Stuff's dealings with Chaos. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-20-10, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

stuff's Flag is: Scotland

Default Stuff's dealings with Chaos.

I have recently been getting back into warhammer with a couple of mates (played a bit while i was in primary school), i feel my hobby skills have improved since then and as no one gets to see my models apart from my two mates i thought I'd post a log here.

To save myself some cash as i don't have much, I have taken some of my old models and stripped the paint off them and done some conversions and painting.

I am base my army around thousand sons and plague marines (an odd mix but I like the models). I don't really like the thousand sons sorcerer mosel so i have converted one using my old cypher model:

I filed cypher's head down and then drilled his kneck out a bit using my dad's power tools. Painted him the other evening:

My painting I am pretty pleased with considering i am just getting back into the hobby and lack much patience. Any advice on how to improve would be much appreciated!

And now for my Nurgle daemon Prince! I stripped the paint from an old cave troll and add made him a new head with a gas mask sort of thing, a bigger belly with some guts showing and some boils forming the nurgle symbol. Here he is so far:

I am rather impressed with how he has turned out so far considering this is my first encounter with green stuff! I have to say the guides here on heresy helped A LOT for me as a beginner. Any crit. would be appreciated here too. I ordered a pair of "winged nightmare wings" to add to him also.

That's all the pics I got so far but i am nearly finished my first unit of thousand sons so you might see them up here tomorrow or the day after!

What I have and will start painting soon:

-2x Obliterators (hopefully a couple more soon!)
-unit of chosen with 4x meltaguns
-unit of death guard

What i have and hope to re-paint:

-Land raider

What i am still to buy and paint:

-another unit of deathguard
-another unit of thousand sons
-rhinos for my troops
-more obliterators
-unit of flamer chosen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-20-10, 07:50 PM

awesome conversion work! I envy your greenstuffing skills. The Cypher conversion looks great, and so does the paintjob

Quote:
Remember to use the BRB not the SRB from black reach... makes for a much better implement of physical enlightenment through repeated smacking on the head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven302 View Post
Ah... the simpler times of the 1960's. When pedophilia wasn't frowned upon.
“Thou shalt not invite a Banshee to Karaoke”
post #3 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-20-10, 07:51 PM
Great Unclean One

Svartmetall's Flag is: Wales

As a devoted follower of Father Nurgle myself, I feel obliged to rep you for a worthy Daemon Prince conversion Is that a 40mm or 60mm base? Part of my brain tells me that Monstrous Creatures should be on 60mm bases, but I could be wrong; if you end up using a 60mm base, though, I'd strongly recommend adding a couple of Nurglings to the DP's base to add flavour - I mean, who can resist them? They're so cute

By the way, I'm intending to produce a tutorial on making Nurgle Obliterators in the near future...keep your eyes peeled...

The ever-growing horde of Death Guard: Pandemic
Nurgle Daemons army: Angels of Disease
Death Guard fiction: 'Incursion'
Nurgle 101 Tutorial

THE IMPERIUM TONIGHT #1, #2, #3

post #4 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-20-10, 08:31 PM
Painting Munky style!

Munky's Flag is: England

I second the 60mm base idea but take it a step further magnetize the nurglings as wound counters!

Its looking good so far fella, very nice painting and sculpting!
post #5 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-20-10, 08:41 PM

Meh..... i could do better

jk, your green stuff skillz are pwnage!
post #6 of 94 (permalink) Old 05-20-10, 10:37 PM