DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!! Aegius' Eagle warriors log. - Page 15 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 181 (permalink) Old 12-13-10, 07:21 PM

What did you use to weather the tanks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 181 (permalink) Old 12-13-10, 07:36 PM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Just read through your whole plog her Aegius and I have to say that I am extremely impressed at the time and attention you lavish on each one of your models. It makes things take longer but, brother, it is well worth it. You have an amazing army, all of the models are fantastic from the crispness of the painting to the posing and the basing. Excellent work sir. You should be proud of what you have accomplished. I will be looking forward to seeing more of your work.

I would also like to know how you achieved the weathering on your vehicles?

Finally +rep sir. I would give you more if I could

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here
post #143 of 181 (permalink) Old 12-14-10, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

aegius's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiehawk View Post
What did you use to weather the tanks?
I just followed the advice on this article using scorched brown, graveyard earth and bleached bone.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/co...e=true&start=5

post #144 of 181 (permalink) Old 12-14-10, 01:01 PM
Boc
Like a Bawss

Boc's Flag is: USA

Okay, just plowed all the way through this plog and, as everyone else has stated, your work is simply amazing. The cleanliness of the lines, the crispness of the white, the natural flow of the poses from model to model are all simply phenominal.

As a question, are all of your bases custom built or have you purchased any and if so, from where? It has made my own attempts at basing seem quite paltry haha.

Amazing work all around, +rep

Heresy-Online's Expeditious Stories Challenge 13-06: "Serenity" has started, get your stories in by July 11th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
3. Nothing Boc said should ever be taken seriously. Unless he's talking about being behind you. Then you run like fuck.
post #145 of 181 (permalink) Old 12-14-10, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Thanks very much for all the nice comments and the +rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boc View Post
As a question, are all of your bases custom built or have you purchased any and if so, from where? It has made my own attempts at basing seem quite paltry haha.
I make my own bases. I only have a small collection of items that I use, but I try new things out every now and then. I'll give a quick run down of some of the items I use

sand - this is a mixture of gw sand, display sand from ikea and very small pieces of slate.
PVA glue - for sticking down the sand
superglue - for sticking down grass and flock
plastic glue - for sticking down girders 'n shizz
plastic tubing - get this from a hobby store, you are looking for a few different sizes
plastic girders - again, from a hobby store
Gw basing kit - different sizes of slate and the brass etched stuff
car body mesh - from somewhere like halfords
various types of static grass and flock - from any hobby store
city of death components - don't use all the parts when building your Cities of death buildings.

I think that pretty much covers it.

When you are building your bases try and think of what sort of look you are going for and don't overdo it. If you are building a 10 man squad you don't want to have 10 massively unique bases as it will be too much. In many of my squads I only have 1 or 2 highly detailed bases, this draws the eye, just think of the rest of the squad as a frame for those members. These same rules really apply when you are building your models.

I hope this has helped.
post #146 of 181 (permalink) Old 12-14-10, 08:38 PM
Boc
Like a Bawss

Boc's Flag is: USA

Aye, immensely. It seems I need to start thinking about themes for my squad bases for my 2011 Army Challenge.

Thanks for the advice, and I certainly look forward to seeing your continued progress!

Heresy-Online's Expeditious Stories Challenge 13-06: "Serenity" has started, get your stories in by July 11th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
3. Nothing Boc said should ever be taken seriously. Unless he's talking about being behind you. Then you run like fuck.
post #147 of 181 (permalink) Old 12-15-10, 12:49 AM

Brother Azeek's Flag is: USA

I must say, amazing work! your Models truely are impressive.

I have a question for you, it doesnt realy have to do with the scheme or bases or whatever.

How do you stay motivated? I noticed that sometimes your updates come few and far between, as you get side-tract with other things. What keeps you into the painting? I think I am the worst about getting side-tract and never finishing my models. What is your secret!

post #148 of 181 (permalink) Old 12-15-10, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Azeek View Post
I must say, amazing work! your Models truely are impressive.

I have a question for you, it doesnt realy have to do with the scheme or bases or whatever.

How do you stay motivated? I noticed that sometimes your updates come few and far between, as you get side-tract with other things. What keeps you into the painting? I think I am the worst about getting side-tract and never finishing my models. What is your secret!
ahha! An interesting question, I paint because I enjoy painting. Sometimes I don't want to paint, so I don't, sometimes I get distracted by other armies/things, so I do those instead. I find that if I force myself to do something, it doesn't get done as well as I'd like it to, I've got a few models like this, but most of them are from my early work, or the last member or two from a 10 man squad that I've gotten bored of doing. Luckily, I've got a huge collection of painted models now, so whenever I add something, its just a unit of what I want to add, not something that I have to add just in order to get a legal army.

One thing I have found that can motivate me to paint more though is gaming. I don't very often get any games in now as my gaming group have become a little bit unreliable, but when I look through my log I can pinpoint games that I have played just by seeing how much work I had gotten completed. For example, I completed my 10 man assault squad and my Ironclad dreadnought in a week because I had a game coming up. Now that I'm not gaming and its pretty cold in my painting room updates are a little less frequent.
post #149 of 181 (permalink) Old 12-19-10, 12:55 PM

Do you use FW weathering powders? Ive just ordered some and wonder how good they are/ simple to use?
post #150 of 181 (permalink) Old 01-27-11, 04:48 PM

DrinCalhar's Flag is: USA

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode