Xenobiotic's continual madness (Updated 20160816) - Page 80 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #791 of 1276 (permalink) Old 09-22-11, 09:56 PM
Death Before Dishonour

WarlordKaptainGrishnak's Flag is: Australia

Looking good as usual Xeno. Tyberos is coming along awesomely. The lightning is looking nice, as does his base. The tanks -still- look smashing. And its nice to see someone with a Tarantula. It's a nice model and there doesn't seem to be an abundance of them about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #792 of 1276 (permalink) Old 09-23-11, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Mentally hilarious

xenobiotic's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakley View Post
Everything about your project so far has been so completely inspirational, I'm amazed!

I love your painting, just in general, but your freehands are just wow. Awesome job xenobiotic, keep up the awesome work!
Glad you like it Oakley and thanks for the kind comment. I hope to continue to inspire

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordKaptainGrishnak View Post
Looking good as usual Xeno. Tyberos is coming along awesomely. The lightning is looking nice, as does his base. The tanks -still- look smashing. And its nice to see someone with a Tarantula. It's a nice model and there doesn't seem to be an abundance of them about.
It's probably because the Tarantula rules are somewhat ambivalent and strange. I'm going to get a couple of each type though (I think). I'm considering using them in smaller games as a way to annoy the enemy and fill up odd points (when everything is riding transports it's hard to add one marine sometimes). As long as it isn't a killpoint game it should be fairly ok and even usefull.

----

The one thing I hate about mixing mediums (green stuff, plastic and resin) is that the different properties of the mediums makes it harder for me to quickly harden the green stuff in the oven (since resin in particular is more heat sensitive than plastic). So I'm forced to do 2-3 layers of green stuff work each day, making sure I only add one layer to each part of the miniature and let it harden before I move on (one thing on the legs, one thing on the chest and so on).

Well, today I think I'm one step closer to finishing up the chest of my Tyberos counts as. He now has the dual layered lightning bolts on there which was my main goal for the chest plate. I also managed to tweak the abdominal soft armour into something I can live with!

On the legs I've only done a small but still important change - adding the curved dagger and a tiny belt to attach it to his armour. It's details like these that make character models pop by comparison to their fellow soldiers.

The helmet in these pictures is more of a place holder. I'm still on a look out for a better helmet (still no signs of FW World Eater helmets on any of the bits sites ). Another thing that I need to work out (for this miniature and my terminators) is some kind of tube tool. I was considering getting these: http://masq-mini.com/aid-240-TubeTool-Set.html but their webstore appears to be down at this moment and I'd rather not spend 30€ if I could (20+10 shipping) but it's a neat tool to have as tubes are a big roadblock otherwise.

----

So all in all, lot of things left to do!
See you soon!
post #793 of 1276 (permalink) Old 09-23-11, 10:56 PM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Looking really nice Xeno! I like that helm with the model a lot even if it is a place holder. I think it works really well with the lines of the model. The GS details are really starting to shape up, especially the ribbing around the midsection. Look forward to watching him progress.

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here

post #794 of 1276 (permalink) Old 09-24-11, 01:42 AM

DocB's Flag is: USA

I've loved watching your army develop. You make me want to start converting. Perhaps someday you'll see my troops up here with yours!
post #795 of 1276 (permalink) Old 09-24-11, 02:30 AM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

Really awesome looking so far. I would suggest removing the shark fins, something about them just look off to me, but that is a matter of personnel opinion . I love the conversions you have done it him so far though, stunning work so far as normal.
post #796 of 1276 (permalink) Old 09-24-11, 04:38 AM

Scathainn's Flag is: Norway

Great looking work on Tyberos!

This may be my own personal opinion but I think a helm you should look at for Tyberos is the Chaos Havoc Head A (aka this one):

It's always been one of my favourite bits and I'm not really sure why but the combination of the tusks and the simple, brutally direct shape of the helm itself really makes me think it would work for him. Obviously GS work would be necessary to bling it up or add a crest but I think it would make a perfect base.

And what shoulder, & what art. Could twist the sinews of thy heart?
And when thy heart began to beat, What dread hand? & what dread feet?
What the hammer? what the chain? In what furnace was thy brain?
What the anvil? what dread grasp, Dare its deadly terrors clasp?
When the stars threw down their spears, And watered heaven with their tears,
Did he smile his work to see? Did he who made the Lamb make thee?
post #797 of 1276 (permalink) Old 10-01-11, 12:54 AM

This thread just continuously blows my mind xeno, insane skills.
post #798 of 1276 (permalink) Old 10-01-11, 01:16 AM

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHWWWWWWWWWWWWW i thought it was an update
post #799 of 1276 (permalink) Old 10-01-11, 04:55 AM

jaysen's Flag is: USA

How many different chapters are represented in this thread? You've got the red with white shoulderpad guys, the black and purple ones, and the black tanks?
post #800 of 1276 (permalink) Old 10-02-11, 08:16 PM

I think the black tanks are part of the Brethren of the Phoenix, cause they have giant Phoenixes on them. Just 2, the phoenix one and Void Sharks. (correct me if im wrong xeno)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode