Xenobiotic's continual madness (Updated 20160816) - Page 113 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1121 of 1276 (permalink) Old 11-12-12, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Mentally hilarious

xenobiotic's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
Sweet as Xeno! Let's get the old rep count moving shall we?
Indeed, let's get 'em rolling! Thanks for the comment btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMOB View Post
Holy shitoki mushrooms well done good sir!

You never disappoint... love the new thread title btw
Thanks, mate! Always nice to see you stop by and always nice not to disappoint, hopefully I won't drop the ball as I move into non-infantry miniatures later on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge913 View Post
Really loving the way these guys are turning out my friend! Will we be seeing a night lords Contemptor? because I think that would look fantastic with your scheme.
It took a while to get the ratios in the recipe down in order to achieve the hues I was looking for. They are sneaky bastards though. In sunlight they look dark as hell but beneath the photo lamps they look almost ultramarine blue on the pictures. Very hard to capture the true aesthetic of this colour combination.

There is a chance that I might re-purpose the Contemptor I started to do for my Void Sharks which have been scrapped for now anyway. The Contemptor fit the pre-heresy theme better so it makes sense in a way, sad to get rid of the maori pattern on it though...

----

I actually completed this marine yesterday but I never got around to varnish him and take pictures so I did that during my session today. So here's the third Legion Tactical marine for the Night Lords:

Lacking Legion Markings and base is unfinished which is the same stage as the other two are at.

They are slowly adding up in numbers and are now slowly approaching a combat squad in size (which sadly doesn't exist in Legion Tactical squads so there's still 7 members to paint for it to be a legal unit).

However, these guys will most likely prove to be part of the solution needed to solve the number issue:

You also get a good look at the different stages (post airbrushing) on these guys, since some parts are without the final highlight, some parts are without the final wash layer and some parts are even weathered (a bit).

More infantry to come. I'm also waiting for my FW order which will bring me:
- More Mk III Infantry
- Mk IV Infantry
- Mk IV Assault Marines
- Scimitar Jet Bikes

Till next time

Last edited by xenobiotic; 11-13-12 at 07:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1122 of 1276 (permalink) Old 11-13-12, 01:10 AM

Dang those look badass! Awesome paint job, keep up the great work.
post #1123 of 1276 (permalink) Old 11-13-12, 01:13 AM

The_Werewolf_Arngeirr's Flag is: Canada

Xeno, you go to war in midnight clad with your NL.

post #1124 of 1276 (permalink) Old 11-13-12, 12:59 PM

Those look great! even with the camera messing with the blues, still really awesome. And I think its the goal of pretty much everyone on this thread to get your rep up to your old number.... too bad I can only give 1 rep at a time
-Arcticor
post #1125 of 1276 (permalink) Old 11-13-12, 01:30 PM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobiotic View Post
Thanks, mate! Always nice to see you stop by and always nice not to disappoint, hopefully I won't drop the ball as I move into non-infantry miniatures later on...
Well based on those BA (in both senses) tanks you did a while back im not too worried

Quote:
I actually completed this marine yesterday but I never got around to varnish him and take pictures so I did that during my session today. So here's the third Legion Tactical marine for the Night Lords:

Lacking Legion Markings and base is unfinished which is the same stage as the other two are at.

They are slowly adding up in numbers and are now slowly approaching a combat squad in size (which sadly doesn't exist in Legion Tactical squads so there's still 7 members to paint for it to be a legal unit).

However, these guys will most likely prove to be part of the solution needed to solve the number issue:

You also get a good look at the different stages (post airbrushing) on these guys, since some parts are without the final highlight, some parts are without the final wash layer and some parts are even weathered (a bit).

More infantry to come. I'm also waiting for my FW order which will bring me:
- More Mk III Infantry
- Mk IV Infantry
- Mk IV Assault Marines
- Scimitar Jet Bikes

Till next time
Da... As always, truly inspired good sir.

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #1126 of 1276 (permalink) Old 11-15-12, 10:22 PM

wolflordthor's Flag is: Germany

Well THIS is what i call Night Lords!!!!
Oh my GOD!
They are so amazing!
post #1127 of 1276 (permalink) Old 11-22-12, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Mentally hilarious

xenobiotic's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgoody View Post
Dang those look badass! Awesome paint job, keep up the great work.
Thanks, always nice to hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Werewolf_Arngeirr View Post
Xeno, you go to war in midnight clad with your NL.
Solruthis veh za jass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticor View Post
Those look great! even with the camera messing with the blues, still really awesome. And I think its the goal of pretty much everyone on this thread to get your rep up to your old number.... too bad I can only give 1 rep at a time
-Arcticor
I honestly don't know if it's messing with it or if it's just a factor of the varnish interacting with the light in a way it doesn't do with your eyes. These are actually the first miniatures I've ever put varnish on and I'm using matt varnish so maybe that explains some of it - I'm thinking about getting a hold of some satin varnish and see if that makes any difference.

I'm glad we have a common goal about the rep then. Sure is going to take a while though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMOB View Post
Well based on those BA (in both senses) tanks you did a while back im not too worried

Da... As always, truly inspired good sir.
It's just a couple of tacticals, nothing fancy thus far. So we'll see what the more advanced units can bring when it comes to inspiration ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolflordthor View Post
Well THIS is what i call Night Lords!!!!
Oh my GOD!
They are so amazing!
Glad you like them, I've had an overwhelming amount of positive feedback on my take on the Night Lords which was kind of surprising to me seeing as I haven't really taken their full aesthetic into the miniatures just yet (no bat wings, no skulls painted on the helmets and so on). But I guess I must be doing something right :D

----

I don't know why I haven't put this update up earlier since I finished this miniature a couple of days ago. It's a Mk III miniature taken from the Rapier Laser Destroyer set but I've changed his equipment around a bit (pieced together an alternate right arm) since in HH:Betrayal the crewmembers doesn't actually have bolters (which the miniatures comes with) so I needed to give him a bolt pistol. Anyway, he'll be a squadmate stand-in till I've painted the actual Rapiers (and the rest of the crew for them).

And here's another "army pick", still loads of legionnaires to paint as anticipated:

I also got my Forgeworld order which was an odd one to say the least. They did not send my Contemptor Pattern Heavy Bolter which I've ordered but instead I got a MK V Heresy Armour squad(?) which is a Mark of power armour I didn't plan to use in this army but I guess I might as well now that I got the squad anyway. While on the subject of missing items one of my MK IV assault squad didn't come with any left arms either...

I also got a lot of miscast pieces, particularly the legs on some of my MK IV assault marines but also on the MK IV tactical marines. Disappointing when it happens but nothing out of the ordinary when we're talking about FW. Kind of a bummer to get a hold of them for replacements though. I even tried calling them yesterday but due to some huge mishap in the local area a lot of their customer support wasn't able to get to work so I gave up after a good amount of time in queue since the price tag for international calls aren't that great with my current phone service. Will have to try again tomorrow if I get some spare time at work...

Anyway. I'm slowly building some MK IV assault marines. I don't want to build them all now though seeing as how FW will probably release Night Lord upgrade kits with the second HH book (problem is I don't know when they'll release it). I'll probably build 5 marines at a time and paint them up and keep repeating that cycle till I either run out of marines or they release the upgrade kits.

Got the following miniatures in the to-build/built pile with a continuing debate on what to finish first:
- Scimitar Jetbike Squadron
- Rapier Laser Destroyer x2
- Mk V Siege Dreadnought x3
- MK IV Assault Marines
- MK III Legion Tactical Marines (with Command Upgrade pieces)
- Mk IV Legion Tactical Marines (with Command Upgrade pieces)
- Mk II / IV Apothecaries
- Land Speeder Tempest x2
- Drop Pods
- Caestus Assault Ram
- Terminators (Converted plastic) with Cataphractii weapons
... Maybe it'd be easier to choose if I didn't have so many choices...

Anything specific you'd like to see me tackle? Leave a comment and I'll see what I can do...

Till next time
post #1128 of 1276 (permalink) Old 11-22-12, 10:24 PM

Hellados's Flag is: United Kingdom

Stunning as always mate, how many armies do you have on the go at the moment??

and ofc +rep if I can :p

Last edited by Hellados; 11-22-12 at 10:25 PM. Reason: nope, lolz
post #1129 of 1276 (permalink) Old 11-22-12, 10:58 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'd love to see the Caestus, but that is just the brute in me talking liking the big shiny thing. Same for the scimitars - I've not been a fan so far, and I'm hoping your painting sways me.

However on both those counts, they are centrepiece units and deserve love and attention; with large flat areas on to do the lightning design on, I can't help but feel you might need a bit of practise. I have a bit of love currently for LaserDestroyers. They are pretty effective at countering anything short of a Spartan.

As you need the Rite of War requiring you to take anything Rhino or Land Raider shaped under a Thunderhawk Transporter and anything else requiring a Drop Pod; getting started on them ASAP seems like a bright idea. Especially when you then place a S6 AP3 Flamer in some Marines arse.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #1130 of 1276 (permalink) Old 11-23-12, 05:17 PM

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to xenobiotic again." Dammit.
Stunning work as always. I would say finish up that squad, then work on the assault ram.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode