, 11:39 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
But it was good prep for this weekend's tourny at the UK games expo. Can't wait!!
Damn, I was supposed to go to the expo myself for the Flames of War tournament tomorrow as preparation for the ETC in August, but the missus is due on Tuesday so I couldn't risk it. Three of my mates are flying over in the morning. Best of luck with it.
post #263 of 278 (permalink) Old 05-26-12, 06:23 PM

Jangalak's Flag is: United Kingdom

Rev, a pleasure as always - fun games, with some good stuff to learn (how good was that bloody Jaws of the World Wolf!, and Contemptors in cover just dont die!) and always great to play against your awesome army. Beautifully painted and I think you actually have a decent army list too even though you arent aiming for that solely.

Good luck at the tourney - looking forward to hearing how it goes.
J

Check out my IG painting blog The Emporers Feth

Check out Hocky's IG Project Log here (The Emperor's Feth 2)

post #264 of 278 (permalink) Old 05-29-12, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Drinker of tea...

TheReverend's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hocky: we'll have to kidnap you for the next meet up I think

Khorne's Fist: Congrats mate, the baby looks fine and dandy so that's great news. I'm jealous!

Jangalak: Looking forward to another gaming session, looks like 6th will be here soon so we'll need to test it out.
post #265 of 278 (permalink) Old 08-11-12, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Drinker of tea...

Hey guys, it's been a while but I've been busy with real life the last few months.

I finally got these bad boys finished. All 5 of myGreay Hunters squads are now complete.
IMG_4199_1024x768.jpg
IMG_4200_1024x768.jpg

I've also finished a few characters. The Limited Edition marine didn't turn out too badly. I triued to just swap the Crimson Fist blue for Space Wolves grey so it was still fairly recognisable.
IMG_4201_1024x768.jpg
IMG_4202_1024x768.jpg
IMG_4203_1024x768.jpg
IMG_4204_1024x768.jpg
IMG_4205_1024x768.jpg

And finally, another one of those conversions I saw in my head and decided to create. He's pretty cool as well. He's a Grey Hunter with Wolf Standard, except he has a flamming torch (The Eternal Torch of Russ, if legends are to be believed) instead of an actual standard.
IMG_4206_1024x768.jpg
IMG_4207_1024x768.jpg

Let me know what you think

Rev
post #266 of 278 (permalink) Old 08-11-12, 04:05 PM
Death Before Dishonour

WarlordKaptainGrishnak's Flag is: Australia

Rev man. Been awhile since I've posted a comment but I've sure been keeping and eye on this. Lovely to see the another squad of Grey Hunters come together.

Loving the work on the Special Edition mini. Nice addition of the Space Wolves back and banner topper. Ties the model together nicely.

Arjac looks ace as well. How'd you find painting him? I have one to count as Lysander (or Arjac, depending on play testing) which I'm looking forward to painting up.

Lastly love what you have done with the standard bearer. The Eternal Torch is a cool concept to go in the place of the usual banner, for a standard. Excellent work mate!

Look forward to seeing more stuff soon Rev!

G
post #267 of 278 (permalink) Old 08-11-12, 06:01 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Fantastic work as always Rev. Love your Arjac. I've been looking at mine since it came out, but haven't found the motivation to start him. Nice idea with the banner as well.
post #268 of 278 (permalink) Old 08-12-12, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
Drinker of tea...

Hey guys, thanks for the comments.

All I'll say about Arjac is that his hammer looks ALOT like the shaft is made of rope. I've noticed it on alomost all the Arjacs I've seen in the flesh too, so before you start painting make sure you try and straighten that up.
post #269 of 278 (permalink) Old 08-12-12, 01:33 PM
Miniature's Surgeon

Dusty's Corner's Flag is: Philipines

Awesome stuff Rev! Very impressive collection. Painting is top notch and the weathering effects are great! Bases also look great and nicely done. Perhaps the flamming torch could be made a little brighter but generally all over its looking great!
post #270 of 278 (permalink) Old 08-12-12, 03:09 PM

Grins1878's Flag is: United Kingdom

Superb job on them man! Love the conversions of the RT cover bloke and the chap with the torch! They both look great! Arjac is looking good too, a brilliant paint job on a brilliant model!

"I no longer think of them as animals Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptable. Single-minded. The perfection of my father's vision." - Magnus the Red.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode