Xenobiotic's continual madness (Updated 20160816) - Page 9 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 1276 (permalink) Old 08-25-10, 04:01 AM

primeministersinsiter's Flag is: Canada

I will cut off your head to gain you abilities. KTHNXBI!

"You left the objective? I see you have the tactical genuis of a soap dish."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 1276 (permalink) Old 08-25-10, 09:16 AM

Pirate Metal Troy's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by primeministersinsiter View Post
There can only be one. Unfortunately, I fear he may be stronger than you, and you would only serve to have your own head severed from your body, thus adding to his already impressive skill.

Thousand Sons: 5W - 2L - 0T
Emperor's Children: 7W - 1L - 1T
Necrons: 1W - 2L - 1T
Salamanders: 3W - 1L - 1T
post #83 of 1276 (permalink) Old 09-02-10, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Mentally hilarious

xenobiotic's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTP View Post
:O I LOVE it! It looks awesome!.

Well done. I will have to give you rep if i can :D.

Cant wait to see what else your gonna paint .
Thank you, glad you like it!
Now I'll just have to dublicate the weathering on all vehicles and infantry I have done so far and will do in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by primeministersinsiter View Post
I'd like to keep my head for the time being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Metal Troy View Post
There can only be one. Unfortunately, I fear he may be stronger than you, and you would only serve to have your own head severed from your body, thus adding to his already impressive skill.
We are the xenobiotic. You will be assimilated. Your inventive and creative distinctiveness will be added to ours. Resistance is futile.

----

I've been painting my commander (counts as Tycho, Mr. Vespillo) and can't decide where to go. I'm having problem deciding on whether the birdskulls on the backpack should be painted white (like the arms) or if they should have "bone" beaks along with highlighted feathers in red/orange.

My personal take on it is:
- White bird skulls might make it become to much white on the miniature as a whole(?)
- Bone beaks and red/orange feathers might be to detailed and steal focus away from his face(?)
EDIT: - Was suggested to make them green, like the knee. Green being a complimentary colour already on the miniature it could work(?)

WIP pictures:

Any input in the matter would be most welcome!

Live long and prosper

Last edited by xenobiotic; 10-17-10 at 02:59 PM.

post #84 of 1276 (permalink) Old 09-03-10, 12:54 PM
Angel Sanguine

Tossidin's Flag is: Norway

UUUH he looks awesome! Love the pose!

I actually don't know what I would do with the "birdheads".
I would not make tthem bone, I would have liked them white, but the white arm will make it look off. Maybe have a colour in the shoulderpad?
You could also, since it's a counts as Tycho, have 1 bird white and the other black, as a symbol for his state as either a madman or honourfull captain (Make the eyes on the black glow orange, and the white yellow/gold/blue)? Just something that popped up in my head.
I would say that green gems fit nicely (gonna use that for my angels sanguine), but I dont know how it would fit with the kneepad, maybe make them more bright?

Anyway, thats my humble take/ideas on it, hope it can be of some use/amusing rubbish
Looking forward to see how he ends up looking!
post #85 of 1276 (permalink) Old 09-06-10, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Mentally hilarious

Default Brother-Captain Vespillo

Thanks for the input Tossidin, it pushed me into making a decision and staying with it till it was finished, +rep!

----

Now we call them the Grim Days. Our Brother-Chaplains have lived to spread these wisdom of old. The might of fleets of battle barges rained fire upon the battle fields as we waged war. Some claim these where our days of glory, that the way we waged war was exemplary even amongst the legions of old days, now we know better. We know that we raged war. The toll upon our souls would be a heavy burden to bear and some where destined not succeed.

Quote:
Some of us carry the marks of our strain on their very flesh, such as myself, others carry them only in their mind, whatever the form they are flickers that can set us on fire when we least expect it. Be prepared Brothers, and know that when you burn you must burn to till your very last ember - before you are reborn anew. For the Emperor!

- Brother-Captain Vespillo, talking to his Battle-Brothers before commencing yet another campaign in the name of the one true Emperor.
Battle-Captain Vespillo, severely wounded in combat losing his complete right arm and left hand as well as his eyesight on his left eye. Scarred by this experience he let the Chapter Forge-father rebuild all parts of his body with bionics apart from the eye, claiming that he had already received greater sight than before by the Emperor himself.

Depicted here with his artificer armour with built in combi-meltagun (dubbed "Old Faithful" after a peculiar incident including an ork battlewagon and one very lucky shot) armed with a sternguard pattern roundhouse magazine capable of choosing varying kinds of ammunition as the situation requires.

Vespillo usually strides into war with his faithful sternguard veterans from the Birds of Paradise company, some of which he has served with from his very induction into the chapter.

Even with his spirit forever altered by the scars received throughout his long service he is still one of the Brethrens most valued tactician and will probably remain in that positions for long, unless his flicker awakens sooner than expected that is.

----

Counts as Tycho (converted from plastic sets and GreenStuff):

Tried out a new "dirty white" recipe that I might carry over to new squads I'm making. It's actually quicker than trying to make it look splendid and polished (and it fits my gritty vehicles perfectly aswell!) therefore C&C are especially welcomed and asked for on this miniature!

Last edited by xenobiotic; 10-17-10 at 03:00 PM.
post #86 of 1276 (permalink) Old 09-06-10, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Mentally hilarious

Oh, another occasion worth celebrating, I have reached a milestone,
LEGAL ARMY ACHIEVED!
(at least when looking at the minimum force organisation chart)

Slots filled:

Not the best armypic but it's good to know I'm getting somewhere.
Now I just need to weather that razorback and dreadnought and do all the bases and [...]

Points Painted:

Last edited by xenobiotic; 10-17-10 at 03:00 PM.
post #87 of 1276 (permalink) Old 09-06-10, 11:05 PM
LTP

LTP's Flag is: England

Absolutley great stuff! I really do like these. I don't normally like weathering but you pull it off so well that i can't help but like it haha.

How many points do you plan to do altogether?

Have some more rep if i can.
post #88 of 1276 (permalink) Old 09-07-10, 01:41 AM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Awesome sauce mate, a very nice army pic

The weathering on vespillo is brilliant, but it makes the rest of your guys look really clean now

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #89 of 1276 (permalink) Old 09-07-10, 01:58 AM
Jeep's and Harley's

OIIIIIIO's Flag is: USA

Great work ... I like your version of Tyco better than GW's. Keep it going man, you are on a badass roll.
post #90 of 1276 (permalink) Old 09-08-10, 04:16 AM

Masstadon's Flag is: USA

These guys look AWESOME nuff said

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode