Xenobiotic's continual madness (Updated 20160816) - Page 48 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #471 of 1276 (permalink) Old 03-16-11, 06:35 PM
Icarus Miniatures

imm0rtal reaper's Flag is: Wales

Excellent work so far sir. I'll defiantly be referring to this tutorial next time I need to do a librarian.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #472 of 1276 (permalink) Old 03-16-11, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Mentally hilarious

xenobiotic's Flag is: Sweden

Teaser update!

----

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooker View Post
I have to say, even though you weren't planning to do this model right now, I'm glad you are. I had been wanting to see this one painted when I saw the model you had come up with.
That was kind of the problem, once I had finished it I couldn't resist painting it! I need to come up with something similar for all my miniatures so I get them done any time soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge913 View Post
Good looking stuff as always Xeno, and great tutorial!
Glad you liked it, I tried to make it as clear as possible, I'm always surprised by how hard it is to take good tutorial pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
I've been watching this log for a while and hot dam I'm floored every time you make an update. Your ability with a brush is staggering - better than many Golden Deamons. It was primarily because of you and IlikeBMX's over on Warseer that got back into painting SM's again.

Again amazing, I can't say it enough.
IlikeBMXbikes on Warseer is epic! I'm always astound by the amount of miniatures he can't paint in such a short time to such a high standard. And he just keeps on doing it, like he never gets tired!

I'm glad I could push you into painting again, always nice to inspire others!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcrawford View Post
Wow man. Nice work, you've actually taken time to write your armies progress. Thats a lot of work. I think you may have just motivated me to get to my painting. lol.
I'm pretty sure that had I not started this log I would either have:
1. Painted a lot of miniatures to a subpar standard
2. Stopped painting a long time ago
All in all I owe much of what I've learned to the community on heresy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imm0rtal reaper View Post
Excellent work so far sir. I'll defiantly be referring to this tutorial next time I need to do a librarian.
Glad you like it, hopefully you can make good use of the tutorial when you need it

----

Quote:
Demonic voices and whispers try to overwhelm my mind as birds warble in the distance. The daemons are trying to lure me into their web. But I can hear the phoenixes, calling my spirit, they ask me to walk amongst them. I touch their feathers and they envelop me in their wings, the purest of flames burning away the darkness of the warp, keeping the daemons at bay. For now...

----

More to come soon™

Last edited by xenobiotic; 03-17-11 at 01:42 AM.
post #473 of 1276 (permalink) Old 03-17-11, 02:05 AM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Definitely an intriguing teaser mate! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here

post #474 of 1276 (permalink) Old 03-17-11, 04:01 AM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

i hate teasers... it looks really good though, nice work
is he on heresy?

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #475 of 1276 (permalink) Old 03-17-11, 09:52 AM

Al3X's Flag is: Spain

amazing! I think I will use this blue scheme for mi new termies, great tutorial

looking forward to see more work of yours

A captain leads from the front. Thanks to his example,
his men will know what it means to belong to the Adeptus Astartes,
and from his teachings will learn the craft of battle in the name of the Emperor.

Alexander's ULTRAMARINES
post #476 of 1276 (permalink) Old 03-17-11, 09:55 PM
Siskin's Flag is: Poland

Great job there the libby is coming up nicely. I have read today new GK codex you should probably consider making another libby for your army I just love my farseer even more now :D

I want to add that your work inspired me enough to take a step back to my SM army and re-paint them I will be posting some test models shots soon.
Keep it up

Siskin
post #477 of 1276 (permalink) Old 03-17-11, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Mentally hilarious

xenobiotic's Flag is: Sweden

Default Painting Update: Brethren of the Phoenix - Librarian Flavius Completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge913 View Post
Definitely an intriguing teaser mate! I can't wait to see the finished product!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMOB View Post
i hate teasers... it looks really good though, nice work
is he on heresy?
You shall not have to wait any longer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3X View Post
amazing! I think I will use this blue scheme for mi new termies, great tutorial

looking forward to see more work of yours
Glad I could help out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siskin View Post
Great job there the libby is coming up nicely. I have read today new GK codex you should probably consider making another libby for your army I just love my farseer even more now :D

I want to add that your work inspired me enough to take a step back to my SM army and re-paint them I will be posting some test models shots soon.
Keep it up

Siskin
Then again GKs are geard towards killing Psykers as well, damned if you do damned if you don't I guess.

Apparently I'm steering a lot of people towards SMs which really wasn't my intent, I just like to inspire people to have fun painting any army - not just marines :D

----

The choir started their hymn. Voices joined together to form a unison. Joined by the song of my brethren I descended deeper into a meditative trance, searching for the beacon they had told us to look for, a signal of hope that would be lit when the time had come. This is a ritual we do every passing, and we shall continue in such a manner until we can be rejoined with those whom we lost.

Demonic voices and whispers try to overwhelm my mind as birds warble in the distance. The daemons are trying to lure me into their web, dilute my strength and connection to my body. But I can hear the phoenixes, my kindred, calling my spirit, they ask me to walk amongst them and we can search together. I touch their feathers and they envelop me in their wings, the purest of flames burning away the darkness of the warp, keeping the daemons at bay. For now. Without the phoenixes the search would truly have been in vain, for what hides in this realm would surely consume the strongest of us, mere mortals. As my spiritual form slowly walks in this erratic existence of nothing and all I try to hone in on subtle differences in the voices around me. Sometimes I think I hear a women whispering amongst the daemons. Her voice is profoundly human and the few words I hear are not promises of ecstasy beyond belief such as those that comes from the others...

'I have been told that we where driven from our home. The different nomadic tribes of the planet of origin had grown into a totally different society compared to the olden times. The darkness of technological advances destroyed much of what we had but at the same time saved us from each other and from those whom came from above to bring us harm, to take our people away. We where forced to leave, to flee. As the planet shrunk in size before my eyes and the fires of phoenixes ravaged the planet I knew I was leaving something important behind, somehow this was not an end but rather a beginning of something much more important...'

I can't help feel there's a connection to someone out there, someone important, if the birds could speak I think they would tell me whom I'm looking for. The prophecies held by the Exemplars are cryptic at best and they speak about this beacon. Therefore we continue to search. I can only hope my mind will hold up long enough for me not to, at best, crumble into dust or, worse, fall deep into the maw of madness.

Epistolary Librarian Flavius, of the Claw, Mystic and Shaman of the Brethren of the Phoenix, member of the sect of the Fallen Star:

Pieces of notice:
  • the Claw symbol on the right hand shin armour.
  • the 4 on the left hand shin armour.
  • the star symbol next to the chapter symbol on the left shoulder-pad.
  • the "water" effect on the Force Weapon / Power weapon.
  • the engine glow (after a long debate back and forth I believe I have settled for yellow for this army).
  • Pink psychic powers - because that's the real and only way to say "BURN HERETIC!! BURN!!" with style
  • the reinforced chain wrapped handle on the Force weapon - reinforced for extra blocking ability and weight adjustment while flying.

----

Fun facts:
  • 43 colours where used in the making of this miniature (I'm not joking - I counted the pots), some of them where mixed in order to create more tones and hints and glazes.
  • The Forgeworld jump pack gave me a lot of headache when it started to show flaws in the resin as I painted (damn those near invisible mould lines )
  • This is the first miniatures I've used gold on in a large amount since the last time I painted warhammer a couple of years ago - it turned out a lot better this time around.
  • This is the first time ever I tried glow effects - be gentle with me.
  • This is the first single infantry miniature that I've probably spent over 20 hours making (construction --> painting).
  • This is the first miniature for this army equipped with a jump pack that I've finished.

C&C welcomed as always!

----

Till next time!

Last edited by xenobiotic; 03-18-11 at 07:31 PM.
post #478 of 1276 (permalink) Old 03-17-11, 11:38 PM
Unhinged Hobo

GrimzagGorwazza's Flag is: England

Looking amazing dude, i really like the force weapon and hint of glow around the helmet plug.

i'll + rep you if i can.

post #479 of 1276 (permalink) Old 03-18-11, 12:05 AM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

A bit of OLS on the forceweapon maybe. He looks awesome. I love the outreached hand and the glow on it.
post #480 of 1276 (permalink) Old 03-18-11, 12:21 AM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Fantastic buddy! Truly fantastic! I am with djinn, the outstretched hand with the glow is awesome.

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode