Forkmasters Emperor's Children Warband WIP! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 146 (permalink) Old 08-03-10, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

Default Forkmasters Emperor's Children Warband WIP!

Well as many might know Im a die hardcore IG-fan but I also love the forces of Chaos (corrupted IG:men and CSM). Well during my making of Imperial Guardsmen, I got bored and wanted to make some other models, here's my results. The models will be based upon my fan-fic characters just like my other project log.

Bare with me, the models will show up in the next reply. I prefer clean introduktions (meaning no images).

This is my Traitor Legion Warband, consiting of Death Guard and Emperors Children. Driven by somewhat same cause, they have forged a smaller alliance as their specific worshipped God tolerate one and another. Lead by the swollen infested Death Guard Dauler Frameius (Typhus model) and the Daemon Prince of Slaanesh, Luuk Serdar, once a proud Emperors Children champion, now a brutal traitor with a twisted mind.

Army-list (***Will be updated soon***):

Last edited by morfangdakka; 03-03-12 at 11:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 146 (permalink) Old 08-03-10, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

First model you'll see is former Captain Dauler Frameius of the Death Guard, now a feared Chaos Lord Commander. One of the Chosen Nine (nine Warlords chosen during the Horus Heresy for a great prophecy dealing with the 4 great Chaos Gods). The model used to picture him is Typhus, the Herald of Nurgle:

post #3 of 146 (permalink) Old 08-03-10, 10:51 PM

ownzu's Flag is: United Kingdom

not too sure about the green,looks like it could do with a devlan mud wash or somethin, other than that i like it
+rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull-killyork View Post
did you know the bermuda triangle was the bermuda square untill chuck norris round house kicked one of the corners off

post #4 of 146 (permalink) Old 08-03-10, 10:56 PM

DestroyerHive's Flag is: Canada

You can't just take Typhus and say he's someone else with the same statline. I suggest converting him, maybe add a PF or tentacles. Or I would highly suggest converting a Terminator Lord model.

If someone lacks intelligence, than he is not stupid, because one cannot be stupid without intelligence.

If someone reverts to having to complain about your grammar, then you already won.
post #5 of 146 (permalink) Old 08-04-10, 01:36 AM
genesis108's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyerHive View Post
You can't just take Typhus and say he's someone else with the same statline.
Actually, you can. That's the beauty of Counts-As. You can change the name of any model you want, as long as the points remain the same and there are no changes in the rules or stats, you can do exactly that..or you can take a regular model and use it as a character. So..yes. He can. As long as his opponents understand what it going on.
post #6 of 146 (permalink) Old 08-04-10, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownzu View Post
not too sure about the green,looks like it could do with a devlan mud wash or somethin, other than that i like it
+rep
I will think about if I get more mdoels. I wanted to try a different approach on the Death Guard as not everyone looks the same! Thanks for the rep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyerHive View Post
You can't just take Typhus and say he's someone else with the same statline. I suggest converting him, maybe add a PF or tentacles. Or I would highly suggest converting a Terminator Lord model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis108 View Post
Actually, you can. That's the beauty of Counts-As. You can change the name of any model you want, as long as the points remain the same and there are no changes in the rules or stats, you can do exactly that..or you can take a regular model and use it as a character. So..yes. He can. As long as his opponents understand what it going on.
Well the other guy answered for me, and these guys Im not going to play with. Just gluing them together and painting them and put them up on my wall for viewing pretty much. So I thought they might as well represent some from my fac fin.
post #7 of 146 (permalink) Old 08-04-10, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

So while during my pause from IG:men I went for some Chaos. You will see some difference on the models as seven new ones are mixed with 4 old ones (the new have the slightly lighter colors and the old ones harsch with brown inc). Let's see if you can see the difference. This is squad 1:

P.S: I never thought about until now but I took 7 pictures on 1st squad (Nurgles holy Number).
post #8 of 146 (permalink) Old 08-04-10, 12:22 PM

Rob1981's Flag is: United Kingdom

try thinning your paints a little, particularly the brown around the plasma gun grip on the second to last plague marine, two thin coats are better than one thick one.
post #9 of 146 (permalink) Old 08-04-10, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1981 View Post
try thinning your paints a little, particularly the brown around the plasma gun grip on the second to last plague marine, two thin coats are better than one thick one.
That would be one of my older DG-models (painted when I was 14 = not a good painter), but your tip is highly noted!
post #10 of 146 (permalink) Old 08-04-10, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

This is my 2nd Nurgle squad, Im kinda disappointed with the guy with a spear on his back-pack (or whatever to call it):

I think this would be my Aspiring Champion:

This is a single Possessed Marine without any squad right now (he has the old possessed parts for head and right arm):

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode