Xenobiotic's continual madness (Updated 20160816) - Page 70 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #691 of 1276 (permalink) Old 08-09-11, 02:15 PM

Kingfield's Flag is: USA

ok well looking at the update id have to say the mystery bases are going to involve those vanguard vets that you had some trouble with but i still cant figure out the large base, it could be a dreadnought seeing as how comparison from your pictures to the models on my desk isnt much different but even if i dont get it right i still cant wait to see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #692 of 1276 (permalink) Old 08-09-11, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Mentally hilarious

xenobiotic's Flag is: Sweden

For those whom have guessed, you can see how close you where below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
your stuff is awesome Xeno. Kinda shocked that you dont have any Libby Dreads, any potential for one of these?

*tries to think of a way to kidnap Xeno and have him paint my models
Not any Librarian Dreadnoughts in this army, none planned either. I don't like the miniature for it (so I'd have to "come up with something" if I was to use it).

Seeing as I like to do my own projects you might be disappointed if you kidnapped me... Just saying.

----

EVEN IN DEATH, I SERVE!

Took me ages to put him together. Got no painting done tonight because of him. There are just so many moveable pieces it's overwhelming. And even though I don't think this was the coolest pose ever created I was soon finding myself moving on since I was fiddling for almost an hour with almost no progress initially. Arms are magnetized for weapon swapping (for future releases).

Another thing I noticed is how hard it is to take good pictures of the Contemptor, The legs look odd in almost every angle in pictures but they look very nice IRL.

More construction pictures to come as I have the smaller bases to fill also...

----

Till next time

Last edited by xenobiotic; 08-09-11 at 11:31 PM.
post #693 of 1276 (permalink) Old 08-09-11, 11:33 PM

Winterous's Flag is: Australia

A fantastic model, I think you've done a good job posing him; he looks more like a Marine, standing like that, than the traditional clunky Dreadnought.

post #694 of 1276 (permalink) Old 08-09-11, 11:34 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Really looking forward to seeing this painted up, xeno. Should make a fabulous center piece.

As an aside, I've been thinking of buying the contemptor arms to fit to a normal venerable dread, as I think they'd look cool being so big, but I don't know if the arms would fit on to the shoulders of this dread. Can you tell me if they would fit? Thanks in advance.
post #695 of 1276 (permalink) Old 08-10-11, 02:20 AM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Sweet! I absolutely love the contemptor dread and I look forward to seeing what you do with it buddy.

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
post #696 of 1276 (permalink) Old 08-10-11, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Mentally hilarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterous View Post
A fantastic model, I think you've done a good job posing him; he looks more like a Marine, standing like that, than the traditional clunky Dreadnought.
That would be the correct analysis. The kit is more like a very big marine than a dreadnought when you think about it. Hard to work with but lovely when finally put together. I like working with resin and the last batch of stuff I ordered from FW where very high quality casts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
Really looking forward to seeing this painted up, xeno. Should make a fabulous center piece.

As an aside, I've been thinking of buying the contemptor arms to fit to a normal venerable dread, as I think they'd look cool being so big, but I don't know if the arms would fit on to the shoulders of this dread. Can you tell me if they would fit? Thanks in advance.
The arms come without the proper shoulder mount (that piece is included in the contemptor body kit). Other than that I assume it would be fairly easy to get a fit as long as you had something else to mount the arm on (spare dreadnought parts) or possibly if you bought a complete contemptor set just to steal the shoulders as well (which would be quite a waste though) which would need some modification anyway seeing as how the connection between body and shoulder on the contemptor is a ball joint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge913 View Post
Sweet! I absolutely love the contemptor dread and I look forward to seeing what you do with it buddy.
Will quartered blue and black with star patterns suit the gentleman? Admit it, you're mouth is watering already!

----

Baby-step updates continue! More blue has been added to the librarian. Time to do the blue on the backpack and then move on to details on the body:

Slowly building the Void Sharks to accompany the Contemptor dread. Not much to show other than hacked miniatures and weaponry. Hopefully I'll have more to show tomorrow, and probably another rant about Finecast as well since the package has arrived at the post office...

Till then
post #697 of 1276 (permalink) Old 08-10-11, 11:48 PM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobiotic View Post

Will quartered blue and black with star patterns suit the gentleman? Admit it, you're mouth is watering already!
You're right, it is.

Libby is looking good man! I am absolutely enamored by the contrast your blue method produces.

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
post #698 of 1276 (permalink) Old 08-11-11, 05:23 AM

Kingfield's Flag is: USA

haha dreadnought guess was right! looks great, i plan on buying a contemptor as soon as i have the funds, and the librarian looks amazing even in this stage so i cant wait for the finished result.

stay creative its what makes your skills so interesting
post #699 of 1276 (permalink) Old 08-11-11, 06:15 AM

troybuckle's Flag is: Canada

Dude that dread is sick + rep.
post #700 of 1276 (permalink) Old 08-12-11, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Mentally hilarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge913 View Post
You're right, it is.

Libby is looking good man! I am absolutely enamored by the contrast your blue method produces.
Oddly enough it was just a lucky guess. I've found out that the Thraka Green wash is crucial for the final effect (Necron Abyss is just to purple otherwise as can be seen in some of the pictures below). Sometimes you're lucky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfield View Post
haha dreadnought guess was right! looks great, i plan on buying a contemptor as soon as i have the funds, and the librarian looks amazing even in this stage so i cant wait for the finished result.

stay creative its what makes your skills so interesting
The contemptor kit is one of the best kits from forgeworld I've bought. I'm actually happy I haven't bought any of the other dreadnoughts from them now (seeing as how I'd probably wouldn't have painted them yet anyway and they'd just be gathering dust).

Creativity is my middle name I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troybuckle View Post
Dude that dread is sick + rep.
Thanks, troybuckle!

----

Just couldn't keep the paint off the Contemptor. Librarian has been on hold for a while now. I guess I'm eager to get an idea of how my new colour scheme will work out for the Void Sharks. I'm not 100% convinced yet, but then again the miniature is far from completed so a lot of things can happen!

I also realize that this contemptor is pretty plain (straight build from the kit). Maybe I should have put some conversions on it. Then again if I know myself correctly I'll probably by at least 2 more for the army (to fill the Elite slots with these cool beasts of machines).

----

Till next time

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode