Xenobiotic's continual madness (Updated 20160816) - Page 112 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1111 of 1276 (permalink) Old 10-24-12, 06:43 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Loving the Night Lords. They are definitely my favourite preHeresy legion. Shame I can't rep you for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1112 of 1276 (permalink) Old 10-26-12, 05:50 PM

wolflordthor's Flag is: Germany

Every new post is simply awesome, I wish i had your skills!!!!
Keep it up!
post #1113 of 1276 (permalink) Old 10-27-12, 12:21 PM
LTP

LTP's Flag is: England

Nice to see this thread still going strong Xeno. You skills have improved since I went away and you have some impressive looking models as always.

p.s purple and Black rocks ;)

Keep up the good work

post #1114 of 1276 (permalink) Old 10-27-12, 01:03 PM

Lethiathan's Flag is: United Kingdom

Looking Snazzy on the Night Lords Xeno!

World's Worst Project-Logger.

Slightly Derranged, would advice staying away.
post #1115 of 1276 (permalink) Old 10-29-12, 06:44 PM

Zodd's Flag is: Denmark

It's a thread like this that possibly could get one sad modelbuilder out of a builders/gamers-block that has been going on since the 6th edition rules struck.

Thanks Xeno

Have You Hugged Your Dread Today ?
post #1116 of 1276 (permalink) Old 10-29-12, 11:48 PM
U Mad Bro?

Chaosftw's Flag is: Canada

I think another update is in order... you should probably not sleep and get some more paint on your models... Priorities man! common!
post #1117 of 1276 (permalink) Old 11-10-12, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Mentally hilarious

xenobiotic's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosftw View Post
Wow I really like the way you did up that night lord! Looks sharp! That will be one intimidating army!
Thanks, that's my hope and assessment as well :D I'm just hoping they won't turn out to dark in the long run, they are pretty well lit in the photos. And while they are supposed to be dark and brooding you still want something interesting to look at when you put them on the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
Loving the Night Lords. They are definitely my favourite preHeresy legion. Shame I can't rep you for it.
Glad to have done them justice in your eyes then I like their fluff and their aesthetics, should be a perfect match for me as I go along and get a bit more daring with conversions and what not. Debating on which units to use (and buy) from FW before I move around to much because of work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolflordthor View Post
Every new post is simply awesome, I wish i had your skills!!!!
Keep it up!
I've been at this for years now and I'm still learning so much each time I paint a miniature. Many of the techniques I've used on these guys are my first attempts, you just have to keep challenging yourself and try out new things then knowledge and experience adds up. I still have so many things to learn and even more to master.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTP View Post
Nice to see this thread still going strong Xeno. You skills have improved since I went away and you have some impressive looking models as always.

p.s purple and Black rocks ;)

Keep up the good work
Indeed, purple and black rocks but it was not for me at this time, hehe. Glad to hear that I've improved since last time, I always fear stagnation and it's nice to get a receipt on your hard work and attempts at new methods. This hobby truly is endless in possibilities which is both daunting and intriguing .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethiathan View Post
Looking Snazzy on the Night Lords Xeno!
Them snazzy lil' Night Lords be in tha house! Thanks mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodd View Post
It's a thread like this that possibly could get one sad modelbuilder out of a builders/gamers-block that has been going on since the 6th edition rules struck.

Thanks Xeno
It's funny you mention that because I often look at others threads and have the same kind of feeling, although the internet has stolen a lot of time from me it has also been my main input and enabler to improve myself and my skills tremendously so I get what you're saying many times over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosftw View Post
I think another update is in order... you should probably not sleep and get some more paint on your models... Priorities man! common!
Indeed it was...

----

Now back after a week in San Francisco (went there with my work for a research project) I've finally been able to sit down and get some painting done! I actually missed it sorely while I was gone (maybe even more than I had imagined)!

This marine is yet another new endeavour for me. It was my first attempt at using the Hairspray weathering techniques described all over the internet (see youtube for reference if needed). And just to see if it would work on smaller miniatures I decided to use it on an infantry miniatures. I must say I like the effect the technique offers a lot more than more conventional methods other alternatives when it comes to scratches - such as "sponging".

Admittedly I overdid it on his left shoulderpad but you live and you learn. It will be nice to try out on some bigger miniatures as I go along. I might actually switch over to this method entirely as I go along (since I'm laying all the base colours on my miniatures with the airbrush anyway):

And here's the entire army so far - I got some work ahead of me if this is ever going to get somewhere...

More infantry coming up soon (maybe even later today). After that - probably even more infantry. After that? Well, depends on what I throw cash at since I'm looking at a "free delivery" FW order right now... Suggestions?

Till next time
post #1118 of 1276 (permalink) Old 11-10-12, 01:12 PM
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Sweet as Xeno! Let's get the old rep count moving shall we?

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

post #1119 of 1276 (permalink) Old 11-10-12, 02:23 PM
So be it.

JAMOB's Flag is: USA

Holy shitoki mushrooms well done good sir!

You never disappoint... love the new thread title btw

Quote:
If you go down to the woods today, be wary
post #1120 of 1276 (permalink) Old 11-10-12, 04:14 PM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Really loving the way these guys are turning out my friend! Will we be seeing a night lords Contemptor? because I think that would look fantastic with your scheme.

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode