Quick Sculpts - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-05-16, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
Miniature's Surgeon

Dusty's Corner's Flag is: Philipines

I'm embarrassed to say; Steven Seagal lol. If you go on google and do a search you'll see he's aged somewhat. I quickly threw together this image below to help out.

He has indeed been in a few bars and many a times he's played a cop of some kind! Have some Rep for playing the guess-who game Grim!
So I've gone for the modern era look whilst trying to keep his menacing frown. I dunno, might be a stretch of the imagination!

I've got another head I'm working on for a second chance at playing guess-who
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-05-16, 02:24 AM
Unhinged Hobo

GrimzagGorwazza's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty's Corner View Post
I'm embarrassed to say; Steven Seagal lol. If you go on google and do a search you'll see he's aged somewhat. I quickly threw together this image below to help out.

He has indeed been in a few bars and many a times he's played a cop of some kind! Have some Rep for playing the guess-who game Grim!
So I've gone for the modern era look whilst trying to keep his menacing frown. I dunno, might be a stretch of the imagination!

I've got another head I'm working on for a second chance at playing guess-who
Damn, i can see it now, especially compared to the first image in from the top left. I think i was hindered from only having seen him in under siege, and he was a lot younger then with no eye bags.

post #53 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-16-16, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Miniature's Surgeon

phew...I'm glad there's resemblance! I watched Exit Wounds the other day which I think is about the era I'm going for. Anyway, still working on refining the features and adding hair.

But for now on to round 2 of Guess-who:

At this stage if I'm honest, he looks like a bunch of older celebs, maybe that dude from the Rock (Ed Harris) but it's not him. Hopefully the deep crease running up the cheek pretty much to the eye gives a clue.

post #54 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-16-16, 01:49 PM

DelvarusThePitFighter's Flag is: United Kingdom

What medium are you using to sculpt these? Is it just clay or something else?
post #55 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-16-16, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Miniature's Surgeon

Super Sculpey mixed with Super Sculpey-Firm. Not too sure on the ratio, maybe a bit more Sculpey-Firm than plain Sculpey which is why it's more grey than translucent. In previous sculpts, I've added Fimo black to make the overall clay darker.
The other thing with these sculpts is that I've tried to keep them warm so that it's easier/softer to work with over a duration of time. In the past before I've found leaving sculpey for a while can sometimes dry out, making it seem like it's been baked (but not). If you try to work it, things start to become crumbly. So with these sculpts, even before applying the sculpt tool, I warm it up a bit by rubbing it on my fingers and not being afraid to hold the actual sculpt betwen my fingers to help keep things warm. Rubbing the tool also checks if it's smooth or if it's had any dings since you've used it last or if somethings stuck to it.
I also have a blob of clay next to the sculpts which I draw upon if I need to add bits. Every so often I'll remix that blob to bring it back to life. Again it's just making things more malleable, softer, and adding warmth before applying to the sculpture. We're talking body warmth here, not under a lamp or other heating device.

Hope it helps!
post #56 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-23-16, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
Miniature's Surgeon

I've baked the other 2 heads.....meanwhile I started something a bit less strict. Not caring so much about making things accurately look like something else has made this go a bit quicker than the other 2.

As you can see, it's basic roughing in. Not sure how elaborate to make the back of the head. He's looking a bit like he belongs in the comic universe so I've nicknamed this one MegabyteBill (makes labelling files easier). And he just looks like a villian
Watcha think?
post #57 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-22-16, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Miniature's Surgeon

So it's been a while......

And here it is casted & painted. Camera/Lighting seems to have added a slight yellow.

Last edited by Dusty's Corner; 06-22-16 at 08:47 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode