Just a small update to prove I'm not dead (yet).
Originally Posted by sethgabriel1990
nice scheme! Painting white armour can be a bitch, I had a failed attemp at a white scars tac. Squad years ago, but nice work!
I know, it's one of things you regret even trying after you've started it!
I decided that how I did it at the beginning of this thread would not work out in the long run. That's why I came up with the multi-wash method, now I just need to perfect it a bit and then I'll keep on doing it with the rest of the army.
You have redefined beaky!!! I love it
His right foot (in the picture) looks a little large. Not sure if you GSed it from scratch or over the original. Just seems out of proportion from the other foot. Other than that this guy is fantastic!
I think you might have been better off keeping the blood splatters closer to the blade itself. Granted running a chainsaw through someones chest is going to make a mess, but it just seems unnatural. Otherwise, I think it looks great. The whites are nice and crisp, the browns seem to run pretty naturally. Great work.
I did repaint those Death Company soldiers somewhat, tweaked the splatter amongst other things. Will post them up again once the final 2 are done.
The problem with the foot was that I originally put the leg up about 1 mm to high, making the connection between the armour and the foot a bit off (making it look a lot bigger than it was). So I trimmed down the foot a bit and added some length to that greave. It looks better now (see below).
Started painting the chaplain, some of you asked for a picture with some paint on (and I do think 2 foundation colours and 2 washes constitutes "some paint"). Fixed the miniatures left foot and greave a bit and I thinned down the birds legs as much as possible. I think he looks a lot better now.
I'm considering painting his armour black with white arms. I want him to be an obvious chaplain but still have an obvious connection to my army (I guess we will see how he fits in):
On another side I've been thinking about the death company rhino. I tried to make the X continue down the sides of the vehicle and to be honest it looked like crap. So I came up with another idea - making the ends of the X dissolve into splatter of blood and even though I've only finished one of the four ends of the X I'm liking it!
Now I just have to give the top armour some life with tiny birds, hm.
Comments and input are most welcome!
Till next time!