Luna Wolves WIP - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-02-09, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Default Luna Wolves WIP

So with out any more Questions, I have a mission to make a Luna Wolves company.
I am maing them tithed to a Rogue Trader, so they all must ware a tabard with his markings.

here are the first pics.

The start of a librarian.

Let me now what you guys think.

Last edited by grimdisco; 09-02-09 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Fixed the links.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-02-09, 03:50 PM

hey.

liking the models, looking pretty swish. i just about managed to resist doing a luna wolf army after reading the books.=]. unfortunatly i started reading the heros of the space marines, and am nowing painting up a d.pod space marine army lol.

however my only little niggling thing, from a fluff perspective is that luna wolves dont have librarians, infact pretty much none of the P.H chapters did.

but other than that, looking good =]
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-02-09, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

I is implied that maybe some of the lodge members are physkers. But nothing tell otherwise so I am going to use a lesser one.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-02-09, 07:10 PM

Woah those are cool, the banner in paticular is brilliant, the purple and blue make it very eye catching, and that white looks good too, but i dont think the red cloth and robes are doing the model justice, you should try asurman ink then going back over them with scab red up to blood red. fluff wise no legion where allowed to use pychers because they are considered witches.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-03-09, 12:52 AM

Muffinman's Flag is: Canada

I like the banner alot but one thing is wrong with your army from fluff perspective and that is that the Emperor had sanctioned against the use of psyckers therefore none of the Pre heresy Legions had Psykers. (exept for the TSons and look what happened to them.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboytervigon View Post
Go cheese his words are Gouda.
5th Edition Blood Angels: 20/6/16
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-03-09, 01:43 AM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
I like the banner alot but one thing is wrong with your army from fluff perspective and that is that the Emperor had sanctioned against the use of psyckers therefore none of the Pre heresy Legions had Psykers. (exept for the TSons and look what happened to them.)
The Librarian is fine-- the Legions had them, albeit in limited numbers. The Edict of Nikea, where the Emperor censured Magnus for how he proceeded with psychic talent, defined the role and training of psykers in the Legions, and actually mandated that the Legions include Librarians.

The problem with the fluff, however, is the seconding to a Rogue Trader. Rogue Traders are a very post-Heresy thing-- prior to the Heresy, it fell to the Legions to explore the galaxy and reunite humanity. After the Heresy, that still needed to happen, but the decimated Space Marine Legions had to focus on reorganizing and ensuring the continued stability and survival of the Imperium as it existed, so the Rogue Trader charters were created. At this point, the Luna Wolves had become the Sons of Horus, and would have fled to the Eye of Terror following Horus' defeat at Terra.

Space Marines tend not to look favorably upon Rogue Traders, to boot, and tend to view them as petty thugs who have usurped the grand and lofty goals of the Great Crusade from its rightful prosecutors. The only thing that really stops them from coming to blows is the Rogue Trader's charters, which are sanctioned by Terra, and no Space Marine Chapter would dare step on a holy mandate such as that.

I'd decide whether or not these Luna Wolves were part of Horus' expeditionary fleet, or part of another which contained elements of the Luna Wolves Legion; which Grand Company they belong to, and who their Captain is; and when during the Great Crusade the army is supposed to be from. That'll help you piece together the fluff for the army a bit better, and will make the models more accurate representations of the Luna Wolves from established fluff.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-03-09, 03:43 AM Thread Starter

I was under the impression that Rogue Traders, were also preharesy.. According to the fluff in the First ed book Chapter Approved "book of the astrononican" . In this book it states that Space marine units up to one company may be put under his command..

Rogue traders were around preharesy, like Psy-Trader Potaex Hitsen.

here is a link to the history of Rogue Traders.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Rogue_Trader

Some have been dispatched by the Emperor him self.

But I can use the help and would appreciate it vary much.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-03-09, 04:01 AM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Things have changed a lot since the days of Rogue Trader-- modern 40k is pretty drastically different from Rogue Trader in fluff terms. For example, the Crimson Fists aren't a First Founding Legion, nor are the Rainbow Warriors; the game takes place ten thousand years after the Heresy, not during the same general time as the Great Crusade and Heresy (which were then in the year 40,999, as opposed to the middle of M31 as they are now.)

Lexicanum's wiki articles are dated and flawed at best-- it's far better to read fluff texts yourself-- Black Library novels (in some cases, at any rate-- things like the Blood Angels series don't stack up with canon fluff either), Black Library background books like the Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer, the Visions of Heresy art books series (which actually has a fair bit of fluff and a general overview of the Horus Heresy in it), the codecies, the main rulebook, the Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader roleplaying game books, and things along those lines are good places to look.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-03-09, 04:24 AM Thread Starter

I have cross checked them, and the wiki is correct with the fluff. I did not just look up a wiki, I have spent the better part of 6 months researching this concept army. Now we can argue the fluff till the cows come home (as you have stated the fluff changes depending on which book you read.)
Or we can share ideas on how to make a cool army (your choice, I can do ether)
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-03-09, 04:53 AM

Trevor Drake's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimdisco View Post
I have cross checked them, and the wiki is correct with the fluff. I did not just look up a wiki, I have spent the better part of 6 months researching this concept army. Now we can argue the fluff till the cows come home (as you have stated the fluff changes depending on which book you read.)
Or we can share ideas on how to make a cool army (your choice, I can do ether)
If yall want to argue fluff, take it to the fluff section where it belongs. This is project logs for modeling and painting.

Good work on your wolves, would love to see more.

Quote:
Trevor_Drake: If you invested $1,000 in Delta Airlines last year, you would have made $43. In AIG, you would have made $33. In Leihman Brothers you would have made $0. Spent that money on beer and recycled the empty cans, you would have made $214. I call it a 401-keg.
Trevor_Drake: Americans walk roughly 900 miles per year, and consume on average 22 gallons of beer a year, so the average american gets 41 miles to the gallon!

Grish: hahaha
Katie_Drake: XD

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode