I managed to pick up all my stuff last week. So I now have all my minis!
I had an all day wargaming event on Saturday with my uni society. I wanted to start playtesting my tau, so as to get them ready for the nationals in easter. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough assembled, so I spent a few nights manically gluing tanks together. Unfortunately didn't get any extra fire warriors sorted, but I borrowed some from a mate (this also meant I managed to take my chaos along as well which was fun!).
I only managed one game with the Tau. Against my mates marines that he's been using on the tourney circuit. I lost. Badly.
1. learn to use markerlights better
2. don't split your force up
3. possibly exchange the skyray for some broadsides.
I am giving this last option some thought. However I want to playtest the ray a bit more before I give up on it (also haven't got money for broadsides atm.) I found I struggled against armor. 2 railguns just isn't enough.
Anyway, onto the pics.
All my new armor (most still need paint and gap filling):
Close up on the pathfinder fish. The new hatch is a drone top and antenna. Found the idea whilst on the web. Haven't been able to relocate the webpage though. If you're reading this and it was your idea, thanks for the inspiration! Looks more stealthy now, which is more suitable in my mind.
The new hammerheads:
The railgins are magnetised, I've just got to get round to doing the ion cannon. The other devilfish and the skyray you have seen before. Unfortunately the skyay I bought from the shop (currently equipped as a hammerhead, giving me a spare ray turret) had the same engine miscasts I've had on some of my devilfish. I went to GW and when they opened another to replace the damaged sprue, that one was damaged as well, so they gave me the whole kit! So I got a free skyray/hammerhead (will be put together for the odd apoc game). I can fix the engines with a bit of plasticard, so its win!
I've also put together the third fire warrior squad. I'm trying to get everythiong assembled over the coming weeks, so I can start playtesting properly. The idea behind these guys is that they are carefully advancing, watching for the enemy, not engaged like the previous 2 squads. Not perfect, but I like the overall effect.
Guy on the right needs a bit of GS to sort his shoulder, but I'm really pleased with him. I'm going to do this when I mix a batch for the pathfinders rather than wasting it mixing some for such a small area. The binoculars are spares from a devilfish frame.
One more squad of fire warriors, the pathfinder conversions then all I've got left is to get everything painted (and possibly convert up some broadsides!).
Untill next time