Xenobiotic's continual madness (Updated 20160816) - Page 78 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #771 of 1276 (permalink) Old 09-12-11, 10:53 AM

Winterous's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by hocky View Post
Yeah the claw powerfist is a great idea and will just make him stand out from the rest beautifully.
It's actually representing a Lightning Claw.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #772 of 1276 (permalink) Old 09-12-11, 11:07 AM

hocky's Flag is: United Kingdom

I know. It would also still make a really cool clawed powerfist though!

The quickest way to a traitors heart is through his ribcage - Commissariat Mantra

Check out my IG Project Log here (The Emperor's Feth 2)

Check out Jangalak's IG Project Log here(The Emperor's Feth)
post #773 of 1276 (permalink) Old 09-12-11, 12:52 PM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

AHH I HATE THE SCHOOL COMPUTERS theyre not showing your pics

post #774 of 1276 (permalink) Old 09-12-11, 02:31 PM
Angel Sanguine

Tossidin's Flag is: Norway

That is going to look awesome, fuck yeah! ;)

Carry The Emperors Will as your torch!
post #775 of 1276 (permalink) Old 09-15-11, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Mentally hilarious

xenobiotic's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa nurgle View Post
Holy sun of a................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................................. Sorry, just passed out there from OVEREXPOSURE TO PURE AWESOMENESS!

My god man, you are magnificent!
This forum user needs immediate medical attention! Give him the awesomeness antidote, stat! Thanks for the comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticor View Post
you're scaring me. and making me feel awful about my own work ... You're doing great thou, keep up the amazing work! love the ideas for the lightning claws.
I only wish to inspire rather then scare people away from trying. I've been learning all these processes slowly over the year now and there are still many hobbyists which best me in many ways. It's all about the learning process and the courage to try things out. Sometimes you fail miserably - hopefully you didn't fail on a kit that costed you 40+£...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosftw View Post
Very cool stuff! Really like the claw power fist too! I think it will add a little bit of extra flavour and a crap load of extra winning to that model!
Thanks! Now I just have to turn theory into reality, which proved to be a lot harder then I had first assumed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hocky View Post
Yeah the claw powerfist is a great idea and will just make him stand out from the rest beautifully.
Not just "him" all of the terminators will have those lightning claws, the captain will have Tyberos the Red Wake's claws though - to differentiate him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMOB View Post
AHH I HATE THE SCHOOL COMPUTERS theyre not showing your pics
Well then, don't hang around on the forums in school then ;) You need to study to become a superb mastermind of the.. Something... Something..(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tossidin View Post
That is going to look awesome, fuck yeah! ;)
They are going to be - for lack of better words - whoooopaaas!

----

So... I got my Forge World package, which was a nice surprise but sadly many of the miniatures where faulty so I had to e-mail them about replacements. I haven't gotten an answer yet - probably due to the fact that they are most likely swarmed by calls and e-mails before GD next Sunday - which is kind of sad for me since I kind of rely on their reply before I move along with some of my projects. So right now I'm unable to paint for that reason (I know it's as odd as it sounds) meaning I have to move my many modelling projects along to try and finish something for the painting challenge (and to paint I need to have something other than a 5-man squad built) meaning I set out on a scavenge for a suitable project!

As many of you know my Void Sharks will start their existence as a units in my Blood Angels army (Brethren of the Phoenix) i.e. using quartered blue/black marines as some of the choices in my Blood Angels list (Tacticals, Terminators, Land Speeders and so on). So I'm trying to make everything fit in the BA codex at the moment while building units for the Painting Challenge as well. Later on my Void Sharks might be used as an army for themselves but at the moment they will only be "allies" to my Brethren to fill out unit choices that the Brethren might not have or utilize.

All in all I need a captain for them that can later on assume the roll of the special character "Tyberos the Red Wake". But for now he'll have to be satisfied with being one of the worst codex choices in the BA codex - a Captain with Terminator armour and Lightning Claws. With this in mind I set out on my hunt for suitable pieces to modify (I think I'm starting to get a hang of this shit!) - first obstacle to combat? Legs. Solution? Cut a miniature I payed 20£ for in half with a saw.

Result?

This is obviously early posing stages, I will have to make a waist (hope you didn't think I was going to let it be made out of Blue-tac, lol) and custom details (I will of course need to get some skulls in there - after all Warhammer 40k is all about skulls, heh) to make the torso a little bit more alive but also to make the helmet look unique, or at least special (seeing as how he has the same helmets as about 3 of the terminators will have later on). I do however believe that it will be a good conversion once finished.

Talking about terminators and conversions I've solved the head issue for now (and have enough heads to spare for all my future Void Sharks and even some of my eventual future Brethren veterans) but I'm still in a drawing stage with the lightning claw conversions. I need to await the reply from Forge World mostly since if they'll send a replacement for my madly misshapen Lugft Huron I might get another claw to play with "for free" which would help a lot if I made a mistake (... Which I hope I won't).

And while on the subject of Void Sharks I decided to order another weapon for my Contemptor. At first I was reluctant about the look of the Kheres Assault Cannon (I think some of the other weapons look cooler) but it's very good rulewise (even if I will have to buy the Heavy Conversion Beamer at some point just for looks!). Suffice to say I was happily surprised when I saw the gun mounted on the miniature. It's a truly wicked piece of weaponry that will - no doubt - look awesome when painted (I'm thinking about doing a superheated barrel effect... Could be a good challenge for me!).

I also rummaged ebay (as I sometimes do) and manage to get myself a Land Speeder Tempest (will use it as a Land Speeder Typhoon mostly) for my Void Sharks for a bargain. Sadly it was somewhat damaged at the back end (I have no idea what the previous owner was thinking... Some people really shouldn't buy FW kits) so I'm in the process of repairing it right now - it will probably be very time consuming and it might not have been worth the saving in the end but now I have it and I have to make the best of it...

Hopefully I'll have made some progress at the end of the weekend and I might even have something painted to show you by then!

Last edited by xenobiotic; 09-15-11 at 09:15 PM.
post #776 of 1276 (permalink) Old 09-15-11, 09:14 PM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobiotic View Post
Not just "him" all of the terminators will have those lightning claws, the captain will have Tyberos the Red Wake's claws though - to differentiate him.
O_o!!!! My wallet feels your wallet's pain from thousands of miles away....

Lots of really nice projects shaping up here buddy! The Contemptor is really looking fantastic. I am trying to restrain myself from getting one at the moment, hoping the chapter variant ones come to being soon. Between you and me (and the 30,000 other people on this forum ) I don't know how long I am going to be able to hold out.

Sorry to hear about your FW product issues, hopefully they will take care of you soon!

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
post #777 of 1276 (permalink) Old 09-16-11, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by xenobiotic
I only wish to inspire rather then scare people away from trying. I've been learning all these processes slowly over the year now and there are still many hobbyists which best me in many ways. It's all about the learning process and the courage to try things out. Sometimes you fail miserably - hopefully you didn't fail on a kit that costed you 40+£...
woahwoahwoahwoahwoahWOAH. past year? ive been painting for three and im nowhere near you
On another note, loving the way the dreadnought is coming out. i wanna see those LC termies too, hope FW responds soon.
post #778 of 1276 (permalink) Old 09-16-11, 03:16 AM

Scathainn's Flag is: Norway

The Contemptor looks much better with the Assault Cannon, methinks

Also I'm hoping that's just a temporary head for Tyberos...it doesn't seem epic/brutal enough as it stands.

And what shoulder, & what art. Could twist the sinews of thy heart?
And when thy heart began to beat, What dread hand? & what dread feet?
What the hammer? what the chain? In what furnace was thy brain?
What the anvil? what dread grasp, Dare its deadly terrors clasp?
When the stars threw down their spears, And watered heaven with their tears,
Did he smile his work to see? Did he who made the Lamb make thee?
post #779 of 1276 (permalink) Old 09-16-11, 08:26 AM

Disciple_of_Ezekiel's Flag is: USA

Sorry to hear about your misfortune with Ebay, seems to be a hit and miss with me. Sometimes you get some great stuff, others times things are all jack up.

Well, I think that that termi squad will be freaking awesome with all those special (lightning claws). You cant just buy the parts you need from FW can you, you have to get the whole model right?

As for the hot metal glow effect on the assualt cannon...SWEET! Ive wanted to try something like that for a while, but your a little better then I am so you can have first crack...lol.... If you have access to the Citadel: How to paint tanks (I have it because Im a pussy when it comes to painting vehicles) page. 64 has a great heat effect, if ur looking for ideas or what not.

Anyways, your stuff is looking cool as always dude.

"To retreat is defeat. Advance! Advance! In our Death lies Victory."
Captain Denos, 19th Company,468th regiment of the
Death Korps of Krieg

The K.R.I.E.G. Project (My Death Korps of Krieg Plog)

post #780 of 1276 (permalink) Old 09-17-11, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
Mentally hilarious

xenobiotic's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge913 View Post
O_o!!!! My wallet feels your wallet's pain from thousands of miles away....

Lots of really nice projects shaping up here buddy! The Contemptor is really looking fantastic. I am trying to restrain myself from getting one at the moment, hoping the chapter variant ones come to being soon. Between you and me (and the 30,000 other people on this forum ) I don't know how long I am going to be able to hold out.

Sorry to hear about your FW product issues, hopefully they will take care of you soon!
I'm going to try some wallet friendly alternatives to lower the cost, will be interesting to see if the idea pans out...

If I where you I'd try to stall till they start putting out those chapter specific variants cause if they are up to the other FW dreadnoughts in detail standard they are sure to be even more awesome than the plain one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticor View Post
woahwoahwoahwoahwoahWOAH. past year? ive been painting for three and im nowhere near you
On another note, loving the way the dreadnought is coming out. i wanna see those LC termies too, hope FW responds soon.
Most of my progression in the hobby has been made since I started this project log. Before that I had only dabbled in painting miniatures and was more into drawing and painting on canvas which is a very different subject and medium to work with. All in all it's been roughly 1½ years now since I began this journey and it's been a steady learning curve ever since (and I've been spending WAY to much time on each individual marine...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scathainn View Post
The Contemptor looks much better with the Assault Cannon, methinks

Also I'm hoping that's just a temporary head for Tyberos...it doesn't seem epic/brutal enough as it stands.
Helmets seldom are, except the khorne berserker ones from FW... [shoo crazy thoughts, shoo!!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple_of_Ezekiel View Post
Sorry to hear about your misfortune with Ebay, seems to be a hit and miss with me. Sometimes you get some great stuff, others times things are all jack up.

Well, I think that that termi squad will be freaking awesome with all those special (lightning claws). You cant just buy the parts you need from FW can you, you have to get the whole model right?

As for the hot metal glow effect on the assualt cannon...SWEET! Ive wanted to try something like that for a while, but your a little better then I am so you can have first crack...lol.... If you have access to the Citadel: How to paint tanks (I have it because Im a pussy when it comes to painting vehicles) page. 64 has a great heat effect, if ur looking for ideas or what not.

Anyways, your stuff is looking cool as always dude.
Yah, you have to get the entire miniature unless you buy the parts from Ebay/Bitsellers. The thing with bit sellers is that you can get pretty shoddy casts and you have no way of getting a replacement which sucks. But I have a plan anyway.

I'll be sure to check out the Citadel guide, I have them in my bookcase for inspiration along with Imperial Armour Masterclass Vol 1 (eagerly awaiting Vol 2 )!

----

Quote:
[...] As dawn had once again come the darkness fled into the shadows an uneasy rest for a handful of hours had come to an end. We had survived the night without retaliation, our nightly raids had been a success in deteriorating the enemy.

There was no sign of the Assault force that reconnaissance had warned us about. In fact there had been no reported activity at all in the region. Clearly our efforts to keep the enemy away had succeeded, and here we thought the stories about the Astartes where true. The Burning wrath of the Emperor? Hah, what a joke! They didn't even try a counter-attack [...]

----

Weathering has commenced. More to come soon.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode