WIP Imperial Fists - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-08-09, 12:33 AM Thread Starter
The Yellow King

Azwraith's Flag is: Australia

Default WIP Imperial Fists

hey all i have been just working on doing some Imperial fists and i started a prac marine last night i just wanna know what you think

most of the armor is done how i want i just need to do the metalics.
(and yeah i got my finger in the light so there is a big shadow )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Spikey View Post
I wore my first dress about 15-16- no reason for it, I was just sat in the props room at school writing an essay and decided to try on the leopard print top and mini-skirt, even threw on a blonde wig, and I must admit the breeze to my gentlemen was a rare delight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-08-09, 01:27 AM

Underground Heretic's Flag is: USA

Yellow's not a color I use in my army, but you have definitely got a good job of it going.

That which doesn't kill me has made a tactical mistake.

Rites of Battle Your source for 40k opinions, news, and hobby updates.
post #3 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-08-09, 02:58 AM

Nice job there Az. Not too experienced with yellow, but you're doing a good job.

"Gloriam Imperator! The Firstborn Stand!"
Click for Vostroya and the Emperor!

Into the Fires of Battle, Unto the Anvils of War!
Click Me!

post #4 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-08-09, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
The Yellow King

i have finished the body of the above marine and it is below for your viewing pleasure please C&C also i need to fix up the freehand fist a little but im pretty happy with it!

my first attempt to airbrush my basecoat it came out a bit to thick.. i think i will get it right next time!

if you have any tips for cleaning an airbrush please advise!

Quote:
I wore my first dress about 15-16- no reason for it, I was just sat in the props room at school writing an essay and decided to try on the leopard print top and mini-skirt, even threw on a blonde wig, and I must admit the breeze to my gentlemen was a rare delight.

Last edited by Azwraith; 07-09-09 at 12:09 AM.
post #5 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-08-09, 04:51 PM

Inquisitor Varrius's Flag is: Canada

Nicely done! Yellow can be a huge pain, but it looks good here. Less 'sunshine and buttercups' but more of an actual suit of power armour. What colour is the 2nd guys cloth going to be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucio View Post
Camo is the color of cowardice but if the only ones to call you a coward are now a puddle of plasma there isnt a problem.
post #6 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-08-09, 05:30 PM
Icarus Miniatures

imm0rtal reaper's Flag is: Wales

I think the second attempt looks worlds better than the first, looks much cleaner and smoother. I'd definatley stay on course with the airbrushing method!

Good work dude!

post #7 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-08-09, 11:01 PM

Damned Fist's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
my first attempt to airbrush my basecoat it came out a bit to thick.. i think i will get it right next time!
Part of the learning curve. A few "light" coats will leave you with a very smooth surface to work with. Keep it up
post #8 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-09-09, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
The Yellow King

Final Update!

i have finished the marine please look for your viewing please and C&C i tried to do a marble base dont know how well it turned out if you want pics of it please let me know as they guy is not glued down... just pinned

Quote:
post #9 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-10-09, 12:47 AM
Icarus Miniatures

imm0rtal reaper's Flag is: Wales

A good start. But I've got some suggestions that will bring these models up leaps and bounds. First off though, the yellow itself is very well done, as I said, particularly on the airbrushed model. But there are some things you need to do to bring their level up a notch.

First off, tidy up the fist on his knee. Bring the fingers in closer, as at the moment it doesn't really resemble the IF logo too much. Work slowly and it will look much nicer.
Also there a few places that need touch ups (soft armour in wrist joint is still yellow for example)

Secondly, regarding the battle damage (as i assume that is what the effect on the rear of the leg is) I think you should either spread the damage across the whole model, or not do any, because at the moment it doesn't really look "right" to me.

Next, I think you definatley need to choose a company to do, so that you can paint the shoulder trims a different colour. At the moment there is a little too much yellow on the top half of the model, painting the trims a diferent colour would help break apart the one colour look.

Lastly, paint the rims of your bases, this is a small thing that makes the world of difference. just giving them two coats of bestial brown will make the model look much more finished.

As i said, this is an exceptionally good start and my hat goes off to you for choosing such a difficult colour (I still wish I had the balls to make a proper go off yellow)
Once you've done a few things to just tidy it up and get a little more detail in there, you will have a really great looking model

hope this helps

Reaper

post #10 of 76 (permalink) Old 07-10-09, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
The Yellow King

thanks heaps for the help now i have a few quesions on your C&C

1. it was my first attempt at freehand im still not very good but im getting there! maybe i should take it off if i cant get it right?

2. soft armour in wrist joints is still yellow? i dont understand i thought i got red wash into those ....

3. the "battle damage" isnt battle damage its supposed to be like the paint has rubbed off as he has moved through his surroundings.

4. mm i guess you are right about the shoulder trims i just got lazy

5. the rims are painted black i like them black the paint is just still wet in the pictures

thank you heaps for your comments

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode