A Plastic Crack Addiction. SWs, Knights, DG, Necromunda, and more. - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

349Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 594 (permalink) Old 12-01-11, 08:36 PM
Painting Munky style!

Munky's Flag is: England

Great looking models man, I enjoyed looking through your plog.
Your painting has improved since the beginning too, I'm gonna have to really get some stuff done to compete lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 594 (permalink) Old 12-01-11, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Thanks Munky, it means a lot. Regular painting seems to be doing the trick for improving the quality of my models.
post #53 of 594 (permalink) Old 12-01-11, 10:39 PM

Disciple_of_Ezekiel's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
... and the discovery that my wife is pregnant.
AWESOME! Congrats man and cheers! I am in the same boat, will this be your first? It is for me! Crazy, feels sureal.

Well to talk about your wolves, I think they look great, especially the last guy you just did. Your conversion with the dreadnaught looks fantastic, lets see some paint on him. I will second what Midge said on the blood crush wolf mount, highlights, it could just solve that missing piece. Im not a big fan of transfers unless you can get them to look like there painted on. Either way, I think you got the skill to make it feel complete to you.

Keep up the great work on your Army mate!

Regards,
DoE

"To retreat is defeat. Advance! Advance! In our Death lies Victory."
Captain Denos, 19th Company,468th regiment of the
Death Korps of Krieg

The K.R.I.E.G. Project (My Death Korps of Krieg Plog)

post #54 of 594 (permalink) Old 12-02-11, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple_of_Ezekiel View Post
AWESOME! Congrats man and cheers! I am in the same boat, will this be your first? It is for me! Crazy, feels sureal.
Thanks mate, it was a total surprise. This will be our second. Big brother gets a little sister.

Quote:
I will second what Midge said on the blood crush wolf mount, highlights, it could just solve that missing piece. Im not a big fan of transfers unless you can get them to look like there painted on. Either way, I think you got the skill to make it feel complete to you.
I've been mulling over the thunder crusher, and I really haven't the skills to hand paint the runes without making a total balls of the whole scheme. I agree transfers can look a bit shit, so I'm comtemplating buying the brass etched letters from Secret Weapon minis and sticking them around the flat areas of the legs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BE02-Runes.jpg (83.2 KB, 2 views)
post #55 of 594 (permalink) Old 12-02-11, 01:56 PM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

I think that the brass etch would like great! I have never used any brass etch products, but I have heard others speak highly of them. Let me know how it works out.

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
post #56 of 594 (permalink) Old 12-02-11, 09:45 PM
Painting Munky style!

Munky's Flag is: England

Congratz on the news mate!

I think you should give the brass a try, I would press them onto the part they are gonna stick to first so they bend to the shape.

I may have to get some of them myself too.
post #57 of 594 (permalink) Old 12-03-11, 10:15 AM

Disciple_of_Ezekiel's Flag is: USA

OHHHH EXCELLENT idea Khorne, excellent indeed!

"To retreat is defeat. Advance! Advance! In our Death lies Victory."
Captain Denos, 19th Company,468th regiment of the
Death Korps of Krieg

The K.R.I.E.G. Project (My Death Korps of Krieg Plog)

post #58 of 594 (permalink) Old 12-03-11, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge913 View Post
Let me know how it works out.
That I will. I will probably be using them on the rune priest dread I have planned as well, so I will be consulting the more accomplished painters on here like yourself about working in some sort of glowing effect on them. I'll probably do it on the thunder crusher as well, as the fluff is that the Iron Priest and his mate rune priest Snorri Iron Eye have bound the captured juggernaught with runes, so they'll have to be glowing as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munky View Post
Congratz on the news mate!
Cheers mate. Gonna have to get some serious painting done between now and the 6th of June, as I don't think there'll be much done after that.

Quote:
OHHHH EXCELLENT idea Khorne, excellent indeed!
Thank you, good sir.

Now, today I realised that I had a problem getting stuff done. The amount of stuff I have sitting on my table base coated or assembled but otherwise untouched is starting to piss me off. I keep getting distracted with the next shiney thing. The Army Painting challenge is the only thing keeping me on track this year. So I made an early New Year's resolution, to get everything on my desk done before I open any more boxes. Here is said table top.

The total on the table includes 14 grey hunters, 3 fenrisian wolves, 3 wolf guard pack leaders, 2 rune priests, a thunder wolf, and a venerable dreadnought. Still unopened on my shelf is a rhino, a land raider, a razorback, a box of termies, 2 more dreads, and a box of vanguard vets that will probably become wolf guard, and enough bits to make easily another 50 marines of varying squads. I really want to have at least one unit of every entry in the codex. My plan for next year's painting challenge was to start an ogre kingdom's army, but on reflection I have enough stuff lying around to do a whole great company, so I think I'll just keep going with my SWs, boring as that may be.

EDIT: Considering that christmas is just around the corner, hopefully there'll be a contemptor dread to add to that list as well.

Last edited by Khorne's Fist; 12-03-11 at 10:15 PM.
post #59 of 594 (permalink) Old 12-06-11, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Here's the final entry for me in this year's Army Painting Challenge. They're the first of the models that I'm trying to clear off my table. While I'll be painting them as one squad, they're actually going to be padding out two other squads. Three of them are the old metal minis from the 2nd Ed box.

post #60 of 594 (permalink) Old 12-13-11, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Got these guys done in record time. That makes it 12/12 in this year's Army Painting Challenge. I'm happy with how the Mark of the Wulfen dude came out. The head is from MaxMini. I know wulfen are supposed to be using teeth and claws, but I thought nothing says rending like dual wielded chain axes. Also, I had forgotten just how nice the original metal SW models were. They really have loads of nice little details.

Getting these guys done has given me a bit of extra time to do my next lot, providing Humakt is willing to start another Challenge next year (fingers crossed).

I was gonna start either an Ogre Kingdoms or Necron army for next year, but a projected lack of fundage, and the fact I still have the guts of another 2000 pts of SW stuff left in boxes, and a contemptor dread on the way from Santa, I've decided to keep going. By this time next year I could possibly have an entire great company painted up.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode