Xenobiotic's continual madness (Updated 20160816) - Page 14 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 1276 (permalink) Old 10-07-10, 05:45 PM
Febris Militarius

Medic Marine's Flag is: Australia

Your death company makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside... thats to legit to quit!

Life is all anatomy lessons and paint brushes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 1276 (permalink) Old 10-07-10, 11:10 PM

Zodd's Flag is: Denmark

The sword is just dead on.
I think You are planning to build a Knight, maybe a Warden ?

Have You Hugged Your Dread Today ?
post #133 of 1276 (permalink) Old 10-09-10, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
Mentally hilarious

xenobiotic's Flag is: Sweden

I've not been up to all that much lately but I still have something to show you later on (unpainted (Sorry, Tossidin!)). But I can't resist the urge to update when the thread has reached - 10 000 views!

Thank you all for the continuing support of this Project!

Thank you for the +reps and kind comments and input in this thread as well as the private messages. They are what keeps me at it - without you I'd probably have put this project on ice a long time ago.

Once again, thank you all

----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic Marine View Post
Your death company makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside... thats to legit to quit!
There will be more of them in the future, the long term plan is a unit of 15 Death Company Marines and a land raider crusader transport for them. But before I commit myself to free-handing a white land raider I need to fill out my army with other units!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodd View Post
The sword is just dead on.
I think You are planning to build a Knight, maybe a Warden ?
Woho! Exactly! You shall receive an internet cookie!
I've seen some knights on warseer that are just superb (such as the one in "Sheep"'s log or the one in "the damned artificer"'s log ) but when browsing, through the BOLS rules, the fluff and old epic miniatures, the one that caught my eyes was the Warden. Although I'm not going to stay true to the epic miniature (which looks pretty organic and, to say the least, odd) but rather more hard-edged approach (such as the Imperium is "nowadays")

The pieces I'm lacking for now are on their way via mail (whirlwind, basilisk gun shield, thicker plasticard and such). Hopefully it will be a side project that I'll build on for quite some time ahead and actually finish. If it turns out well I'll most likely build another knight (because I just love them!).

----

I promised you some unpainted miniatures. A little background to these two: the Sanguinary Priest I made earlier (the one with wings seen here) just didn't make it for me when I sat him on the table to play so I decided that I need to make some new priests that would be dedicated "foot sluggers" (i.e. no magnetized backpacks and no angelic wings).

After a ramble through the bit boxes and some cuts here and there I was able to make some rough poses. My favourite is the one with the power sword (both miniatures have magnetized right arms so I will be able to change their load out if needed) as I'm very pleased with the way he's holding the weapon. I will of course green stuff in the gaps and add some details to them but I think you get idea of where they are going:

----

Till next time!

Last edited by xenobiotic; 10-17-10 at 03:09 PM.

post #134 of 1276 (permalink) Old 10-09-10, 01:03 AM
Death Before Dishonour

WarlordKaptainGrishnak's Flag is: Australia

I can't remember when I last, or even if I have, given you rep for this amazing log xeno. So here we go anyway, have a delicious rep cookie :D

It really is amazing to see how far the project has come between page 1 to 14. What are your current plans for the army? Are you just collecting and painting as you please, or are you aiming to achieve a set list?

Keep up the great (and motivating) log, mate.

Grish
post #135 of 1276 (permalink) Old 10-09-10, 04:55 PM

Kobrakai's Flag is: United Kingdom

Some more super work Xeno, they are looking amazing.

Have some more rep if I can dish out some to you. Keep up the wonderful work.
post #136 of 1276 (permalink) Old 10-10-10, 12:50 AM

sanguinius noob's Flag is: Scotland

very impressive, your kit bashing skills are second to none!

quick question, where are you buying your apothacary arms?

cheers
post #137 of 1276 (permalink) Old 10-12-10, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
Mentally hilarious

xenobiotic's Flag is: Sweden

I have something odd for you today!

----

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordKaptainGrishnak View Post
I can't remember when I last, or even if I have, given you rep for this amazing log xeno. So here we go anyway, have a delicious rep cookie :D

It really is amazing to see how far the project has come between page 1 to 14. What are your current plans for the army? Are you just collecting and painting as you please, or are you aiming to achieve a set list?

Keep up the great (and motivating) log, mate.

Grish
First goal is 1k points, which I'm closing in on! I need to paint my Death Company Transport to reach that goal (lol, I realy should finish that one).

The next goal after that is 2k points. Which units I do paint is pretty much up to the whims of the Gods. But I'm trying to stick to Troop units as much as possible now (before I get carried away by Sternguards and more tanks). Then again I can't give you any promises, which I guess is one reason to follow this plog - you never know what I might do next.

The final goal can be seen at the very beginning of the thread, I have a list of units I which to add to the army there (which changes from time to time).

Thanks for the +rep and comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobrakai View Post
Some more super work Xeno, they are looking amazing.

Have some more rep if I can dish out some to you. Keep up the wonderful work.
Thank you for the kind words and +rep, Kobrakai. I'm glad to see you continuing your work on the Iron Lords, they keep me motivated to struggle on with finishing of actual UNITS and not just single miniatures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanguinius noob View Post
very impressive, your kit bashing skills are second to none!

quick question, where are you buying your apothecary arms?

cheers
Thank you for the comment!

And the answer to the question I already sent to you as a PM.

----

I've been fiddling around with basing, trying to come up with something that's pretty fast to make and looks ok. This proves to be the perfect opportunity to try things out on bases that aren't going to have miniatures on them - in comes objective markers (of which I need at least 6 in theme with the army)!

I had some initial ideas that all of them would include birds of some kind, then I realised that would require way to much sculpting for something not worth any points. Almost every birds needs a nest though...?

I figure that an abandoned Phoenix/Huma Bird egg at risk of falling in the hand of the enemies would make a rather tasty objective for my Brethren:

----

The look I'm trying to get is "ash waste/desert".

What do you think about the basing? Does it look convincing or is it still to much "badly painted pieces of flock/grain"?

----

As soon I'm done with the Death Company Squads basing I'm reposting them with fluff on every marine. Hopefully I'll have time to do that tomorrow!

Till next time

Last edited by xenobiotic; 10-17-10 at 03:09 PM.
post #138 of 1276 (permalink) Old 10-12-10, 02:59 AM
U Mad Bro?

Chaosftw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobiotic View Post

I figure that an abandoned Phoenix/Huma Bird egg at risk of falling in the hand of the enemies would make a rather tasty objective for my Brethren:

----

The look I'm trying to get is "ash waste/desert".

What do you think about the basing? Does it look convincing or is it still to much "badly painted pieces of flock/grain"?

----

As soon I'm done with the Death Company Squads basing I'm reposting them with fluff on every marine. Hopefully I'll have time to do that tomorrow!

Till next time
Love it. Looks great! I wish I could do bases
+rep

Chaosftw
post #139 of 1276 (permalink) Old 10-12-10, 03:53 AM
Unhinged Hobo

GrimzagGorwazza's Flag is: England

OMG this rock is alive!!!!
face.JPG

Are those dryad limbs?
This looks sweet.

post #140 of 1276 (permalink) Old 10-12-10, 04:02 AM
U Mad Bro?

Chaosftw's Flag is: Canada

Wow, Thats really cool I did not even see that. Excellent! I wonder if it was intentional?

Chaosftw

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode