DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!! Aegius' Eagle warriors log. - Page 12 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #111 of 181 (permalink) Old 03-22-10, 06:07 PM

CMDR_VELIK's Flag is: USA

great stuff Aegius.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 181 (permalink) Old 03-24-10, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

aegius's Flag is: United Kingdom

Thanks for the comments and rep everyone.

As promised, I've gone and gotten myself distracted again.

I was on the train from Bristol to Neath and I thought to myself 'how many lascannons can I cram into an armylist?' So with a 2 hour trip to fill time with I wrote an army list with as many lascannons as I could cram into it. I'm not building the list, but I decided that I really, really want to have some lascannon armed sternguard now. The good news is that I already have 5 sternguard painted. 1 of them does have a heavy flamer, but I'll replace that one easily enough with a lascannon veteran.

I really should get on with the assault marines and drop pods, but this guy is going to look sooooooo cool when he's finished.
post #113 of 181 (permalink) Old 03-25-10, 02:14 PM

RhYn0's Flag is: United Kingdom

Some great stuff here, well done you

post #114 of 181 (permalink) Old 03-27-10, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Um?

Err?

Ah?

I kinda got distracted again. I promise that I'll get the assault squad done at some point. I'm sure you'll all forgive me though, because I couldn't resist the lure of having a Master of the forge any longer:

I can't promise that I won't get distracted again, but I am slowly running out of models that can distract me.
post #115 of 181 (permalink) Old 03-27-10, 06:22 PM
Icarus Miniatures

imm0rtal reaper's Flag is: Wales

As always, another wonderful distraction. Great job mate.

post #116 of 181 (permalink) Old 04-17-10, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

I finished the lascannon sternguard, I hope you like:

I've also made a sergeant model, as I'm fed up with paying 25pts on a powerfist when I could get another sternguard model instead:

As promise, I've also finished the first half of the assault squad without jump packs:

Sadly, I've not finished the drop pod, but I have built the other half of the squad too:

On top of all of this work on my marines, I've also found a bit of time to work on my Imperial guard army. Here are the first 6 models in my conscript squad:

I have to admit, that it does suck spending 2-3 hours each on a 4 point model, but I just love the old necromunda figures, and I think they are worth the extra time.
post #117 of 181 (permalink) Old 04-18-10, 12:43 AM
Icarus Miniatures

imm0rtal reaper's Flag is: Wales

Good job on the latest stuff mate. Any chance of some other angles of the lascannon boy, would like a better look

post #118 of 181 (permalink) Old 04-18-10, 02:11 AM
Bleh

Marneus Calgar's Flag is: England

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the fact that I have missed this thread for so long. Honestly, it's only today that I have actually looked at it.

Secondly, this thread is FREAKING AWESOME!! I absolutly love the paint scheme each model looks really nice, looking through this makes me want to paint strip all my ultramarines just to paint them Eagle Warriors. Also, I love the bikers, the way you've spent time just making those poses just makes them look awesome.

+Rep you most definitely deserve it.
post #119 of 181 (permalink) Old 04-18-10, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imm0rtal reaper View Post
Good job on the latest stuff mate. Any chance of some other angles of the lascannon boy, would like a better look
I'll take some more pictures later on today. I have to agree that the picture I've posted doesn't show a lot, but the batteries were running out on my camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marneus Calgar View Post
Firstly, I would like to apologise for the fact that I have missed this thread for so long. Honestly, it's only today that I have actually looked at it.

Secondly, this thread is FREAKING AWESOME!! I absolutly love the paint scheme each model looks really nice, looking through this makes me want to paint strip all my ultramarines just to paint them Eagle Warriors. Also, I love the bikers, the way you've spent time just making those poses just makes them look awesome.

+Rep you most definitely deserve it.
ooooo, The master of the ultramarines wants to be an Eagle Warrior now.

I'd like to thank everybody for the kind comments and +Rep I've recieved, they really keep me motivated to paint.

Right, off to do some more painting.
post #120 of 181 (permalink) Old 04-20-10, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

first off, an apology; I said that I'd post another picture of the lascannon sternguard 'today', and that was 2 days ago.

Secondly, I've finished the new sternguard sergeant. I really need to work on my picture taking, because this picture makes him look really badly painted. Well I can assure you, he looks a lot nicer than this in person

Hopefully I'll have something else to show you in a few days time, we'll see.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode