The Desolators of Shaantitus - Page 20 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #191 of 210 (permalink) Old 08-20-13, 04:59 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Nice work! Very crisp tanks/'Fiends--might have to steal that metallic style from the latter.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #192 of 210 (permalink) Old 08-20-13, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

They are only basic. Many of these tanks will never see the table top except in apoc games like our last one, so they don't need to be perfect or especially detailed. As for the grey it is just the basecoat grey with a very light drybrush of skull white to pick up the rivets and edges and lighten the grey, that's all. I considered washing all my tanks at one stage but I realised I would need a couple of litres of agrax earthshade to do it. So that got shelved.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.
post #193 of 210 (permalink) Old 08-21-13, 11:11 AM

piemaster's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hey shaantitus,

I like the Ryza turrets (I think) and the simple colour scheme for the tanks. It's also nice to see something different for your Inquisitor. Is he going to be dark mechanicus or something? I like 'em.

post #194 of 210 (permalink) Old 08-22-13, 01:51 AM Thread Starter
Angryman

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

That's it, ryza pattern turrets. As for the inquisitor, yes, he will join my expanding dark mechanicus forces.

Sanity is for the weak.
post #195 of 210 (permalink) Old 08-26-13, 11:43 AM

Lemmy1916's Flag is: Switzerland

Very nice beasts Shaantitus!! love the 'fiends paintjob. The titan looks awesome too, but i would bulk up the abdomen. It looks a bit fragile to me, maybe it could benefit from some additional armor plating between the pistons?
post #196 of 210 (permalink) Old 08-26-13, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Angryman

That first pic of the titan does make it look that way. I will mock up an extra armour plate for the middle when I get back to that one. In the meantime I have finished my dreamforge leviathan #2. It will be a warhound for my chaos marines, in iron warriors livery. I painted up the cc arm but it is unlikely it will get used.

Sanity is for the weak.
post #197 of 210 (permalink) Old 08-26-13, 04:23 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

Great work man. That Leviathan looks awesome! He looks ready to break some sieges.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #198 of 210 (permalink) Old 03-17-14, 12:09 PM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

Wow, what a terrific project log! That Leviathan is fantastic, I wish I'd started him before I undertook mine. There just isn't enough rep I can give for this log, but I'll have to remember to come back in a few days and give more as I refresh myself on your awesome accomplishments!

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #199 of 210 (permalink) Old 07-18-16, 01:44 AM Thread Starter
Angryman

More than 2 years since my last post. However I am getting back on with it. I have, in the last three days, assembled the basics of my final dreamforge leviathan mortis that has been in the box for two years and am now at the point where the conversion and modification can begin. I plan to make this one a bit more demonically possessed and mutated. Particularly I am to add some flesh to the midriff area and bring the skull head to life with demon horns and some mean looking teeth. There will be flesh added to the leg pistons and toes. I am also going to remodel the original scythe arm into a flesh limb. Should have some pics up tomorrow. There is also an old school havoc, some bikers and a few other odd models ready for paint too. Add to that 3 additional weapon arms for the Mortis and the other leviathans (they are all swappable) I will need to check the warhound weapon types to confirm what they are, but they would be the equivalent of the turbolaser, melta cannon and maybe the volcano cannon and a large siege cannon. Not sure what to use that as but it looks way cool.

ExaltedUrizen likes this.

Sanity is for the weak.

Last edited by shaantitus; 07-18-16 at 03:45 AM.
post #200 of 210 (permalink) Old 07-18-16, 09:41 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

wow those cannons are big!

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode