A Plastic Crack Addiction. SWs, Knights, DG, Necromunda, and more. - Page 54 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

349Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #531 of 594 (permalink) Old 02-09-18, 09:08 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

As a man accustomed to using a small tool, my advice is just use the tip of a hobby knife to bore a wee hole in the muzzle

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #532 of 594 (permalink) Old 03-03-18, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

I got the juves painted up, and have worked on some more special and heavy weapons, rather than wait on FW to drip feed us the upgrade kits we saw at the Necromunda weekender. Since the photos of the conversions were taken, the country has ground to a halt because of a few inches of snow, and I had little else to do but watch Netflix (Altered Carbon is excellent, btw) and paint, so they are almost finished already.

The heavy stubber is from a Leman Russ tank I bought way back when the plastic kit first came out, with the magazine from the Goliath grenade launcher attached. Another example of long held bits eventually finding a use.

Shortened CSM flamer with repositioned fuel can, and SM scout heavy bolter. The HB fits the rivet cannon arms very nicely, and the CSM flamer with hooks and spikes fits the Goliath theme quite accurately.

I also picked up some new terrain for a Necromunda table. A kids plastic garage that cost €12 on eBay. It fits so well I bought a bigger version of it, for the same price. Almost a table's worth of terrain for less than €25.

Old Man78 likes this.
post #533 of 594 (permalink) Old 03-23-18, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

I just realised I hadn't posted the painted photos of the above converted minis, so I wiil get some pics later. In the meantime, here's another batch of converted and painted minis. This makes 23, for a gang that you can only use 10 or 12 at a time. Maybe I should stop. Then again, they can be used as upgraded minis for existing gangers later on.

An alternative to my boss. The bolt pistol and chainsword are the most symbolic pair of weapons in the 40k universe for me, with the bonus of being cheaper than his current power hammer/combiplasma pistol loadout.

The Deathwatch shotgun is suitably bulky for the Goliath aesthetic.

There isn't much in the Underhive that liberal application of plasma can't fix.

There's currently a member of my gang carrying out acts so heroic he might just have earned himself a shiny new bolter pilfered from the most recent shipment destined for off-world IG units. I decided to paint some of the weapons military green to show their provenance as being robbed form the various forges in the hives.
Old Man78 likes this.

post #534 of 594 (permalink) Old 03-23-18, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

I was recently distracted by Necromunda minis, and will be further distracted when my Forgebane box drops next week, but I managed to get my Plague Surgeon done in between waiting for washes to dry on other minis. Hopefully I'll get another couple of minis done over the weekend, in particular a couple of meltaguns and a cleaver done for my tank buster squad.

Old Man78 likes this.
post #535 of 594 (permalink) Old 03-24-18, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Another mini done, this time one of the GW exclusive Plague Brethren box. I know the three minis are only mirrors of ones in the Dark Imperium, but they have enough differences to add some variety to a squad. I'm also very happy with how the scorching on the barrel worked out.

Old Man78 likes this.

Last edited by Khorne's Fist; 03-24-18 at 10:13 PM.
post #536 of 594 (permalink) Old 04-19-18, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Finally got my Tallyman done. I'm really glad I swapped out the head.

I also started on some Possessed. People say they aren't that great on the table, but that's never stopped me from making what I think are cool conversions.

DaisyDuke and Old Man78 like this.
post #537 of 594 (permalink) Old 04-19-18, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Default Knights!

I took the plunge and bought Forgebane when it came out, with the intention of just painting up a small allied contingent, maybe two armigers and a single knight atropos that I have yet to assemble. Plans change, though. A new, as yet unnamed, knight household will soon stride to war. As it stands, there's three armigers, a Cerastus Knight Atropos, one knight warden on the shelf, and another in the post. I'm interested to see what comes with the new codex, which should be dropping soon.

Birthday present.

I also picked up another armiger on ebay, as three sounds like a good number for a hunting pack. I wanted it to look like a unit commander, so decided to do some converting on him. I added the barrels of a flamestorm cannon from the LR Crusader, and used the body of the cannon to extend the chain blade. I mounted the meltagun on the side of the blade to allow me put one of the sensor arrays from the crusader kit on the carapace, like a commander might have.

Old Man78 likes this.
post #538 of 594 (permalink) Old 04-19-18, 01:27 PM
Closet Dictator

I love the knight models and can't wait till the armigers come out separately, so I can have a few askari for my own knight. I love your paint scheme too, similar to my marines
Khorne's Fist likes this.

post #539 of 594 (permalink) Old 04-19-18, 09:50 PM
Closet Dictator

Don't worry about the possessed lad, rule of cool is #1 , though with a death guard army spotting the difference between them and "normal" looking death guard won't be easy.

On a side note, I'm close to a playable marine contingent, a horrible hodge podge of units but painted! I may have to challenge you to a dual in the late summer.

post #540 of 594 (permalink) Old 04-20-18, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Just give me a time and date and I'll be there.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode