Blood Angels - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-26-10, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Default Blood Angels

So, recently I was convinced to return to collecting 40k after quite a long break. I was always a massive fan of the blood angels, and as such there was no alternative choice for me.

Upon hearing of the arrival of the new codex, I decided that it was the perfect time.

So, naturally, the first thing I did was walk into GW and buy a whole bunch of stuff.

The first of which was a terminator chaplain. No reason why, other than that a chappy is an Elite choice for BA, and the terminator chaplain model is totally awesome. As such, it was the first model I finished painting:

I was quite happy with how the tabbard turned out.

I also bought the Emperor's Champion model from the BT range, but only because it's so cool. I decided that I would use it as a Sanguinary priest. (I thought it would add to the variation in the models I used for those, considering you may take 1 - 3 for a single elite slot). As such, it was the second model I finished:

I have to apologise for the quality of the image - it makes the model look retarded. Sorry about the base - I'm yet to finish it off with some extras from a basing kit.

I also bought some Vanguard vet's, and a box of terminators. I havn't finished painting either, and I havn't even started the terminators yet because I was waiting on a forge world order of BA shoulder pads for them (because they are awesome). I also recently bought a Land Raider.

Here are some pics of the term's:

I also decided that the current Mephiston model looks totally balls. As such, I went to speak to some of the guys in my local GW, just to put our heads together and think about some ideas for a good basis for a conversions, and eventually we came up with a plan. I know it sounds crazy, but the initial body of the model is going to use Konrad from the vampire counts range. I have decided that the right arm I am going to use is from the sergeant in the Legion of the Damned boxed set. It has a skull shoulder pad, just like Mephiston does, and it has a plasma pistol, just like Mephiston. Konrad's spikiness can quite easily be converted into a psychic hood, too. I am yet to decide on a left arm, or a decent sword. The sword is quite important for Mephiston, so I intend to look through the range of options thoroughly. The head I am using is the head from Sigvald the Magnificent.

Here is my progress so far. You can see that I have removed Konrad's head and much of the cloak of bats. I intend to use an Empire Battle Wizard box set to apply some extra layers of cloaks, to conceal the remainder of the bat cloak, along with some greenstuff to smooth it all over. I intend to remove the "dragon head" thing from the knee of the armour, and add a blood-drop-with-wing thing from the new Death Company boxed set, in its place. I also intend to file down the tip of the boot, so that it isn't quite so vampiric, and looks more power armour-ish.

I think that the blood drop jewels that he has on the end of the chains hanging from his armour look way cool, and totally in keeping with a BA theme.

I will update as stuff progresses!

All of this has happened before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-26-10, 01:58 PM
Febris Militarius

Medic Marine's Flag is: Australia

Thats some goodwork sure, I agree that the BT champion and Termie Chap are some stellar models, is a solid paint job too.

Life is all anatomy lessons and paint brushes
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-26-10, 02:29 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Some nice work. As to the sword for Mephiston, I think that sword on your emperor's champ would be cool.

post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-26-10, 02:34 PM

primeministersinsiter's Flag is: Canada

I think you could use a little drybrushing on the metal. Otherwise, you're off to a roaring start.
Good job.

"You left the objective? I see you have the tactical genuis of a soap dish."
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-26-10, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys! :D

I forgot to mention that after buying the awesome legion of the damned boxed set and took out the arm for Mephiston, I intend to use the rest of the models as Death company marines. I think they will fit with that look quite well! I intend to buy another 5 Death Co marines (an actual boxed set), and then there should be quite a wide variation in the squad. The legion of the damned seargeant is going to be used as the squad chaplain.

post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-26-10, 09:25 PM

Chaoz94's Flag is: England

im liking where this is going
ill be watching

chaoz

http://chaoz94.mybrute.com

" The extra spears were to make it more killy, I don't give a damn if it looks chaos-y or not. It's made to kill shit." crimson_chin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterous View Post
*picture of a Cultist riding a Trygon*
Whee captoured eet fhour CHAOZ!
lol

post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-26-10, 11:09 PM

Winterous's Flag is: Australia

Um...
That arm you were talking about, is a LEFT arm.
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-26-10, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

From the model's perspective, yes. However, the model is just a tiny lump of metal, and doesn't hold a perspective.

I, however, do. Therefore, describing things from my perspective is more appropriate.

post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-26-10, 11:20 PM

Winterous's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Sanguinius View Post
From the model's perspective, yes. However, the model is just a tiny lump of metal, and doesn't hold a perspective.

I, however, do. Therefore, describing things from my perspective is more appropriate.
..Gah?
How can you 'perceive' it being a right arm?
His hand would either be upside down or the wrong way around!
post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-26-10, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Well, I look at the model facing me, and the arm is on the right. Literally.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode