Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Legions of Undeath

5K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  Farseer Darvaleth 
#1 · (Edited)
Thousands of years before the coming of Sigmar a power was flourishing in the south. The people of Nehekhara, a mighty civilization led by great kings and rulers. Raised from their tombs by an evil priest, the Kings of Nehekhara, the Tomb Kings and their masses of skeleton warriors seek to destroy the evil that has brought them to undeath and rid the world of their greatest enemies, the Vampires of Lahmia.
Followers of Khonsu, the moon god, the Tomb King Khalfani and his undead legions roam the arid deserts, gathering power to destroy the vampires and restore their former empire.

____________________​

With a new year comes a new army, and that new army is Tomb Kings. A huge shopping spree in an Independent Stockist landed me with this;

-Warhammer Rulebook
-Warhammer Armies: Tomb Kings
-1 Tomb King with Great Weapon
-1 Liche Priest, Foot and Mounted
-Tomb Kings Battalion
-3 boxes of Skeleton Warriors
-2 Boxes of Chariots
-1 Tomb Guard Command and 3 boxes of Tomb Guard
-1 Screaming Skull Catapult
-3 blisters of Carrion
-1 Tomb Scorpion
-Warhammer Dice
-Warhammer counters set
-1 Movement tray
-Fortified Manor House
-Pin Vice
-Drill bits for the Pin Vice
-Cool water pot thingy
-Some snacks
-Some cards for a bit poker between builds (They're magic and let me cheat:grin:)

So all together that's;

80 Skeleton Warriors
9 Chariots
8 Horsemen
1 Tomb King
2 Liche Priests (foot + mounted)
1 Screaming Skull Catapult
1 Tomb Scorpion
3 Carrion
20 Tomb Guard
= 125 models and a wounded wallet
____________________​
So, after days of assembling this is what I have:

SSC, pinned and glued (bugger to make).

A unit of spear warriors with the champion.

A Scorpion with a little extra support

My Heirophant, Khonshotep on his steed. He'll usually be high priest and run around with my other cav. I've almost finished the horse, more pics coming soon.
____________________​
More background and pictures and even an army list to come. Possibly VC's as well...
Any questions just ask.

See less See more
#5 ·
Right update 1:

I've finished the horse for my Liche Priest, Khonshotep. Here it is:

I sprayed the model white then gave a heavy wash in all the right places. A direct appliance of devlan mud to the cracks only shaded it more. I then painted bleach bone, leaving the recesses dark. I then finely hilighted with skull white. The base is a covering of sand with watered down PVA brushed over, then a bestial brown base coat. I then heavily drybrushed snakebite leather, then drybrushed bubonic brown, then lightly drybrushed bleached bone. I stuck on some Galeforce9 straw static grass and a few stones painted to look deserty.

Keep watching out for more!

#6 · (Edited)
Ok, my first army list. it's 2500 points.

Lord
Tomb King
Armour of the Ages
Golden Ankhra
Great Weapon
Total-256

Hero
Liche Priest
Heirophant
Skeletal Steed
Staff of Mastery
Total-163

Hero
Tomb Prince
Chariot
Icon of Rulership
Total-165

Core
Skeleton Warriors x20
Light Armour
Spears + Shields
Musician
Standard Bearer
Champion
Banner of the Undying Legion
Total-250

Core
Skeleton Warriors x20
Total-160

Core
Skeleton Warriors x20
Total-160

Core
Skeleton Warriors x20
Total-160

Core
Chariots x3
Standard Bearer
Mirage Standard
Total-180

Core
Chariots x3
Standard Bearer
Total-140

Core
Chariots x3
Standard Bearer
Total-140

Core

Skeleton Light Horsemen
Standard Bearer
Champion
Total-140

Special
Tomb Scorpion
Total-85

Special
Carrion x3
Total-72

Special
Tomb Guard x20
Musician
Champion
Standard Bearer
Icon of the Sacred Eye
Total-320

Rare
Screaming Skull Catapult
Skulls of the Foe
Total-110

OVERALL TOTAL - 2501

So, what do ya think? I know not many play TK but some people might be able to help.
Thanks.
(I only play friendlies so the extra point won't really matter)

#9 ·
As a fellow TK player I must say you are brave to start them now. Rumours are that the TK's new book comes out this spring so everything you do now might change. That said, the bone on the steed looks very nice indeed and I can only imagine the rest will as well. I also like the poses of the spearmen as they don't look as static as most do.

As for the list, please post that in the Warhammer Armylists section, not in the hobby log.

#10 · (Edited)
I have.
Do you want me to remove it?
I just thought it might be helpful to have everything in one place, not only for me but for my readers.
Anyway, thanks for the comment. I don't really care about a new army book coming out, I can just adjust.

I'm working on my Liche Priest to go on the horse now, as well as some chariots.
Stay tuned.

#11 ·
Ok, an update on the Liche Priest:

The pics take away so much from the picture, it looks much better in real life, even up close.
I decided to go for a blue instead of the pale purple GW like to use for their Liche Priests, I think it looks better.
Now I've gotta do the rest of the model.

#13 ·
i think that you were right to pick green, it looks good with the bronze. great work

#18 · (Edited)
I've been quite busy:

But of course I didn't stop at one:

I didn't stop at 5 either:

Yes, a whole 60 Skeletal Archers. I must admit I had a bit of help from a family member but 60 is still a lot.

The camera I ordered arrived today so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity for me to take some pics. Also I got a Kaiser Rushforth case, I love it. If you're looking for a good case, although they are thick cardboard, they are amazing.

Much, Much more to come.

Edit: Pics up!

#21 ·
Just 60? :p ( idon't think i've painted 60 models in 3 years...)

If you get a chance it'd be cool to see a shot oif them all ranked up, it's always impressive to see so many models painted to a nice standard.

#22 · (Edited)
I've finished painting my skeletal horsemen:

They came in the batallion, which is the only reason I have them. I heard they're not very helpful...
One doesn't have an arm. I'll fix that.

OK, I think it's time to make a list to paint.

60 Skeletal Archers
20 Skeletal Spearmen
8 Skeleton Light Horsemen
9 Chariots
1 Tomb Scorpion
3 Carrion
1 Screaming Skull Catapult
1 Liche Priest on foot
1 Liche Priest on horse
Tomb King/Prince
Tomb Guard

Key:
Finished
WIP
Not started

So, that's it. I'll get pics of ranked up archers very soon, sometime this week.
On another note, I got some old bits from someone which include a lance for skeletons and a scythe for sketelons. I may buy another box of horsemen and give them lances, I have 2 so I'll convert 8.

Thanks for reading!

#23 ·
I really love how they're looking so far and I like the blue on the Liche Priest's face, I think it looks good. Just one tip though, for the rest of your unpainted models you should remove the mold lines, they subtract from the finished product and they were very apparent on the Skeletal Horseman.

#25 ·
Thanks.
To paint my bone I prime white then wash gryphonne then wash devlan in the recesses. That's why I paint so fast. I'll have a proper tutorial sometime but surprisingly I don't have enough bone left on my models to show you.

I know mould lines are a problem, however it's only on some horses. As far as I can tell nothing I have left to paint has mould lines, apart from maybe some chariots but they are minimal.

Right, time to finish some chariots!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.