I decided to put together the two battleforce and the commander and one I got given together. I've now finished the cutting/gluing/drilling phase, so here they are ready for ubdercoat. The wepons are fully magnetised so any wepon/upgrade will fit onto any arm or shoulder mount, giving me a very versatile set of models.
Here we go. Sorry for the blurry pics, my camera's battery started to die, so its focus isn't as good. (I've taken the pics with them magged to my planned tourney wepon configs).
Fireknife Commander O'Kais J'kaara Ka (Commander skilful mirror strike). The bent rod will eventually be replaced with a wire rod and he'll have a banner. He's meant to be in a pose which suggests he's holding the line, marshalling his troops to better positions. The 'shield' is made from a gun drone, and is purely decorative, it has no in-game effect. Thankfully the magnets holding the wepons to the arms are strong enough to hold it in place through the wepon, without the need for extra modification (makes it optional, without leaving an unsightly bare magnet on show.).
Monat Crisis Suit - Fireknife config
This guy is meant to look like he is advancing whilst shooting. Was a bit tricky to get the legs right and required a bit of trimming here and there, but I'm fairly happy with it. The slight lean was a happy accident, which I think adds to the look of movement.
Monat Crisis suit - Fireknife config
A 'come on then if you think you're hard enough' pose. Not very tau, but I still quite like it.
Monat Crisis suit - Sunforge config.
OK, technically not sunforge, as he hasn't got a targeting array. But twin linked fusion blasters. Wanted it to look like he'd swept in from an orca or manta passing overhead behind an enemy tank, swepping in to take it out.
Finally, a pic of all the other options, all magnetised to swap out for others as needed.
Some may have noticed the head in the bottom left corner. This is magged to be switchable with the sunforge head. One will have a blue lens like the rest, the other possibly red to represent the blacksun filter option. I just need to find something to cover the unsightly bare mangnet on the shoulder for when I use this option.
Bought some large (60mm) bases from bits and kits today. Going to use them for my vehicles, as I think they'll look better on proper bases. Cost 7 quid, which brings my current budget to £8 for the rest of the month.
3 more firewarriors are almost finished white, just one more coat (not worth a photo). Three more need three coats, then they're nearly there.
Not sure how much I'll get done by next week, as I've got a wedding, but I'll se what I can do. C&C. Also suggestions for names of the un-named crisis suits are welcome. I've only got four in the tourney list. May as well give them names.
Thanks for looking.
Thanks for looking.