The Reverend's Space Wolves - Page 21 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #201 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-04-12, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Drinker of tea...

TheReverend's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
In the first turn of his first game he took out a GK LR, and in his second game he took out Kharn the Betrayer's LR, and in his next he took out a CF redeemer in a Death or Glory roll. He's great for charging down a flank at your enemy's support units.
wow, he sounds like a beast!! I might just make one after all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-04-12, 04:07 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
wow, he sounds like a beast!! I might just make one after all!
He is. Ask our very own McMuffin. It was his Kharn that had to foot slog it after his ride was mangled.

The reason he kept meeting LRs was because most people run them 12" in the first turn, putting them within the potential 24" range of a TW. Who can resist the temptation to land 5 S10 attacks on such a pricey enemy unit?

Last edited by Khorne's Fist; 03-04-12 at 04:11 PM.
post #203 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-04-12, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Drinker of tea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
He is. Ask our very own McMuffin. It was his Kharn that had to foot slog it after his ride was mangled.

The reason he kept meeting LRs was because most people run them 12" in the first turn, putting them within the potential 24" range of a TW. Who can resist the temptation to land 5 S10 attacks on such a pricey enemy unit?
you've sold it to me... Iron Preist is on the list

post #204 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-04-12, 04:42 PM
Mentally hilarious

xenobiotic's Flag is: Sweden

I like how you've conveyed a sense of movement to the miniatures, and the spears add a lot of character and makes sense on mounted units in my opinion. Personally I think the shafts of the spears are too thick for the space marine hands (it looks odd around the hand) and I would have replaced them with brass rod pieces of smaller diameter if I where you (which I believe will hold better through wear and tear as well). While on the subject of the spears those points are awfully thick and blunt.
post #205 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-04-12, 04:57 PM

Jangalak's Flag is: United Kingdom

Loving these Rev, there is a real sense on movement, and those spears look ace. I think the magnetising idea is good as you might want to mix them up once you start playing around with them, looking forward to seeing you progress through them.

Check out my IG painting blog The Emporers Feth

Check out Hocky's IG Project Log here (The Emperor's Feth 2)
post #206 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-04-12, 05:23 PM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

I think that the spears are working nicely mate. Looking forward to watching these guys progress.

How is the quality of the sculpt up close and personal? I was wondering what they looked like without the paint job?

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
post #207 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-04-12, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Drinker of tea...

xenobiotic: I looked at all different types of spears available in the GW range and the skeleton warriors were the best fit really. Others were either too thin or two fancy. In my mind the wolves would have heavy, brutish spears mimicing the spears they used to hunt kraken. Why spend lots of resource making a fancy spear when 9 times out of 10 the kraken would simply swallow it up?

I've been sorting the hands out with some green stuff and actually pinned the spears so they won't be falling off

Jangalak: cheers mate, the wolves are litterally drooling at the thought of eating your guardsmen at some point

Midge913: that's an interesting question. I would say they are great close up, and there's a lot of detail and extra bits in the box. The wolves fit together nicely and they are really easy to clean up.
I would say that the moulded detail on the shields and shoulder pads looks a bit odd. It's good work but it seems to have lost a bit of definition, like some of the cheaper plastics out there.
Over all I can't fault them though, £33 for 3 wolves with quite a bit of variety in the box is easily the best deal on the market now.

Thanks for the feedback as usual. I've put three together now and got another three to do, plus the wolf lord is arriving thusday, so it'll be another week before I've painted them up.
post #208 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-04-12, 07:29 PM

Lethiathan's Flag is: United Kingdom

I may have to paint my brothers space wolves when he gets them... This blog has inspired me!

World's Worst Project-Logger.

Slightly Derranged, would advice staying away.
post #209 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-04-12, 10:36 PM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

cant wait to see yours painted rev. in he middle of building my Twolf lord right now myself... ugh i hate finecast moldlines

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #210 of 278 (permalink) Old 03-04-12, 11:28 PM

I like the spears. Power armor increases a space marine's already superhuman strength, so it stands to reason they would heft abnormally massive spears for extra man-stopping power. I also really like the blood in the snow bases you've done. nice work!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode