Da Blitz Brigade Orks. - Page 25 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #241 of 274 (permalink) Old 01-11-13, 07:07 PM

Zodd's Flag is: Denmark

Oh.. VV is back in da mekshop. Good Luck

Have You Hugged Your Dread Today ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 274 (permalink) Old 01-16-13, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Powered by Squig Tea

Viscount Vash's Flag is: England

So a dose of Man Flu has ruined my aspirations so far, it's been a work/collapse cycle the last few days as the last two weeks are also the heaviest work weeks of the year.

Having just passed the last of the heavier post Christmas work load and had a blissfully normal day today I managed to get something worth posting in Da Plog.

Not painting mind as the snotty nose, streaming eyes and mighty sneezing don't go well with painting checks. ( Quite why I seem to think it's ok to use a scalpel I'll never be able to explain to the missus.)

So I had a tinker with one of the second hand bikes I still have to salvage and this is what I came up with.

Nothing majorly different with this one apart from the front mudguard. This happened as one of the second hand bikes had a Trukk rear wheel as the front and one other had a Buzzsaw blade. ( See Nob Bikers Power Klaw, previous post.)

This left me wanting wheels so a Space Marine bike style front end seemed a cool idea on both the doubling my wheel count and from a conversion point of view.

Started tinkering with a Skorcha which I'll show next time round, however far it gets.
Hopefully this flu will abate soon so I can finish painting the Nob Biker.
post #243 of 274 (permalink) Old 01-17-13, 10:30 AM

Default Kon Ver Shuns!

Subscribed. This Plog is awsome. Your lasticard skills are amazing, just the conversions throughout ae wonderfull. Its armies like this that make me lean towards the idea of getting into 40k...

post #244 of 274 (permalink) Old 01-19-13, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Powered by Squig Tea

Cheers Charandris.

Well painting is still not happening so it's been all out on the Skorcha build.

On this one I decided to use some of the metal parts from the standard GW Skorcha, mainly to help me work out the dimensions of the things.

First job was to take a second hand bike I had lying around and cut and shut it to the Skorcha parts. After that it was varying thicknesses of styrene card and rod.

For some reason I decided he should be wearing a leather trenchcoat. Well I do need the GS skills practice.

Got a light?
I really could not work out what to put in the riders hand so I had a quick Cigarette break. Then the thought struck me. One ciggy and a miniature giant Clipper lighter later.

After this one I'll probably do enclosed tracks as often as possible as the open style ones are far too fiddly. Damn things took a whole day.

Back to painting tomorrow....... promise.

Last edited by Viscount Vash; 01-19-13 at 03:12 PM.
post #245 of 274 (permalink) Old 01-19-13, 08:43 PM

Zodd's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscount Vash View Post
After this one I'll probably do enclosed tracks as often as possible as the open style ones are far too fiddly
Your open tracks are maybee too fiddly but damn, they are impressive

Have You Hugged Your Dread Today ?
post #246 of 274 (permalink) Old 01-19-13, 08:44 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Those tracks are amazing Vash and look like a shit load of work, really amazing stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out for you.
post #247 of 274 (permalink) Old 01-19-13, 08:47 PM
Boc
Like a Bawss

Boc's Flag is: USA

Retarded good, man, jealous of your conversion skills

Heresy-Online's Expeditious Stories Challenge 13-06: "Serenity" has started, get your stories in by July 11th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
3. Nothing Boc said should ever be taken seriously. Unless he's talking about being behind you. Then you run like fuck.
post #248 of 274 (permalink) Old 01-24-13, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Powered by Squig Tea

After a few mentions in the Supporter chat box here on Heresy the 2013 Army Painting Challenge has been on my mind.

Don't worry it won't be starting for a while yet.

But I realized that I have already failed to complete it twice now, shameful.
So I reckon 3rd time lucky might hold true.

Then again maybe not, to give myself a better chance I have decided to prep 12 units/vehicles etc in advance.

So today I went into the odd little model railway shop and bought about 30 worth of Styrene rod and sheets to add into my stock and join the order of about 20 I placed online for some styrene stuff the train peeps don't use.

Also decided that the price on the Dakka Jet is pretty good for GW and therefore unlikely to stay that low for long and went down there to get one.
Oddly he has to order them as they are not carrying stock for some odd reason, curious and suspicious all at once.

Any way after all that I got home and got back to work on yet another 2nd hand Rhino to use as a Looted Wagon with Boomgun.

Here is its current state.

The plan is to build tracks, a turret and clad it in Orky armour much like the very first one I did all that time ago at the start of the thread.
post #249 of 274 (permalink) Old 01-24-13, 08:59 PM
Unhinged Hobo

GrimzagGorwazza's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscount Vash View Post
Also decided that the price on the Dakka Jet is pretty good for GW and therefore unlikely to stay that low for long and went down there to get one.
Oddly he has to order them as they are not carrying stock for some odd reason, curious and suspicious all at once.
Hi dude, the dakka jet isn't part of any core line sets. When i ordered my stock for my shop a few months back i had to specifically request storm talons and dakkajets. There are a fair few odds and ends that GW doesn't supply to their smaller branches or indi retailers without it being specifically requested. Helldrakes and maulerfiends being good examples. Retailers have a list of stuff in the core lines which they MUST keep stocked up as much as possible. Everythign else the actual shop needs to ask for specifically.

Quote:
Any way after all that I got home and got back to work on yet another 2nd hand Rhino to use as a Looted Wagon with Boomgun.

Here is its current state.

The plan is to build tracks, a turret and clad it in Orky armour much like the very first one I did all that time ago at the start of the thread.
Yay, i freaking love looted wagons, i'm up to 7 in my own army now, look forwards to seeing how this bad boy comes out.

post #250 of 274 (permalink) Old 01-28-13, 06:32 PM Thread Starter