The Reverend's Space Wolves - Page 18 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #171 of 278 (permalink) Old 01-29-12, 10:09 PM

Jangalak's Flag is: United Kingdom

Great to see your force growing with all that termie armour and a nice heavy hitter like the vindicator - I've heard that blast templates are getting 'better' in 6th Ed so another one of those is no bad thing.

No comments as yet, they all look like they are enroute to becoming another awesome addition. Although I am a bit worried about that coffee cup on your table - that nescafe looks pretty strong, is that how you are knocking out all those models!

And about the 'Edward Scissorhands' Wolf Lord - I think we all need to have a whip around, buy it and send it back to you!!! Just kiddin...my first Ultramarine army is gonna head the same way before long, sniff sniff...

Check out my IG painting blog The Emporers Feth

Check out Hocky's IG Project Log here (The Emperor's Feth 2)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 278 (permalink) Old 01-31-12, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Drinker of tea...

TheReverend's Flag is: United Kingdom

Thanks again for the comments guys... they really are much appreciated. As for the wolf lord Jangalak, please do not purchase him and send him back, there's now no room in the box for him (that's like your dad turning you bedroom in to a gym the second you move out at 19...)

Anyway, here's the first of a couple of updates: The Vindicator.

I think if anything this is better than my first vindicator. I'm getting more daring with my vehicles, putting more and more jags and wolf-like markings on them. I wanted to paint a great maw on the siege shield of this bad boy but the cut-out for the cannon kinda ruined that

IMG_3082_1024x768.jpg

IMG_3083_1024x768.jpg

IMG_3084_1024x768.jpg

A couple of thoughts: My girlfriend's dad tought me this for my birthday which is kinda cool. And I can't believe that I have 9 behicles in my army, considering I hate painting tanks. My view is slowly changing to one of finding them a bit of a patch of freedom to do larger things where infintry don't really allow that.

Anyway, C&C's welcome as usual.

Rev
post #173 of 278 (permalink) Old 01-31-12, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Drinker of tea...

And here's the next update; The Terminators

I batch painted these as I was doing the vindicator. I actually started them last year but got distracted by so many other things that have appeared in this plog.

IMG_3096_1024x768.jpg
IMG_3097_1024x768.jpg

There are 9 here, which brings my total to 15. Altogether I've used two squads of Wolf Guard terminators, some donated terminators (from generous guys on this site) and some of the Forge World Space Wolf terminators which I brought on eBay, using several of the legs from the Dark Angels sprue (I knew there was a reason I was saving them...)

IMG_3098_1024x768.jpg
IMG_3099_1024x768.jpg

Now I have one of each of the heavy weapons choices plus a host of other combinations. It's a bit annoying that the base configuration in the codex is storm bolter and power weapon, when the terminator box set comes with precisely 1 power weapon. I have converted a few more so I have two with this combination and two with power weapon and combi-bolter.

4 wolves with wolf-claws was a must (I love how they tear shit up on the battle field, especially when combined with a Land Raider Crusader...). There's also a couple of thunderhammers and power fists in there.

IMG_3100_1024x768.jpg
IMG_3102_1024x768.jpg
IMG_3103_1024x768.jpg

I haven't really tried anything new, other than the tufts of grass on teh bases, which I'm still really happy with, just getting them out of the door really.

I will try and improve my photography these are looking pretty dark. I haven't got used to my new painting area yet, please bear with me...

C&C's welcome

Rev

I think

post #174 of 278 (permalink) Old 01-31-12, 09:09 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Sweet as usual. I have been contemplating doing a Loganwing force myself since I found a decent list over on the Spacewolf-Grey blog, and this certainly inspires.
post #175 of 278 (permalink) Old 01-31-12, 10:23 PM

First class mate, the termies are stunning - cant think of anything useful to say other than I am looking forward to shooting them up in a few weeks!

The vindicator is cool two, I love the colourscheme on your stuff and the grey, red, boltgun hangs together really well in this. One thing i did notice was the exhausts - they look too clean on top and the 'smoke' damage around them looks a little to 'painted on' rather than a dry-brushed style which is my pref.

post #176 of 278 (permalink) Old 02-01-12, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Drinker of tea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
Sweet as usual. I have been contemplating doing a Loganwing force myself since I found a decent list over on the Spacewolf-Grey blog, and this certainly inspires.
I did this one accident to be honest. a guy gave me a couple of random terminators with no arms so I brought another set of Space Wolves terminators to fix them up and had 15 terminators before I knew it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangalak View Post
One thing i did notice was the exhausts - they look too clean on top and the 'smoke' damage around them looks a little to 'painted on' rather than a dry-brushed style which is my pref.
You're right about the exhaust carbonation, I didn't do it the way I usually do and my Badab Black was topo watered down so nothing is as dark as it usually is... I'll sort it out.

Right, for the last update: Characters

First up is Nigel the Storm Caller. I like how he turned out, the runes in the staff weren't quite how I wanted them but the cyber raven is pretty cool I thought. Most of teh time they are painted black so I thought I'd do him a brown/bone colour. He's not a real bird afterall...
IMG_3087_1024x768.jpg
IMG_3089_1024x768.jpg
IMG_3090_1024x768.jpg

Next up is a Lone Wolf, using Logan Grimnars mini. I didn't want Logan to lead my force but I did need his axe, so this is what became of the rest of him...
IMG_3095_1024x768.jpg
He weilds twin power axes known as the Blades of Fenris

And last up is Bjorn Stormwolf himself. Finally finished to lead his great company. I tried to use lots of gold and purple (the colour of emperors) on him as he's described as wearing ornate armour in the codex. I gave him Logan's axe and the storm bolter from a Grey Knight. In game he'll count as Logan so he needed similar weapons I thought. Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the way he panned out.
IMG_3091_1024x768.jpg
IMG_3093_1024x768.jpg
IMG_3106_1024x768.jpg

That's it for now, I have 5 scouts and an attack bike on the painting table ready to go...

C&C's welcome!!

Rev
post #177 of 278 (permalink) Old 02-01-12, 07:46 PM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Looking great bud!!! Particularly liking Bjorn. I think the purple stands out really well as an accent color and makes for a striking model.

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
post #178 of 278 (permalink) Old 02-01-12, 08:30 PM
Death Before Dishonour

WarlordKaptainGrishnak's Flag is: Australia

Haven't commented on this in awhile, but loving your work Rev. I admire your batch painting skill on the Hunter squads (it's something I really need to get my head around...batch patinting) they came out great. The Vindi looks amazing, and nothign beats 15 Termies. I like the mix of bits you've used on them, makes them look knarled and veteran, with each his own 'look'. The characters look ace as well. well done. look forward to the next update.

Grish
post #179 of 278 (permalink) Old 02-01-12, 09:28 PM
Bleh

Marneus Calgar's Flag is: England

These are awesome! Really, really great work! +Rep
post #180 of 278 (permalink) Old 02-02-12, 07:13 PM

great work buddy - this is really picky of me but I think the skull on top of 'nigels' staff needs some highlights (although to be fair the photo is a little blurry).

Other than that it is superb as always, particularly like Bjorn, he looks truely legendary, and I think the runes came out really well. The Lone Wolf is looking really dynamic too.

Its gonna be a shame to have to shoot at them in a few weeks!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode