Blood Angel bobblehead sculpt for Charity. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-30-09, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Default Blood Angel bobblehead sculpt for Charity.

Hello all,

This thread is to show progress of two bobbleheads that I am sculpting.

One will be a Blood Angel Space Marine and will be auctioned off for charity shortly after completion in a couple of weeks time. Should make a cool Christmas gift for the winning bidder.

The money will go to a local children's hospice in Guildford, Surrey - http://www.chasecare.org.uk/

The other will be a Slaanesh Chaos Marine for me keeps.

Sculpting material wise All I've used so far is a bobblehead toy as a base, then added miliput applied with the standard GW sculpting tool. Adding water to the surface after everything is in place helps to smooth thing over and I will file/sand the large areas to really make them smooth. Details like a Blood Angel tear drop gem will be done using green stuff and when necessary I will use bits of 40k bits.

Here is the start that I've made to to them.

The one on the left is my first bobblehead based on the Ultramarines Chapter. The one in the middle will be the Blood Angels Marine sculpt with inspired bling from Space Hulk models. And the one on the far right will be the the Slaanesh Marine.

Any input from you guys will be greatly appreciated to make them as cool as possible. At the moment I'm not sure what to arm the Blood Angels Marine with, the last one was armed with a Powerfist and a boltpistol and was a Captain. Which will be better for this one? Bolter, bolt pistol and chainsword/powersword? Should I theme around a Blood Angels character? Need help!

Slaaaaaanesh

NB - here is the video of the Ultramarine bobblehead:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&h...&v=mlb04iz9lvY

Last edited by slaaaaaanesh; 10-31-09 at 06:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-30-09, 01:09 PM

pchandler43's Flag is: USA

Maybe a heavy bolter? This is an cool idea!

"From the darkness we strike: fast and lethal, and by the time our foes can react... darkness there and nothing more."
Raven Guard saying

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-30-09, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Heavy bolter, thats a nice idea, like this across the body? That ammo belt would be a pain to sculpt though, could give it a go. Any votes for making him a beaky?

Slaaaaaanesh

Last edited by slaaaaaanesh; 10-30-09 at 01:30 PM.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-30-09, 01:37 PM

pchandler43's Flag is: USA

Beaky sounds cool. Across the body might be the easiest way

"From the darkness we strike: fast and lethal, and by the time our foes can react... darkness there and nothing more."
Raven Guard saying

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-30-09, 08:50 PM

Fumble Tumble's Flag is: New Zealand

nice.....

i would definately go with giving it a heavy bolter, and the slaanesh should have a chain sword and bolt pistol

Q:What is the most Ironic death do you reckon ?
A: Umm probably having a hospital land on you

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-30-09, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Agreed, Heavy bolter for the blood angel, going to have to make the heavy bolter sharpish so that I can reposition the arms. I plan on doing all sorts of sun things for the Slaanesh marine, will get some sketch work up over the weekend.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-31-09, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Here are my concept sketches for the bobbleheads.

Been looking an Emperor's children thread and it looks like I missed out some stuff in the idea generation like, threaded together armour, and stretchy face skin over armour, and the standard pattern chaos marine detailing on the lower torso and shin pads.

Slaaaaaanesh
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-31-09, 03:16 PM

Very cool idea these bobbleheads are. I can't wait to see them take shape. Based on the ultramarine, these guys will be very cool. Good luck. +rep!

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-31-09, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Salio, glad to hear you like them.

I've repositioned the arms and build frames for the detail work to go on to for a heavy bolter, ammo backpack, and the slaanesh marine's backpack. The heavy bolter will have to point downwards so as not to get in the way of the head movement.

Also trimmed down the mouth piece in preparation for the beaky. I've run out of miliput so will pop to the shops tomorrow.

Slaaaaaanesh
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-10-09, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

So I've made a start to bulking out the rest of the body, and the shins. For the blood angel the beaky is taking shape with vents on the side. The Slaanesh bobblehead has a longermouth vent prepared and I have found a metal warhammer horse tail for the plume.

If you were wondering why the colour of the putty is different, it's because I didn't read the 'terracotta' label on the box. Anyways it's still the same stuff so I will use it for the rest of the build.

Slaaaaaanesh

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode