WIP Warband Gorthrax project log. - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-04-11, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
Death Before Dishonour

WarlordKaptainGrishnak's Flag is: Australia

The latest Possessed to be completed.

I must say I have enjoyed every moment of painting these Possessed so far. Though not the best unit in C:CSM, they are the best kit to make. Its very versatile and adds great bits for other CSM models.

The next Possessed will be done as a tutorial, so anyone who was curious can see the steps I am taking with these models.

Grish

Last edited by WarlordKaptainGrishnak; 01-04-11 at 06:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-27-11, 04:47 AM

DrinCalhar's Flag is: USA

I love the wings on the DP. I have not decided what I think about the colors but the green stuff mods are nice.
post #33 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-11-11, 06:34 AM Thread Starter
Death Before Dishonour

Righto folks, a few Red Wolves have been done as a hiatus from the Death Guard. The hiatus came up because I decided to make one of the Possessed a tutorial stage by stage, and the taking of pictures after each stage made it seem like it takes longer than it should, which was a bit off putting. Anywho, onto the show.

Grish's Death Guard Tutorial:

These steps are used to paint my Plague Marines and Possessed.

Step 1: The base primer, I use a cheap $2-3 can from a local cheapo $2 shop.

Step 2: All armour is painted in Knarloc Green Foundation Paint

Step 3: The armour is then given a wash in Delvan Mud

Step 4: This is done here as it saves time. The trim and any other metal parts, being weapons or packs or pipes and wires, are painted in Chainmail.

Step 5: All armour and metal is given a wash of Babad Black.

Step 6: All armour and metal is given another wash of Delvan Mud.

Step 7: Multiple schemes are used here. Items such as skulls are coated in Khemri Brown Foundation Paint. Spikes and teeth recieve a coat of Calthan Brown Foundation Paint. Skin is painted with a basecoat of Khemri Brown Foundation paint and the 'Nurgly bits' like mutations and sinew are given a basecoat of Tallarn Flesh Foundation Paint.

Step 8: The skulls and skin both recieve a coat of Dheneb Stone Foundation paint, leaving recesses with the previous layer. Spikes and teeth recieve a layer of Khemri Brown Foundation paint, making sure to leave a portion of the Calthan Brown showing. 'Nurgly bits' recieve a wash of Ogryn Flesh.

Step 9: The skulls and skin recieve a Delvan Mud wash. Spikes and teeth recieve a coat of Dheneb Stone leaving a portion of the Khemri Brown foundation paint showing. 'Nurgly bits' recieve a highlight in Tallarn Flesh Foundation paint.

Step 10: Skulls and skin recieve another coat of Dheneb stone foundation paint. Spikes and teeth recieve a wash of Delvan Mud. 'Nurgly bits' recieve a wash in Baal Red. The eyes (helmeted or normal) are painted with Chaos Black.

Step 11: 'Nurgly bits' recieve a highlight of Dheneb Stone.

Step 12: 'Nurgly bits' are given a liberal wash of Leviathan Purple.

Step 13: Base your model accordingly and viola he is complete!

Here's one I prepared earlier:

I've still got another 3 Possessed for this squad to go. with the last having the Icon of Slaanesh. My method for him will to be wearing the CSM Champion Slaaneshi shoulder pad from the CSM Marine box, another the Tzeentch one and another with the Khorne one. Working on one for Nurgle, but it gives me the option to change the icons easily.

I also have a reward system for these guys. I have some Chaos Termies to paint/repaint and my Typhus, so for every two Plague Marines i paint, i get to paint a Termie inbetween. Something to keep me going for now :D

So stay tuned, more is on the way folks.

Grish

Last edited by WarlordKaptainGrishnak; 03-12-11 at 03:35 AM.

post #34 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-14-11, 05:12 AM Thread Starter
Death Before Dishonour

Unfortunately the light wasn't the best this afternoon so the pictures are a bit dark.

Plague Marine No #3

Plague Marine No #4

Up next one the cards is a Terminator repaint of the Icon Bearer on Page 1. After that I plan on finishing up this squad with it's last 3 members, then working on the Dreadnought that has sat long forgotten.

Grish
post #35 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-14-11, 08:34 AM

Kobrakai's Flag is: United Kingdom

First off what super work on the plague marines, the green and silver on the armour look fantastic, aswell as the use of the bone and purples too look really nice and shaded nicely.

My only one small bone of contention is the plasma coils; everything on the model is shaded and highlighted nicely, but nothing on the coils. If they could be added some depth to then you would have nailed it totally.

Great stuff mate!
post #36 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-14-11, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Death Before Dishonour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobrakai View Post
First off what super work on the plague marines, the green and silver on the armour look fantastic, aswell as the use of the bone and purples too look really nice and shaded nicely.

My only one small bone of contention is the plasma coils; everything on the model is shaded and highlighted nicely, but nothing on the coils. If they could be added some depth to then you would have nailed it totally.

Great stuff mate!
ah yes dem plasma coils. I'm also not happy with them and will be going back over them soon.
post #37 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-14-11, 02:12 PM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Nice looking stuff here Grish. I definitely prefer the darker tones that you have done on later models over the bright pink from the first page. The newer stuff has a more cohesive feel to it and isn't so glaring IMHO. Keep up the good work!

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
post #38 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-14-11, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Death Before Dishonour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge913 View Post
Nice looking stuff here Grish. I definitely prefer the darker tones that you have done on later models over the bright pink from the first page. The newer stuff has a more cohesive feel to it and isn't so glaring IMHO. Keep up the good work!
Cheers Midge. I also prefer the new scheme about a billion times more than the original. The original was a huge pain in the arse to keep consistent so it was just...blarg haha.
post #39 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-21-11, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
Death Before Dishonour

Righto the Terminator is done. Its being raining here so the sun keeps popping in and out of clouds so just when you hope to take a photo with light it goes.

Next onto the last 3 Plague Marines of the first unit!

Grish

Last edited by WarlordKaptainGrishnak; 03-21-11 at 01:12 AM.
post #40 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-21-11, 12:49 PM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

The termy looks great man! I really like the color you have chosen for the guts and stuff. Definitely festering and gross looking as nurgly stuff should be. Keep up the good work!

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode