The Reverend's Space Wolves - Page 26 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #251 of 278 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Drinker of tea...

TheReverend's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hey guys,

Time for a quick update...

I've finished the 5 vehicles I was working on. 3 Razorbacks/Rhinos, a Landraider and a Drop Pod.

I've been using a few of the new paints and overall I think the gold is a big, and much needed, leap forward for GW's range of metallics.

The Nuln Oil is no different to Badab Black. I had been told it had a small amount of brown in there, which I would have liked, but it doiesn't, it's just black.

The new 'Ard Coat looks very different to the old. And be warned, apparently the Lahmian Median doesn't like the old 'Ard Coat, giving it a frosty finish if used, so I didn't dare try that out while I still had some of the only varnish to use.

Ok, on to the minis...

The Razorbacks are as they are. I got these from Jangalak (thanks man) and repainted them. I plan on getting some more Ass Cannons in the near future, but for now they have the loadouts Jangalak already stuck together, a mixture of lascannon and HB. I'm happy with them...
IMG_3649_1024x768.jpg
IMG_3650_1024x768.jpg
IMG_3651_1024x768.jpg
IMG_3652_1024x768.jpg

Then there's the drop pod. Again I got this from Jangalak so I used it as is, with a storm bolter. This is actually a blessing as my existing DP has a missile launcher so it was good to have one of each.
IMG_3654_1024x768.jpg

Lastly is the Landraider. I already have a Crusader and planned on getting another but then thought I'd get a normal LR as I've never actually owned one. The smaller troop capacity isn't a problem as I rarely fill the Crusader to the brim anyway... so lets see what this badboy can do in games
IMG_3655_1024x768.jpg

I have painted a fang motiff on the hatch, filing away the Aquilla and making the teeth look similar to those on my Dreadnaught. I like it but I must admit I'm still a bit unsure as to weather it looks good. Comments?
IMG_3656_1024x768.jpg

on a couple of the tanks I re-sused the Thunderwolf shilds with some wolf tails, in a similar manner to the White Scars bikers. I think it looks pretty good
IMG_3657_1024x768.jpg

And finally, a shot of all of my tanks. I must have enough to transport the whole great company now I think. It's a real feat for me to have nearly completed a whole great company and I can say that in 18 years of playing I have never owned so many tanks, so it is pretty satisfying to see them all together. More bikes are needed though I think
IMG_3659_1024x768.jpg

I also noted that although Landraiders seem big when you are putting them together, they always look small next to teh Shadowsword

Comments welcome as usual and thanks in advance.

At the moment the main army is a bit on hold while I work on my mini for the national hero painting comp tomorrow, my Armies on Parade board and a diarama for Games Day. Yes, I'm actually going to enter a mini into Golden Daemon... nothing ventured nothing gained...

Rev

Last edited by TheReverend; 04-27-12 at 08:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #252 of 278 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 08:49 AM

Disciple_of_Ezekiel's Flag is: USA

Hey Rev,

The Land Raider door looks fine to me, I see no real issues with it. I guess it comes down to how you feel about. But as I said before, I think it looks good. The only real issue I see are the spots where the washes ended up pulling on areas of the tanks. Otherwise, GREAT photo and some well deserved Rep heading your way.

Regards,
DoE

"To retreat is defeat. Advance! Advance! In our Death lies Victory."
Captain Denos, 19th Company,468th regiment of the
Death Korps of Krieg

The K.R.I.E.G. Project (My Death Korps of Krieg Plog)

post #253 of 278 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
Drinker of tea...

DoE Thnaks for teh comment. I always used to get that issue with the washes pooling... but then when I started adding snow it made sense; the snow would wash the dirt of the tanks in real life and you'd end up with smears and streaks all over the place, so now that's how I imagine it in my head

Thanks for the Rep

Rev

post #254 of 278 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 11:33 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Yes, I'm actually going to enter a mini into Golden Daemon... nothing ventured nothing gained...
About time too.

Loving the fangs on the LR. I too am considering getting a normal LR, but I think I'll try and scrape a few qquid together and get the FW MkIIB version. It looks a lot cooler than the newer one.

As an aside, what's happened to the Alpha Legion project?
post #255 of 278 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 12:04 PM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Everything is looking awesome Rev!!!! Quite a motorpool you have there.

As to the teeth on the LR I think they turned out great and really fit the feel of your army. Nice work.

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
post #256 of 278 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Drinker of tea...

Hey guys, thanks for the C&C's, and glad you like the fangs. I wanted to give it a go so... I think they might look better if I painted a lower jaw too, which I did try on the lower door but it looked rubbish due to the ribs on there.

Khorne's Fist: the Alpha Legion project kinda fizzled out and I sold them on eBay (using the money to buy some of those FW terminators when I next get over to Notts). I was glad I painted them up but I guess my heart just lies with the wolves Although some did get recycled into my Sky Claws... talk about infiltration skills...
post #257 of 278 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 01:01 PM

demon bringer's Flag is: United Kingdom

that is one sexy block of mobile armour right there rev

please take a look at my space wolf plog, its free
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...t=87618&page=4
my woodelves plog is also free
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=92487
post #258 of 278 (permalink) Old 04-27-12, 09:59 PM

Jangalak's Flag is: United Kingdom

Rev looking good mate, really like the paint job and nice use of those round shields, really thing they go well on those tanks. You have a seriously impressive array of tanks, looking forward to seeing them next month. And the teeth look great, really like the way you have done them, I think I can see some nice lighter edging? Keep em coming.

Check out my IG painting blog The Emporers Feth

Check out Hocky's IG Project Log here (The Emperor's Feth 2)
post #259 of 278 (permalink) Old 04-28-12, 06:48 PM

jd579's Flag is: United Kingdom

Holy crap mate, looking amazing, if i was looking for inspiration to repaint my wolves I have found it, great work
post #260 of 278 (permalink) Old 05-26-12, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
Drinker of tea...

Just thought I'd share a few pics of Jangalak's Imperial Guard battering my wolves at Warhammer World this week. We had two games (one loss and one draw for me), a big burger and a lot of fun.

The games were great, I just think my wolves aren't geared up for fighting a tank army. But it was good prep for this weekend's tourny at the UK games expo. Can't wait!!

IMG_3717_1024x768.jpg

IMG_3719_1024x768.jpg

IMG_3721_1024x768.jpg

Cheers for teh great day Jangalak, Looking forward to trying out the new edition when it arrives!

Rev

Last edited by TheReverend; 05-26-12 at 06:34 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode