Unborn of Vargul Log - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-10, 03:36 AM Thread Starter

whiplash308's Flag is: Canada

Default Unborn of Vargul Log

Hey guys, whippy here. After doing Black Legion and World Eaters, I've decided to go my own path to both a Khorne and Tzeentch faction. I feel as if a project log is needed to update those who are even the slightest interested. I'm nowhere near a full army being painted, but I'll be getting there.

(1/23/2010) Here is parts of a HB CSM on his way to completion. I used a black undercoat, followed by a foundation of both Mechrite Red and Dheneb Stone. The backpack and arms are in Bleached Bone, and soon the legs, torso and head will be also. The red you see currently is the Mechrite Red, Blood Red will soon be applied.

(1/29/2010) Hey guys, Whiplash here. Giving whoever is interested a little update, I'm working on some lava bases for my Chaos boys right now. I'm definitely going to have to pry off some bases from those plastic legs of theirs. I'm working on one right now (4:57 PM) and I should be done it by later today.

(1/31/2010) Hello everyone, the HB marine is just about done, and I'm mounting him on the lava base that I've been working on also. Should be done by tomorrow assuming I don't get lazy.

(2/21/2010) Apologies that I haven't updated this in a while, but he is FINALLY done. I'm lacking Ogryn Flesh and Devlan Mud, but Badab Black and Baal Red have been used. The HB was painted with Boltgun Metal with a wash of Badab Black and a drybrush of Shining Gold. I'm proud of the result, and I think it's quite good for my ability of painting. I'll try and keep you guys updated with the Unborn of Vargul as much as I can.

(5/09/2010) Well it's good to be back on Heresy! After a break, I return with news involving the Unborn! I feel proud of myself, because I now have a total of four (That's right) fully painted marines. Two of which I did in about 5 hours today. I used the 'Assembly Line' painting method, and I must say it gets the job done. Pictures forthcoming.
I'll update this once I get some stuff done, thanks for viewing.

(06/02/2010) Alright, here's a picture update for you guys. I got a total of 4 CSM painted right now, and I'm currently working on 4 Berzerkers. Here you go, enjoy guys.

Check out my Army Showcase, I'm sure at least something will interest you! Click on the userbars to go directly to that army's page! (:

Last edited by whiplash308; 06-02-10 at 11:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-10, 06:06 AM

i hope it turns out well. looking forward to some more pics
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-01-10, 02:42 AM Thread Starter

You'll get some hopefully tomorrow, the HB marine should be done with the lava base, and I'll start working on some other marines as soon as I can.

Check out my Army Showcase, I'm sure at least something will interest you! Click on the userbars to go directly to that army's page! (:

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-10, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Bump, just in case the post edit doesn't count as "new posts".

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-10, 10:06 PM
Bleh

Marneus Calgar's Flag is: England

Looks good, got any fluff behind the legion?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-10, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

I've been writing some, but my head died. So pretty much, it's a Khorne/Tzeentch dedicated warband. That's all I have that's remaining the way it is pretty much.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-10, 10:49 PM
Bleh

Marneus Calgar's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash308 View Post
I've been writing some, but my head died. So pretty much, it's a Khorne/Tzeentch dedicated warband. That's all I have that's remaining the way it is pretty much.
That sounds pretty cool . I'm tihnking of doing 3000pts of World Eaters, then 3000pts of Thousand Sons. I like the idea
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-11-10, 04:34 AM Thread Starter

What's up people. Just a quick bumpy post, I have some fluff behind Vargul (the Daemon Prince my army is based around).

Vargul was a deadly Captain in the Space Marine Chapter he was a part of, and Chaplains were often sent tending to him to make sure he was alright and still sane. Vargul also had a strong fascination with the psychic powers of the Chapter's Librarians, and requested training from the Chief Librarian of the Chapter (which the original name is long forgotten). Soon after the Heresy, Vargul secretly led his Chapter to the Undivided forces of Chaos. After countless battles, using the anger filled weapons he wielded, and the minor amounts of magic his Chief Librarian taught him (which is now second in command to Vargul as a Sorcerer Lord) the Unborn dominated battlefields along side other Warbands and Legions. Khorne took notice into his actions, and realized that he only worshiped Chaos as a whole. Unknown to Khorne, Tzeentch also took an interest into Vargul. Both Khorne and Tzeentch provided the Lord with opportunities to be direct followers of them individually, but he disagreed. The two rival Gods spoke and decided that just this once, they would put their rivalry aside for the power Vargul has to offer.

Within days Vargul was gifted with the one dream all Chaos Marines wish to achieve: Daemonhood. He found himself a more vigorous fighter, and not just because of his ascension. Vargul spoke to Khorne about this, and the Blood God replied saying only "You shall obey only Tzeentch and I". The Lord had always wanted to rise to the ranks of the Daemon Prince, but he would have never thought he would have been good enough to have the power of both Khorne and Tzeentch. He found his blade had been dripping with constant amounts of blood, as if the weapon had been bleeding itself, and his other hand flowing with Chaotic magic energy. Vargul screamed out to his Chapter of Traitors, and vowed that with Tzeentch and Khorne behind them, they cannot be stopped.

The Prince instantly started requesting and requisitioning Khornate Berzerkers and Rubric Marines...

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-11, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

(03/04/2011) Whoaa it's been a long while since I updated this. Anyway, lots of progress has been made since I last touched here. I would edit the first post, but I can't. I have 4 Khorne Berzerkers painted up in the Unborn of Vargul scheme, and I recently bought a Blood Angels Furioso Dreadnought and I'm converting that for Chaos goodness. I also have a Daemon Prince that is assembled, but I stupidly realized that I should paint while it's in parts and not assembled, stupid GW glue -.-
On another note, my Dreadnought is almost done and I shall hopefully get the pictures of my Berzerkers up eventually, along with the Dreadnought. Whiplash out.

Last edited by whiplash308; 04-03-11 at 10:08 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-11, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

Not intending on this being a bump, but to those that are following this page, the log has been kinda implemented and ceased onto my "army" page. By that, I mean the new user army feature. Check it out there if you're interested. A mod can delete this post should they feel.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode