Xenobiotic's continual madness (Updated 20160816) - Page 28 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #271 of 1276 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 12:45 PM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 1276 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 12:50 PM

Sgt Pasanius's Flag is: United Kingdom

Again you astound me with your originality.
That tech adept is looking sweet, although im not sure about the yellow on the servo arm, but that is just personal taste.
Your Baal Pred reminds me that i need to put the two i have together.
As always i wait with baited breath till your next post and the finished article.

USPIAM ET PASSIM
"Everywhere unbounded"
post #273 of 1276 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 02:29 PM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Looking good! The green is a nice addition!

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here

post #274 of 1276 (permalink) Old 01-05-11, 07:20 PM

Scathainn's Flag is: Norway

Excellent work as usual.

Although I will be the first to admit I'm hoping your IA10 copy gets there quick-like.

Enough of these pansy bird warriors, on with the manly Space Sharks!

And what shoulder, & what art. Could twist the sinews of thy heart?
And when thy heart began to beat, What dread hand? & what dread feet?
What the hammer? what the chain? In what furnace was thy brain?
What the anvil? what dread grasp, Dare its deadly terrors clasp?
When the stars threw down their spears, And watered heaven with their tears,
Did he smile his work to see? Did he who made the Lamb make thee?
post #275 of 1276 (permalink) Old 01-06-11, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Mentally hilarious

xenobiotic's Flag is: Sweden

Default Flamen Minoris, Haeteor, of the Emblazoned Feathers

Things are moving fast these days!

----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane_of_Kings View Post
hey, nice work .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Pasanius View Post
Again you astound me with your originality.
That tech adept is looking sweet, although im not sure about the yellow on the servo arm, but that is just personal taste.
Your Baal Pred reminds me that i need to put the two i have together.
As always i wait with baited breath till your next post and the finished article.
Hopefully this post will live up to your expectations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge913 View Post
Looking good! The green is a nice addition!
Thanks, I also think so. It's the chosen colour for the 4th company and it's nice to get it in on some more soldiers to get that message across. Red – green – purple works well in tandem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scathainn View Post
Excellent work as usual.
Although I will be the first to admit I'm hoping your IA10 copy gets there quick-like.
Enough of these pansy bird warriors, on with the manly Space Sharks!
Thanks

I sense your mind is clouded by love for grey toothy sharky men. You shall have your fix soon enough. Personally I'm all itchy, I'd like the book in my hands now and I'd also like to see the character releases they promised for the book (Space Shark terminator character <3) going to have to put in another FW order very soon after their release. I'd also love it if they made a CC weapon kit so I can change my units up a bit (I'd love some different chainswords and what not) but that might just be wishlisting...

----

Quote:
I've heard them say that some Astarte have steel running through their veins. Apparently this would explain an affinity for machinery and creation. As if such attributes where to be simple given bodily functions one could command as if lifting an arm or blinking your eye. But we know, the Brothers of the Emblazoned Feather know. What has been given to us is a blessing, but not one of genetics or mystical power over machines but rather an affinity for beauty and passion which leads us to dwelve deeper into the crypts of technology where we find the knowledge needed to craft the very machines and tools of war that lends us, as a chapter, the power to dominate our enemies. With this love we bind ourselves to each and every creation and they respect us for it. We share spirit and if we die they grieve for us until we are reborn, and should they perish we rebuild them in order to let them serve once again.
- Flamen Minoris, Haeteor, of the Emblazoned Feather.

The Machine cult of the Blood Angels have a tense relationship with the Adeptus Mechanicus because of their reluctance to surrender the Baal Predator to them. This tense relation have been passed on to all of their Successors meaning they have to rely on other supply routes for a continuance of machines and equipments. Most of them therefore have a highly capable and self-sufficient Techmarine staff. The Brethren of the Phoenix share this trait, and their subdivision of techmarines call themselves the Emblazoned Feather. Within this organisation is a hierarchic cult containing of a few supreme leaders, called Flamen Majoris of the Emblazoned Feather, which rule and oversee a large number of skilled artisans and craftsmen, called Flamen Minoris of the Emblazoned Feather. These Flamen Minoris serve as advisers to commanders in battle and are always present in campaigns in order to maintain a respectable level of functionality in armoury and weaponry.

Flamen Minoris, Haeteor, of the Emblazoned Feathers

Shown here with standard servo-arm equipment. Along his belt you can see extra shells for his rogue trader bolt pistol (it is common that Flamen Minoris carry particulary ancient and revered equipment into battle since they are one of the few able to maintain them), these particular rounds are colour coded yellow. This tells us that they are in fact signal rounds containing a mixture of reactive elements which produce illumination used either as a visual aid during combat or to signal for reserves or artillery to home in on, though most often they are used only as a reserve or backup option to more conventional methods of signalling. Amongst the Brethren it is always the Flamen that are responsible to carry such extra equipment - yet all marines are trained to use them correctly should the Flamen fall casualty.

Other equipment worth noticing would be the melta fuel canister, not to be mistaken by a meltabomb since it's lacking a trigger mechanism (even if it's possible to improvise such a device should the need arise). Emblazoned have an tendency to carry a lot of extra equipment into battle, Haeteor has in this case brought along extra fuel for the squads meltagunners. Fuel like this can also be used to inject into their Razerbacks system for added bursts of speed, should it be necessary.

Note the Cogwheel pattern, which is the symbol of the Emblazoned Feather, alongside the company number 4, which every brother of the Emblazoned Feather have to indicate their duality in duties. These cogwheel patterns are repeated on his armour (hard to see in these pictures) along with other minor artwork painted on by the marines themselves to indicate seniority and experience.

----

Here's the current status of the Honour Guard Squad:

----

Now that Haeteor is done I can move on to the Painting Challenge Baal Predator so hopefully you'll be seeing some painting in progress pictures of that soon along with another honour guard marine perhaps. Other then that I have my perpetual box of started conversions and projects to gnaw on.

C&C are welcomed as always!

Till next time

Last edited by xenobiotic; 04-17-11 at 05:34 PM.
post #276 of 1276 (permalink) Old 01-06-11, 04:26 PM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Love the way that he turned out! The rogue trader bolt pistol adds a lot of character to the model and I love the fluff that you have come up with.

That honor guard is really starting to shape up and I can't wait to see the whole thing painted! As always excellent work Xeno. +rep

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
post #277 of 1276 (permalink) Old 01-06-11, 04:36 PM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

Really nice model and some really well written fluff to go with it.
post #278 of 1276 (permalink) Old 01-06-11, 04:56 PM
Unhinged Hobo

GrimzagGorwazza's Flag is: England

The techmarine is looking awesome Xeno. I'm a big fan of the Rt pistol though by now you guys are probabley well aware that i love anything that sucessfully combines old and new models. I'll rep you if it lets me.

post #279 of 1276 (permalink) Old 01-07-11, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Mentally hilarious

xenobiotic's Flag is: Sweden

Hello, again!

----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge913 View Post
Love the way that he turned out! The rogue trader bolt pistol adds a lot of character to the model and I love the fluff that you have come up with.

That honor guard is really starting to shape up and I can't wait to see the whole thing painted! As always excellent work Xeno. +rep
Thanks a lot, Midge, always nice to read your input and comments. Now that the squad is starting to shape up I think I'm more keen on painting up the rest (but I am easily distracted so we'll see).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamodai View Post
Really nice model and some really well written fluff to go with it.
Thank you, I'm glad you enjoy the fluff. I think I'm starting to like it more and more as I type it out. I might have to go back to the stuff I've already written later on though - I might write myself into corners otherwise :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimzagGorwazza View Post
The techmarine is looking awesome Xeno. I'm a big fan of the Rt pistol though by now you guys are probabley well aware that i love anything that successfully combines old and new models. I'll rep you if it lets me.
Oh, we do know! FW has really given us Space Marine players a lot to play with now that they released all those kits of old armours and weapons. I've got more of them on the way now so there will be more old-school weapons as I progress with the army, so there will be something for you to see later on ;)

----

Why update now?
Sadly, for some of you, this update contains pictures of unpainted WIP converted miniatures. I'm reading, translating and analyzing a pretty boring disputation for school (121 A4 papers about leadership and feedback) which means my imagination is running free with things I want to do as I'm doing the things "I have to do".

So what have I been thinking about?
I've read the rumours about IA10 and there where discussions about the origin of the Space Sharks. Apparently there where a hint about them possibly being descendants of the Raven Guard Weregelds. If you haven't heard about them before the short version is: They where altered space marines brought into existence by genetic experiments preformed by Corax himself. However they proved to be unstable and far to mutated and story has it that Corax destroyed them himself personally (or did he?).

Anyway, as I where thinking about the weregeld and the Raven Guard geneseed I also thought about the 13th company of the Space Wolves and there "werewolves". Instantly I thought, if the Space Wolves became werewolves then the Raven Guard weregeld could have become werebirds - Wouldn't it be cool to have mutated birdmen? It certainly felt like something that could fit in my army in some way.

So now I had a vision of what I wanted to create but a hard time finding out a use for such a conversion (suitable rules, you know?). As I looked through the codex I noticed the Sanguinor and his Blessing, and that's when I realized I had one solution. The other one could be Red Thirst representation. After that I was happy for the time being and set out to make something that would resemble my artistic vision.

Here are some pictures of the first WIP:

At the moment I'm thinking that I would probably explain the difference in appearance (compared to the other marines) by a psychic manifestation rather than mutation (which fit the entire background of the Sanguinor). Perhaps some kind of psychic instability amongst the Twin-feathered or something like that.

The miniature is magnetized so I can replace the right arm with other options (bolt pistol) as well as shift between a jump pack and a normal backpack should the need arise.

Well, that's about it for now, I won't bore you with all my ideas (just yet).

Feel free to C&C!

----

Till next time

Last edited by xenobiotic; 01-07-11 at 11:04 PM.
post #280 of 1276 (permalink) Old 01-08-11, 04:51 AM

Winterous's Flag is: Australia

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode