Xenobiotic's continual madness (Updated 20160816) - Page 118 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1171 of 1276 (permalink) Old 05-08-13, 10:01 PM

piemaster's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hey Xeno.

Wow, 118 pages. What a hobbying triumph. I still get your pictures emailed to my inbox but I wanted to post here to let you know that I still subscribe to this thread and no matter what you do, you're still an inspiration. I hope I can paint even a fraction of what you can and I look at your images when I try to elevate my painting skill.

Peace out,
Phil

Last edited by piemaster; 05-08-13 at 10:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 1276 (permalink) Old 05-08-13, 10:07 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Personally I think you've nailed the PH Night Lords perfectly and I'm talking GC Night Lords, I've always seen your work on them as the Legion maybe 2 years after Cruze showed up so they are only just beginning to get influenced by his personality and the recruits from his hell hole of a world. I think turning them into AL would be a lot of work and possibly not quite worth it.
post #1173 of 1276 (permalink) Old 05-09-13, 03:29 PM
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

More excellent work.

I am not a fan of sideways crests; however, each to their own.

post #1174 of 1276 (permalink) Old 05-09-13, 10:14 PM
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Battman's Flag is: Australia

Wow have only looked at a few of the pages in this thread and there is some amazing work showcased here well done with this stuff xenobiotic + rep from me

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlestix View Post
Dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka BATORK!!!
post #1175 of 1276 (permalink) Old 07-01-13, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
Mentally hilarious

xenobiotic's Flag is: Sweden

Jeeesh, long time no see?
Where were we?

----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellados View Post
Absolutely stunning and SO inspirational!

How do you do the mud, when i try and mix sand with PVA it always drys thinner then the surrounding and looks crap, is that 'all' you've done?
The mud (as seen on the unpainted miniatures) are simply different variants of the GW texture paints with mixed in extra PVA glue and sand/flock (which I got in huge bags for ages ago in about 3-4 different sizes) for more "crunchyness", then a few drops of water and some extra paint. I paint my bases along with the miniatures so any colour on the mud in the building process is purely coincidental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolflordthor View Post
Love your work as usual, but these cataphractii....
Breathtaking conversions, can't wait to see them painted!!!!
In those pictures the Cataphractii was early in development. They have since been fleshed out somewhat and gotten a few more squad members. More on that on a later date when I've received the latest FW-order so I can complete some weapon conversions. Hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaster View Post
Hey Xeno.

Wow, 118 pages. What a hobbying triumph. I still get your pictures emailed to my inbox but I wanted to post here to let you know that I still subscribe to this thread and no matter what you do, you're still an inspiration. I hope I can paint even a fraction of what you can and I look at your images when I try to elevate my painting skill.

Peace out,
Phil
Thank you for your kind words, Phil, they are very helpful in getting me through my rough patches when I'd otherwise lack motivation completely. Glad to have your subscription, and happy if I can give you anything back, be it motivation or inspiration or something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
Personally I think you've nailed the PH Night Lords perfectly and I'm talking GC Night Lords, I've always seen your work on them as the Legion maybe 2 years after Cruze showed up so they are only just beginning to get influenced by his personality and the recruits from his hell hole of a world. I think turning them into AL would be a lot of work and possibly not quite worth it.
That's where I'm heading at the moment. I'm thinking Terran marines with a few new Nostraman recruits but somewhat further into the storyline. So they're influenced by Curze but still heavily retain their terran heritage since their company consists mostly of terran marines still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T Hobbit View Post
More excellent work.

I am not a fan of sideways crests; however, each to their own.
Thanks, mate. Personally I've started to warm up to the sideways crests (as well as the other crests). Sometimes things grow on you as you go along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battman View Post
Wow have only looked at a few of the pages in this thread and there is some amazing work showcased here well done with this stuff xenobiotic + rep from me
Thanks! Always glad to hear! Hopefully I'll be able to get even more amazing work in here as I go along

----

It's been a while since the last update (obviously). It's not that I haven't done any work on my NLs, it's just that I haven't been on the mood to take pictures and go through the process to get them into the thread - mostly since a lot of things have happened in my personal life that has taken quite a toll on me.

So, all in all, there are more WIP pictures from different squads and units to come as soon as I can be arsed to take more pictures and type out more in depth comments about the process in making them. Till then you'll have to be satisfied by this guy:

Minor sculpting occurred after that picture was taken. I started to get the detailing to a level I'm satisfied with (which is uncommon). Sculpting will continue to fill in gaps and create more minor details. It's all going in baby steps though to avoid putting a big fat finger in the middle of something that took me 1 hour to sculpt to this level of detail. I'm starting to like this project more and more for every step I proceed though, so there's really no lack of motivation:

Night is coming.

Till next time
post #1176 of 1276 (permalink) Old 07-01-13, 05:45 AM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

Xeon it's been a long time good to hear from you/notice that you were still going and as always you do not disappoint

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #1177 of 1276 (permalink) Old 07-01-13, 08:06 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Oh I'm getting all tingly in my special places. That crest looks awesome. Really good to hear that your motivation is back for the boys from the night!
post #1178 of 1276 (permalink) Old 07-01-13, 04:40 PM

Zodd's Flag is: Denmark

Very Nice to see You're back Xeno. With some delicius details on the Dread.

Have You Hugged Your Dread Today ?
post #1179 of 1276 (permalink) Old 07-03-13, 08:20 PM
U Mad Bro?

Chaosftw's Flag is: Canada

Excellent work man! that contemptor is stunning, I love the GS work! I cant wait to see that thing painted!
post #1180 of 1276 (permalink) Old 07-03-13, 11:08 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Night Lords contemptor, awesome! Can't wait to see that bad boy painted up. Good to see some new work Xeno.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode