Death Shroud's Daemons of Chaos - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-13-09, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
!!FailHammer!! Podcaster

Death Shroud's Flag is: England

Default Death Shroud's Daemons of Chaos

I'm really fickle so have problems finishing armies (always something newer and shinier on the horizon). Hopefully keeping a project log will give me the impetus and encouragement to stick with one army till they are finished.

I originally intended to make an all Khorne force but after playing against the Daemons I realise that if I want a competitive list (which I'll need since I'm not a great general) I'll have to go with elements from various chaos gods.

I have done a couple of centrepiece models to start with to test some techniques and give me a reason to finish the rest of the army.

Daemon Prince of Khorne (will use as Skarbrand)

First model finished, skin was mechrite red washed with lot's of Baal red and Badab black then re highlighted (then a dose of Devlan mud)

Herald of Khorne (will use as Skulltaker)

Love this model, it was great fun to paint and fits in with the other Bloodletters far better than the Citadel Skulltaker model. The skin was basecoated with the Vallejo's "Heavy Red" from their new "Extra Opaque" range (their version of Foundation paints). The red is more vivid than Mechrite.

The skin was then washed with a mix of Baal Red and Badab Black (I'd recommend anyone thinking of doing Daemons keeps a pot of this "Khorne Juice" handy).
The skin was then highlighted with thinned down layers of Vallejo "Scarlett Red", "Gory Red" and "Bloody Red" (No prizes for guessing what the GW equivalent of those paints are).

Herald of Khorne (view of "kill")

Read a mention of Tamiya clear red on a project log on Warseer and thought I'd give it a go. Makes amazing looking blood.

Normally i hate the look of people painting all of their blades with red paint to look like they are covered in blood as it looks crap. Khornate Daemons seem to fit the idea far better though (I'm going to try and resist over-using the Clear Red in the army but it's addictive)

Not sure what to work on next, have got Juggernaughts, Daemonettes and Horrors so far, final army list not drawn up yet.

Any tips, suggestions, comments or questions welcome.

[EDIT] Yay! worked out how to post the pictures properly!

Last edited by Death Shroud; 10-13-09 at 02:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-13-09, 12:17 PM

bishop5's Flag is: United Kingdom

They look awesome mate; love the look of them.

Tactica: Infantry Platoons
Quote:
Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch.
Orson Welles
Forum Rules
post #3 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-13-09, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
!!FailHammer!! Podcaster

Thanks Bishop5

OK. I've had a look at the models I own (or am just about to buy in case of the last 5 Horrors) and have drawn up a quick list of what I can field so far.

The idea is that I get a usable 1500pt list constructed so I can get some practice using the army. From there I can buy additional units to add to/replace less effective units.

So far I can field 1185pts
HQ
SkarBrand 300pts
Skulltaker 140pts
ELITES
3 Bloodcrushers (instrument of chaos) 125
TROOPS
10 Bloodletters (chaos icon, instrument of chaos) 190
15 Daemonettes (chaos icon, instrument of chaos) 240
10 Pink Horrors (instrument, bolt, changeling) 190

I have 315pts to fill before I can get some practice in, not sure what to spend it on. A Soulgrinder to give me some firepower, Fiends to give me more speed, Daemon princes to give me more close combat punch, more troops to give me the numbers. What do you think?

Please check out my Daemons of Chaos project log!

A member of the !!FailHammer!! Podcast team

Last edited by Death Shroud; 10-13-09 at 02:34 PM.

post #4 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-13-09, 07:21 PM

piemaster's Flag is: United Kingdom

Wow! They're amazing. Your DP is really good. Not too much blood on his axe and they tongue looks pretty good there as well. A tad of blood splatter on garments might be in order here but they're really really good. If I could paint half as well as you I'd be laughing. Seriously though, they look awesome as they stand.
post #5 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-13-09, 10:03 PM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

Skulltaker is beyond awesome. Its Beawesome. Great conversion and top notch paintjob. The DP is great as well but it is overshadowed by the work on the Skulltaker.

Rep+

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.
post #6 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-14-09, 03:51 AM

Fumble Tumble's Flag is: New Zealand

i have to say your painting overshadows mine by 10000 to 1

Q:What is the most Ironic death do you reckon ?
A: Umm probably having a hospital land on you

post #7 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-14-09, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
!!FailHammer!! Podcaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaantitus View Post
Skulltaker is beyond awesome. Its Beawesome. Great conversion and top notch paintjob. The DP is great as well but it is overshadowed by the work on the Skulltaker.

Rep+
It's not a conversion, it's the forgeworld herald that comes with the Daemon Prince (I wish my converting skills were that good).

Currently building the unit of 15 Daemonettes, will post some pics soon (not very interesting, but it's progress).

Last edited by Death Shroud; 10-14-09 at 08:16 PM.
post #8 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-14-09, 08:59 PM

piemaster's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Shroud View Post

Currently building the unit of 15 Daemonettes, will post some pics soon (not very interesting, but it's progress).
Hey Daemonettes would be pretty cool. Least you're making progress - I've had to put mine on the backburner for a bit [Grrr.]
post #9 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-15-09, 12:02 AM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

My mistake, you deserve the rep anyway. I went and checked it out on the fw website. It is a magnificent model and you have painted it really well. The colors you have used on the corpse(particularly the blood) really made it jump out at me.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.
post #10 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-15-09, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
!!FailHammer!! Podcaster

Thanks for the support it's appreciated.

Not as interesting as painted models but I have some pics of the assembled Daemonettes!

Here they are. I'm using a basing techinque I copied from some friends. Building the base up with Milliput and imbedding GW slate into them. Pinning the model to the base then glue the small GW slate to it. Going for a wasteland look to the bases.

I know a lot of people prefer the previous metal Daemonettes but I love these "girls". It's a mixture of the detail and the fact they returned to the look of the original Daemonette models from the "Slaves to Darkness" era.

Undercoated and ready for painting. I'm a bit nervous about messing these up. I want to paint them well but getting 15 models done to the standard they deserve will be tough.

Like I said, not the most interesting update, will try to get a test model painted and I'll put a picture up.

Last edited by Death Shroud; 10-15-09 at 10:05 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode