Xenobiotic's continual madness (Updated 20160816) - Page 8 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 1276 (permalink) Old 08-17-10, 11:31 PM Thread Starter
Mentally hilarious

xenobiotic's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTP View Post
Thanks dude. I love your latest freehand. If i may suggest one thing that i think will make it look that little bit better?

Where you have done the "swirl" if you add a thin yellow/white line around the outside edge of it where its the smoothest i think it will really Pop. It will just finish it off i think.
I'll most likely add another layer to the swirl with a mixture of blazing orange/bleached bone and later on topped with bleached bone, I'm still mostly doodling it in to get a good feel for it before I add depth to it.

Critique is still welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by edd_thereaper View Post
I have an airbrush at my house at the moment, it is an absolute lifesaver, the smoothness of the coats is magical

awsome work so far, and have a good holiday
I'm thinking it would save me ages when I'm going back to painting infantry (if not with this army then at least with my daemons when I decide to finish them).

This update:
Spent some time with the repressor. Sorry if you had your hopes up for something else but I'm not at my "home base" so I make due with what I have around and the repressor is keeping me busy at the moment. I do have alot of infantry waiting around, and some more on different levels of conception (preparing for a campaing my group is in the process of starting up asap).

As soon as the semester starts again I'll have no more of these shoddy pictures and hopefully I'll be able to spread the love all over the army again

On topic again:
I added another bird design on the left side, decided not to do one at the rear. Did a marble (jasper) effect pattern along the roof extension and the turret. Hope you like it, input is welcome:

Time spent on this tank: 10 hours

Last edited by xenobiotic; 10-17-10 at 02:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 1276 (permalink) Old 08-18-10, 08:21 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobiotic View Post
Time spent on this tank: 10 hours
Is that all? Christ man, that is unbelievable. It looks good enough to have taken at least a couple of days worth of work.
post #73 of 1276 (permalink) Old 08-18-10, 08:46 PM

Deggers's Flag is: United Kingdom

only 10 hours.. wow its looks sick, well done..

post #74 of 1276 (permalink) Old 08-19-10, 11:52 AM
LTP

LTP's Flag is: England

Quote:
I'll most likely add another layer to the swirl with a mixture of blazing orange/bleached bone and later on topped with bleached bone, I'm still mostly doodling it in to get a good feel for it before I add depth to it.

Critique is still welcome
Looking good buddy, I like the extra definition now. I can Imagine that the tank would stand out on the gaming table.

Keep up the good work.

post #75 of 1276 (permalink) Old 08-20-10, 01:10 PM

grim reaper's Flag is: United Kingdom

Just read this from start to finish (slow day at work) and damn Thats some fine work, love the progretion through out, plus my max rep, and again amazing keep it up.

"May death come on swift wings for those that choose that path"
post #76 of 1276 (permalink) Old 08-21-10, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Mentally hilarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
Is that all? Christ man, that is unbelievable. It looks good enough to have taken at least a couple of days worth of work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deggers View Post
only 10 hours.. wow its looks sick, well done..
10 hours of painting, yes. The rebuilding of the tank after I got it from e-bay took me almost 5 days, however I had to wait for GS to cure and the paint to soften up for stripping - but still!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTP View Post
Looking good buddy, I like the extra definition now. I can Imagine that the tank would stand out on the gaming table.

Keep up the good work.
Hopefully you wont think I've ruined it now then :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim reaper View Post
Just read this from start to finish (slow day at work) and damn Thats some fine work, love the progretion through out, plus my max rep, and again amazing keep it up.
Thank you for the kind words!

Here comes another "boring" repressor update, spent 4 more hours on it today, starting to see the end of the tunnel aswell as getting aggrevated for accidently wearing the paint of as I work on it. Need to finialize the paintjob so I can spend my time on weathering the armor.

Let us see if you see any differences from last time:

Time spent painting: 14 hours

One thing that did come out very shoddy was the stormbolter on the turret, I might have to give just the bolter a soak in green goo. It had been pretty abused by its previous owner and my paintjob got all messy trying to get it white. Will have to think about it.

Left to do:
Front Icon
Bare metal areas
Highlight all the red parts
Wash on rivets and plates
Lenses and spotlights
Battledamage & Weathering

Last edited by xenobiotic; 10-17-10 at 02:58 PM.
post #77 of 1276 (permalink) Old 08-22-10, 02:12 AM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Tanks this pretty shouldn't be used for war :p

It looks absolutely stunning from the top down, can't wait to see it finished.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #78 of 1276 (permalink) Old 08-22-10, 07:50 PM

Pirate Metal Troy's Flag is: Canada

Dude, how the hell...It took me 9 hours to paint some dreadnought legs, and that's all simple highlighting. I am ashamed.

+rep

Thousand Sons: 5W - 2L - 0T
Emperor's Children: 7W - 1L - 1T
Necrons: 1W - 2L - 1T
Salamanders: 3W - 1L - 1T
post #79 of 1276 (permalink) Old 08-23-10, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Mentally hilarious

Default Repressor finished, another 55 pts to the total!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
Tanks this pretty shouldn't be used for war :p

It looks absolutely stunning from the top down, can't wait to see it finished.
Although these marines share your love for the arts they apparently do not share your thoughts on leaving them for display at the chapter armoury.

Also: Ask and you shall receive, the Repressor is "finished" after a total of 24 hours spent painting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Metal Troy View Post
Dude, how the hell...It took me 9 hours to paint some dreadnought legs, and that's all simple highlighting. I am ashamed.

+rep
I guess I have learned something from my dabbling with watercolours It goes faster the more freehand I do, which is a great reward to keep going as well!

----

Famous even amongst the Brethren of the Phoenix themselves this vehicle has since its induction into the chapter had a web of mystery over it. Initially a vehicle used by the Sisters of Battle this shrine and many others had to be abandoned during some of the most intense battles seen by the Sisterhood. The Birds of Paradise, nowadays the most elite of the Phoenix brethren, was then but a contingency of tactical and assault squads led by the chapters masterful tacticians, managed to reclaim the vehicles left behind, sadly many brethren had to give their lives for this to be accomplished. The Sisterhood while thankful in the more official manner fitted for the Inquisition also made sure these sacrifices did not go completely without reward. Given to the Master Forger of the Birds of Paradise company was this repressor, for the chapter to utilise as they see fit. Marked twice with the blessing of the Emperors aquila as well as the blessing of the Sanguinary Priests it was to become a beacon of light to all of the Brethren of the Phoenix. Since then it has been known to be a bringer of hope and an omen of victory wherever it travels. Because of this it has earned its name: The Auspice.

----

The Birds on the side of this vehicle can be interpreted as Phoenixes or perhaps the Huma bird of Persian origin. They can represent the rebirth after ones life has come to its end. But also the bringer of an everlasting source of light, which is the key element in the battle against darkness within the human mind and the the flickering of the true belief (in the Emperor and the sacrifice that Sanguinus did).

The weathering is made from a drybrush base of Khemri Brown mixed with Devlan Mud wash drybrushed along the lower edges of the vehicle, The splatter was made from a mix of Grey Ash weathering powder from Forge World mixed with Water and Devlan Mud wash and splattered across the vehicle. A number of other techniques from the Imperial Armour: Masterclass Volume One was used as well.

I like the light colour of the weathering, think it suits well with the deeper red I have going. I also envision these guys doing alot of "desert" fighting in their sector, often stumbling upon ash planets of different types where mud and sand would have a lighter hue.

C&C welcome as always.

Last edited by xenobiotic; 10-17-10 at 02:59 PM.
post #80 of 1276 (permalink) Old 08-24-10, 12:14 AM
LTP

LTP's Flag is: England

:O I LOVE it! It looks awesome!.

Well done. I will have to give you rep if i can :D.

Cant wait to see what else your gonna paint .

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode