A Plastic Crack Addiction. SWs, Knights, DG, Necromunda, and more. - Page 28 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

349Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #271 of 594 (permalink) Old 06-22-14, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
yeah some of the tanks they used were fucking tiny, you should check out some of the American Tank Destroyers in particular!
I know, but this thing is only half the size of an m10 or m18. It's actually a lot smaller than the armoured car above, so much so I'm wondering if Warlord have actually fucked up the scale.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 594 (permalink) Old 06-22-14, 08:28 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...higan_2006.jpg

Cant just post the image sorry, the tank is tiny, 14 feet long 8 feet wide, just a tracked machine gun literally

post #273 of 594 (permalink) Old 07-23-14, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Bought my first GW model for nearly two years yesterday, or rather, had it bought for me. A SM librarian that up to now I refused to pay €25 for. With the (hopefully) imminent new SW codex I decided to make it into a Rune Priest and enter it in this month's conversion comp.

I thought it might take a while, but I got it done in a couple of hours. I only ended up using the arms, head and rear torso (minus the cloth and plus the wolf pelt) of the Libby, everything else is SW. The back pack is from Canis. I really like the way the bones on it appears to halo the psychic hood.

post #274 of 594 (permalink) Old 07-23-14, 09:54 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

I absolutely love that Librarian model, but the price tag makes me flinch away every time I'm lovingly caressing its blister pack in the store. Same goes for the limited run "special captains" (Master of Supplies, Master of Recruits, whatever they are--the second set of 4 captains that made up an Apocalypse formation, or whatnot).

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #275 of 594 (permalink) Old 07-29-14, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
I absolutely love that Librarian model, but the price tag makes me flinch away every time I'm lovingly caressing its blister pack in the store.
Same here. I just couldn't spend that much on one mini, when for the same price I could pick up a box of 25 US marines for Bolt Action. However, when the wife offered, I couldn't really say no.

With the forthcoming SW codex, I thought I better get this month's Army Painting challenge units done before the Evil Empire sucks me back in with those sweet new minis. The camo pattern was a bit of a pain to get the way I wanted it, but I'm happy with how it came out. Not sure what I'm doing with the basing yet, so I'll leave it till later in the project.

Last edited by Khorne's Fist; 07-29-14 at 11:50 PM.
post #276 of 594 (permalink) Old 07-30-14, 02:02 AM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

Looks good! Did the marines change outfits for their fighting in the jungles and beaches of the pacific islands or was it all done in olive drab? Because beach and tropics basing could be rather fun to do.

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #277 of 594 (permalink) Old 07-30-14, 03:37 AM
Irn Bru 32!

Nacho libre's Flag is: Scotland

Man i think this thread just gave me the kick up the arse to start a bolt action army. Thanks kp, there goes more of my dosh.
post #278 of 594 (permalink) Old 07-31-14, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqiel View Post
Did the marines change outfits for their fighting in the jungles and beaches of the pacific islands or was it all done in olive drab?
They mostly wore olive drab, but some units did have access to the double sided camo uniforms like the helmet cover. I will toy with some camo smocks and trousers in the rifle squads when I get around to them. It should be interesting, because if I do a shirt in the brown pattern, I'd have to do the collar in the green or vice versa, because they were reversible. As for basing, I'll probably go with a sandy base with some sort of jungle foliage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho libre View Post
Man i think this thread just gave me the kick up the arse to start a bolt action army. Thanks kp, there goes more of my dosh.
Go for it. It's a great system,definitely the most enjoyable I've played in 25 years of wargaming. On top of that you can get a whole 1000pt army on the table for the same price as an Imperial Knight.
post #279 of 594 (permalink) Old 08-11-14, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

More SW goodness. I bought the stormwolf over the weekend, but am waiting to get a few more bits for a conversion I have planned for it, but couldn't resist making an Iron Priest from the pilot bits to enter in this month's conversion competition, because I wasn't going to put such tasty bits in a cockpit where they'd barely be visible.

The Wolf Lord's council group shot. Hoping to get all these guys painted up in the next month or so.

Last edited by Khorne's Fist; 08-11-14 at 03:09 PM.
post #280 of 594 (permalink) Old 08-28-14, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

More USMC minis. I was hoping to have considerably more of this army done by now considering I've had a good bit of spare time lately, but it was not to be. A medic team, sniper, and the bones of a rifle squad. There's also a hint at a new(old) project in the back there as well.

Gotta love Blood for the Blood God.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode