Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

A Plastic Crack Addiction. SWs, Knights, DG, Necromunda, and more.

97K views 599 replies 79 participants last post by  Khorne's Fist 
#1 · (Edited)
Seeing Tossiden's SW log has finally inspired me to start the one I've been meaning to start for a long time. This is going to take some time to complete, as I'm studdying part time and working full time, as well as my commitment to Modern Warfare 2:wink:.

So, lets start with Wolf Lord Alaric Nightrunner.

This was going to be my Bjorn, but I think the new FW dread will take that role soon enough.

Hurin the Loud, former pack brother to Grimnar.

WG battle leader.

My first batch of scouts.

I'm not a fan of the Lucas model, but this guy is going to lead my squad of Sky Claws.

I had a spare Grimnar, so decided to make an alternative WL, or Arjac Rockfist.

Rune Priest Egil Iron-Eye. I'm thinking of giving him the rune staff from the old Njal model.

A drop pod I received from Morfangdakka in one of Heresy's gift exchanges.

Some of my most recent BCs.

Ulric the Slayer, as painted nearly 20 years ago. I've decided not to strip him, just rebase him and touch him up, as, considering my skill level at the time I'm still proud of the paint job. He'll also be a nod to my old great company.

I also have 15 old termies that I haven't yet decided to strip, a squad of old scouts and some of the old Inquisitors in termie armour that may or may not play a part in the rise of Alaric.

My goal is to have the bulk painted by the end of the summer, but considering I'm working full time and studying part time this may be a tad ambitious.

I hope to update on a reasonably regular basis, using this thread as something to spur me on and get painting.

See less See more
#2 ·
Holy crap, going gangbusters here! Nice work so far with done decent painting happening.

#3 ·
Looks like you have a lot on your plate there :shok:

The painted stuff so far looks very cool, i really like your SW grey and will be looking forward to seeing more.

#5 · (Edited)
Finally found some time to get something done, and decided to try and finish this guy off. Still have a bit of touching up to do, especially now that the photos have highlighted a few more things to do. but I'm happy with how he's turned out.

I gave him what are supposed to be electric blue eyes, but I'm not sure about the results. What do you guys think?

#6 ·
i personally think the eyes turned out really well!

#7 ·
Finally got some brush time in!

I knew at the start of this thread it I might have been over reaching a wee bit, what with college, work and real life. However, having finished college (with honours!), taken some time off work, and suspended real life, I managed to get something done.

I haven't decided to use this guy as Alaric, or just a WGBL, but either way I'm really happy with how he turned out. I still have a few touch ups to do, particularly the big fat thumb print on the base.

A squad of scouts I really found hard to get going with. Got there eventually though.

I have a few more base coated, including several of the old edition metal SWs.

This guy started as a moment of boredom, but he's grown on me, and will soon join the ranks of Alaric's WG.

That's all for now, but the above collection of models waiting to be painted now includes a LR crusader, another dread, a land speeder, and a razorback. I will now be able to commit myself to getting it all done.

#8 ·
I like them! I really like the one olding the Ork head :grin: have some rep mate, I look forward to seeing more! :)

#9 ·
Seeing Tossiden's SW log has finally inspired me to start the one I've been meaning to start for a long time.
They are looking good man! Glad I was of some help getting you started, as this seems to turn out really well, and I am looking forward to see more of it! :)
I just feel sad that you have alredy outpainted me lol! Well, at least you inspired me to continue (work allowing).

Good luck and happy painting :victory:

#12 ·
Got another bit done, just not the squad of GHs and their rhino that I should be painting. I really love this model, in fact I think it's the finest SM model that GW have produced to date. However, I seemed to be jinxed in the painting of him. There was a superglue accident, then I nearly took the top of my finger off removing some of the original imagery, and then the spray coat went on funny. I'm still not happy with how he turned out because I kinda rushed him towards the end, and as usual the photos show up some things that need tidying up.

#13 · (Edited)
After reading This article, I decided to give it a go. I picked up a few chaos warriors yesterday, and these are my first batch.

They need a bit of GS work to fill in some gaps, but I'm pretty happy with them. The one fault I've found is that the position of the arms is quite limiting, but I'm only intending on doing the one unit of GH, so they'll do to add a bit of variety to my puppies.

#14 ·
great stuff, it seems that september is the month of the wolves, because i just started mine again. i love that gabriel seth conversion. i am going to be using korsarro khan as mine. keep it up and have some rep
edit: damn, i have to spread the rep. ill get back to you

#15 · (Edited)
I have managed to get some free time to dedicate to my wolves, and am liking my results so far.

First off, the dread featured in the first post. It's taken nearly a year to get him done. As always, the harsh light of the camera brings out a few small things to be fixed.

A squad of GHs and their WG pack leader.

I'm aiming for a very fluffy army, so I had to have some wolves. Ten done, five more to go.

I've decided to make the army really fast moving, so this is the first of 3 land speeders. Along with the wolves and a forthcoming squad of skyclaws, this is gonna be a pretty fast moving pack.

#19 ·
Hey mate,

this is looking really good.

I like what you've done with Seth, that's a nice simple conversion. And that Grimnar conversion is great too.

I haven't started painting up my FW dreadnought yet, so will be taking some tips from yours in the coming months :)

The World Guard with those heresy era shoulder pads looks really nice too.

Looking forward to following this and gaining some inspiration for my own army :)

Keep it up!

Rev

#20 ·
I keep forgetting this plog is on here. It's well due an update thanks to the Army Painting challenge, which, I have to admit has been excellent for keeping me motivated instead of lapsing into months of inactivity as I used to do before. So here's what I've got done in the last few months.

The outline of the decal markings on the rhino have since been covered.

This was last month's entry in the challenge. I was planning on a TLLC version for my long fangs, but the assault cannons in my bits box kept shouting at me, so this months GHs have a transport waiting for them.

Speaking of this months entry, here's the so far completed members of the squad. I've been putting off painting these guys for nearly a year, but finally got the urge. I'm a bit ahead of myself this month for a change, so I may even add a plasma gunner to the mix as well.

More later. I want to take a few decent photos of my LF pack before I post them.

#21 ·
What can I say.... I like them all.. =)
Nice poses and sh*t... *thumbs up*

#23 ·
A few more additions to the great company.

The next man in this month's squad for the painting challenge, finished not an hour ago.

June's entry, Long Fangs.

These guys are actually the very first squad I bought when the first SW codex came out nearly 20 years ago. Stripped and basecoated, they will soon retake their place fighting for the All Father.

I ordered this fella last night from BitsPudlo, so expect to see him on here soon as well.

#24 · (Edited)
Finally finished the entry for August in the painting challenge. I was doing really well until the very last fella, and then I just couldn't seem to get a minute to paint.

I converted another guy in the mean time, because I thought they needed a plasma gun, and this time I left the thigh plates from the WoC on the torso because on looking at the pictures of the finished models I thought they looked a bit squat around the torso. This worked nicely, and he is noticabley taller than his buddies. I'll get him painted in due course.

It's a toss up between another squad of scouts or a land speeder for this month's entry in the challenge.

#26 ·
To be honest there wasn't a whole lot done until the army painting challenge started. I have to say it's been excellent for keeping me motivated, as I seem to work best to a deadline. I'll try and get a group shot up soon.

On to this month's entries. As I've said before I like very fast moving armies, and part of this is going to be a full squadron of land speeders. This is the second of the three required, a typhoon to add some long range power. As the challenge this month allows two entries to make up for any month we missed, I'll also be painting a wolf priest to lead my BCs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.