The real defenders of the Imperium! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-11-10, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

dougan_2's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default The real defenders of the Imperium!

No, I'm not talking about the damned smurfs. I'm talking about the Imperial guard. This is my Imperial guard project log.
For my scheme I didn't want to do one like cadians, I thought it was abit overused (as imperial guard go.) So I made my own. This is a bronze coloured armour and light brown trousers? (dunno really could be beige..)
Anyway here we go, enough typing and some pictures. This is picture heavy. Yeah the pictures aren't really light enough but there are lots of them so maybe you will get the gist. If you need I'll take some more tomorrow when it will hopefully be brighter outside.

This is the whole squad, not a very good piccie..

Anyway thats that then. You want to know anything just ask! took 40 minutes to do the squad but bout 20 minutes to decide the scheme ^.^ OK c ya!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-11-10, 11:04 PM

Looking good mate. Can't wait to see more + rep

Skar

Visit my site here
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-12-10, 02:57 AM

Otep's Flag is: USA

i dig the "screw the norm" feel of this but i can not honestly see any real fighting force going out in shiny bronze armour....

just my personal tid-bit.... i'd say paint 'em a darker tan (mid tone brown?) and make it into more of a desert camo theme

but again, thats jsut me.... and this is 40k where we have shiny gold jump pack fruit cakes going about going LOOK AT MEEEEEEEH!

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-12-10, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

I agree with what you are saying to some extent, but also like you said, this is 40k where anything is possible (well..).. You could just look at the colour as a shiny brown, then again shiny brown is bronze.. You get what I'm saying! I like them this way and am going to probably keep this scheme for them.
Anyways, coming up, hmmm, 3 heavy weapons teams (autocannons), and mebbe I'll do another squad..

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-12-10, 10:48 AM
Febris Militarius

Medic Marine's Flag is: Australia

I like! Proprs to the guard and rep to you.

Life is all anatomy lessons and paint brushes
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-12-10, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

I was almost thinking for the legion to be some form of bad company. For any that haven't played the game its a company of people that have, erm, done something wrong? Ofcourse this means there would be less tanks, some penal legion, ofcourse a horde army.
What do people use for penal legion models?
Are they any good in a game?
I probably won't do the bad company thing but its just an idea. I want a bit of realism in my army really, anyone know how to achieve stuff like that through painting? =S I wanted them to almost look tired (didn't achieve that..)

Also, thanks for the comment Medic Marine!

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-12-10, 12:56 PM

edd_thereaper's Flag is: England

the forge world renagades kits could be used to represent penal legion troopers

link and link 2

otherwise you could just use normal guardsmen, maybe with different heads, and just paint them differently

for example paint all their cloth orange to represent prison uniforms ect. (I don't know what colour they are, but I seem to remember somthing about orange)

you could either use them as the actual penal legion, which are a sort of wild card unit, or just use them as a guard platoon ect.

rules can be found in the Imperial guard codex, which if you don't have already, you may want to consider buying

I hope this helps

cheers

edd
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-12-10, 04:42 PM

Otep's Flag is: USA

the penal legion they had back on GW's webpage a few years back was florseant orange uniform , black boots and jewlers chain and i dont remember the colour of the armour.... i think they used green to represent being "drafted" but they used grenade lauunchers mostly, no plasmas.... a few auto-gun/heavy bolter teams etc.... they guy said he wanted to make it feel like they didnt trust them with the heavy duty weapons so he went with that general idea....

hope it helps

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-12-10, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Hmm, thanks for the ideas, I like the look of the renegades but that would boost the prices up to £27 for one squad =S Penal legion don't look too bad for their price. If anyone has had any experience with them please mention ^.^ Not managed to get as much done as should of today... Blame myself for that >.> but will deff have 2 more squads up tomorrow.

@edd - yeah might do the guardsmen with different heads, pig iron heads might do some.
@Otep - did the person use penal legion counting as guard then? I don't think normal penal legion can get upgrades =S

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-13-10, 06:29 PM
rich11762's Flag is: England

to be honest they look pretty good indeed but the pic quality need sortin out no excuse in this day and age not to have them in focus, plus the bases are not done which is a hate for me, but i like the colours used it seem effective, bronze colour shoulder pads look totally fine to me no reason at all why it cant be that colour it seems quite fitting actually

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode