"[...] to boldly go where no man has gone before!
" - An obvious lie in this case since many people have made their version of Sternguard Veterans
. However that didn't put my spirit down so I thought I'd do my take on them (mostly since I have a huge bit-box with space marine parts at hand).
This also gives me a unit with alot of character and flavour. So I decided to write up some fluff and name each individual squad member. More on that later on as I paint them. For now you'll have to do with a squad pic of unpainted marines (with every named marine present yet 2 are missing
- "12 marines in a squad?" You might be thinking, you'll get where I'm going with this soon enough).
Keen eyed readers can look for parts from the following boxes in the pictures:
- Space Marine Commander Box
- Space Marine Tactical Squad Box
- Space Marine Assault Terminators Box
- Space Marine Devastator Squad Box
- Space Marine Command Squad Box
- Space Marine Techmarine with Servitors Box
- Space Marine Rhino Box
- Forge World Red Scorpions Shoulder Pad Bag
- Dark Angels Veterans Box
- Blood Angels Death Company Box
- Blood Angels Sanguinary Guard Box
- Chaos Space Marines Box
- Necron Warriors Box
I've also been working on a replacement for the previous HQ-choice I made (not to keen on how that librarian turned out) and having looked through the Codex yet again I came up with some ideas.
I decided to make the perfect leader for a squad of sternguards (the one just above) and get a pretty well balanced (compared to the other BA characters) HQ-choice. I present my version of Tycho, soon to come with own fluff for my successor chapter (more on that later). I wont bore you with how many kits his plastic pieces came from
Brother-Captain Vespillo (Counts as Captain Tycho):
Brother-Codicier Faustus, the Lucky: