Ork Deathskull Waaagh! by piemaster - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-04-10, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

piemaster's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Ork Deathskull Waaagh! by piemaster

This is a log of my Ork Deathskull warband.

Background notes:
They are all part of the Deathskulls clan and all sport looted imperial equipment. The three mobs that are painted I tried to give a rag-tag appearance with a limited colour pallet. The entire warband has the same basic colours and each squad has another unique colour (until I have more mobs than separate colours) - I put this down to different mobs looting from the same enemy squads, but different to the defeated squads looted by other mobs.

Anyway, I am in the middle of making Nobz from scratch. I don't have the money to buy a box of the buggers so boyz and plasticard aplenty for these guys!

I made plasticard additions to the soles of feet, the waist and at the arm-pits to give a raise of about 4-5mm. This marks them out from the rest of the boyz as will plenty of dakka and the like.

Photos (sorry for the shoddyness at times):

Left to right - 'proper' nob, 'DIY nob', boy

I'll have to fill in the waists with green stuff tomorrow and finish them off but for now they'll just have to wait. Oh and I threw a couple of bikes together as well a few months back...

Bigger exhaust...

That's it for now at least. I'll have to sexy up the shoota/rokkit launcher (Its actually a big shoota if I were to use it in game) as I got glue on it. I was making it twin linked in the extreme but it would have been too 'side heavy' so I took the second big shoota off. I'll have to glyph it up later on.

I realise the Nobz entry doesn't allow for big shootas - that's what the old codex is for. To hit people with and say things like "its so much better than the new one - I can't believe I paid good money for the new hunk of junk" and stuff like that. Don't get me wrong, it has its uses... I just prefer the units in 3rd ed.

That's it folks. Thanks for reading this far. I'll reward those who did with occasional updates.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-04-10, 08:56 AM

Fumble Tumble's Flag is: New Zealand

looking good mate, i can see a lot of good progress on this thread, hope it goes well then...

Q:What is the most Ironic death do you reckon ?
A: Umm probably having a hospital land on you

post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-04-10, 10:41 AM
For Da Boss

dirty-dog-'s Flag is: New Zealand

im going to follow this thread, as you have already caught my interest with small conversions to your orks.

omgitsduane's # 1 Fan

Russian Winter Guard Thread

post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-04-10, 11:42 AM

dark angel's Flag is: Wales

Well this, certainly seems interesting. I like your Bikers alot, is that a Shotgun you used the lengthen the exhaust? Nevertheless, plus rep

Nyctophobia- Fear of the Dark Angel.

"No one ever spoke about of those two absent brothers. Their separate tragedies had seemed like aberrations. Had they, in fact, been warnings that no one had heeded?"

'Killing a man is like fucking, boy, only instead of giving life you take it. You experience the ecstasy of penetration as your warhead enters the enemy's belly and the shaft follows. You see the whites of his eyes roll inside the sockets of his helmet. You feel his knees give way beneath him and the weight of his faltering flesh draw down the point of your spear. Are you picturing this?'
'Yes, lord.'
'Is your dick hard yet?'
'No, lord.'
''What? You've got your spear in a man's guts and your dog isn't stiff? What are you, a woman?'
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-04-10, 12:12 PM

Blackheart_101's Flag is: Bosnia Herzegovina

Like dark angel said, looks interesting, and the fluff also sounds intrigueing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
GOLDEN THRONE: Does it include a flush? Or is that what the "custodians" are really there for?
C:\Documents and Settings\Mina\Desktop\jeffbanner[3].jpg
post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-04-10, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys for the comments and your enthusiasm in my project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark angel View Post
is that a Shotgun you used the lengthen the exhaust?
Its the muzzle of an ordinary shoota that I trimmed off and turned upside down. The bikes aren't all that converted really but sport imperial cannisters aplenty.

I forgot to post the picture of the Nobz' big shoota - sorry.

I trimmed off one of the rokkits (to be used later... never throw thingz away!) and added another shoota muzzle. I'll glyph it up on the square to the top-right of the drum magazine as poly cement melted it a-bit.

I'll green stuff it up today and perhaps be finished on this squad this evening. It was great working with plasticard but it took me >2 hours as I had to trace the appropriate sizes in pencil. Hopefully it'll be worth it.

Thanks for looking and if you guys have any suggestions on technique go ahead.
post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-04-10, 02:17 PM
bobss's Flag is: England

Some good conversions from the looks of it mate xD, maybe a hint of Green stuff to smoothern? Although with this being Orks It dosent really matter... :D
post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-04-10, 06:20 PM

Blackheart_101's Flag is: Bosnia Herzegovina

Looks cool, keep it up, would like to see some looted IG vehicles when you get this done ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
GOLDEN THRONE: Does it include a flush? Or is that what the "custodians" are really there for?
C:\Documents and Settings\Mina\Desktop\jeffbanner[3].jpg
post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-04-10, 07:07 PM

Android089's Flag is: Canada

very nice!

I like the big big shoota (+rep)

"I don't care bout dem ard ead space marines i want da city and i don't care bout ow many boyz it takes me ta get it!"
-Agromak orders his boyz to their death

post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-04-10, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

@ Blackheart_101 - One step ahead of you my friend...

Da Krumpa got a bit damaged so I'm going to fix him up a bit (Basilisks are boys don't you know). I need to Orkify him more and do a better paint job but since its painted its at the bottom of the pile for now at least.

Thing is this isn't a new army for me. I've got ~700 points painted. I thought I'd post pics for fun really as I build the newer stuff.

I green stuffed the Nobz but ran out of time to finish them off for today. Normally I wouldn't post anything but since I was already takin' photos I thought I might as well. They've now got arms and heads. They need beefing up with shoulder pads (a few are going to have imperial tank tracks for shoulder pads and front armour plates) and accessorising.

They're packin' 2 big shootas, 2 w sluggas & ccw and 1 w 2 sluggas (power claw counts as choppa but looks cooler and more Nobish). I'll also plasticard some daggs onto various surfaces as well.

Don't know why he's got a chunk out of his leg missing. Its just the camera.

69 Reputation! Oh Yeah!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode