Genesis III - 317th Strike Force (And other gubbins) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-21-10, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

dutchy1982's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Genesis III - 317th Strike Force (And other gubbins)

Okay a relation of mine and myself decided we would start project logs to get some feedback on how our armies are developing. I've been collecting Imperial Guard now for a year so a lot of models are painted already but I'll only post maybe a couple of pictures a week in the order I collected and painted them.

So first up is the first unit I bought and painted which was the old metal company command squad.

As you can see the colour style is contrasting. I'm aiming for cream tunics with black armour. The bases are done in a simple style with a little flock and some baking powder mixed with glue for snow. (Have since changed to just placing th glue on the base and sprinkling the powder on top, a lot more effective for my taste)

This is the Company Commander which I still haven't come up with a name for yet, any suggestions welcomed. The painting is a little dodgy I realise but hopefully this will improve over time.

Here is the Company Standard for the squad. Eventually he will most likely become redundant due to a new meltagun initiative running in the Three-One-Seven.

The Meltagun from the squad. Hoping to have three dudes equipped like this in the end for the CCS.

The medic, which will probably also be out of a job eventually. As you can see from his shoulder pad, each unit will have squad markings. The squad markings also involve the tunic trimmings as well. So for example this little chap has red trimmings on his tunic indicating that he is from the 2nd Battalion of the 317.

Black = 1st Battalion (Vehicles Mainly) Red = 2nd

These colours are also used on the shoulder pads. The colours are used instead of numbers:

Black = 1st
Red = 2nd
White = 3rd
Blue = 4th

So shoulder pad in one solid colour with a C would represent the company command, e.g. Red Shoulder pad with black C would be the 2nd Company Command. when these colours start splitting you get the lower squads, for example a shoulder pad split into two maybe Red and Blue with a P written over it would indicate to me that that person was from the 4th Platoon, 2nd Company Platoon Command.

Then a person with three colours on his shoulder pad, maybe, Red-White-Red would represent that he belonged to the 2nd Squad, 3rd Platoon, 2nd company. then taking into account the trimmings on his tunic which would represent which Battalion he came from, complex I know. But I needed a system for working out what belonged to what and also gave me a little bit more detail for the army itself.

SO....

Comments please? The harsher the better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CCS.jpg (610.3 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg JO.jpg (188.4 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg standard.jpg (245.0 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg melta.jpg (187.1 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg medic.jpg (196.1 KB, 80 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-10, 01:39 PM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

Intersting. I'll be following this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-22-10, 03:34 PM

Rob1981's Flag is: United Kingdom

looking good

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-26-10, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

dutchy1982's Flag is: United Kingdom

Okay next up is the first squad I painted which is the 4th Squad, 3rd Platoon, 2nd Company.

As you can see the paintings still not up to par, but I will get there eventually. I tried painting the regiment numbers onto their left shoulder pads to give a little more detail.

Here you can see the squad markings on their right shoulder pad. The squad is equipped with a vox and grenade launcher to give it a little flexibility until I finally decide how I would like to play them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (169.8 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (77.6 KB, 76 views)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode