DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!! Aegius' Eagle warriors log. - Page 11 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 181 (permalink) Old 03-08-10, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

aegius's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by primeministersinsiter View Post
Do you have a biker just being a biker?
I did that with one of my scout bikes and it looked pretty rad, just one guy going for the business.
This is something that I've considered. Let's face it, it's going to have to happen someday, but I'm going to try and do that in a different squad. I'm trying to make the entire 10 man squad interact with each other. So I'm looking for something stationary for the next 4 men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubamansam View Post
maby have a biker fixing a flat tire? lol
I think you might have just suggested the idea of the century. I've already built the next bike, so I won't be able to do that to this one, but I WILL be doing it on the next one.

Quote:
seriosly though maby one piking his bike out of a ditch like a bomb went off in front of him and there was no time to avoide the crater?
I'm taking this idea too, but that will be another squad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosrider View Post
Or maybe instead of getting back on, he could be getting thrown off? HE COULD BE NUT BARING!!! if you did that, you would be a freaking LEGEND!
I like this idea too.

I'm writing all of these down and putting them on my pinboard, so that I don't forget any of them. You will be seeing all of these things in time.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnywho! back to updates. Let me introduce you to chaplain Sipian:

I had already painted one of these guys when it was first released. I rushed it though and was never particularly happy with the outcome. I started this particular incarnation of him about 2 years ago, but never got around to finishing it. I got a bit bored of painting blue and white guys yesterday and dug this model out of my 'to do' pile. Please ignore the bone colour, it hasn't come out too well in the photo. It does actually look a lot nicer in person.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 181 (permalink) Old 03-08-10, 10:46 PM

scubamansam's Flag is: England

looks good
do you have any assualt squads for him torun around with?
post #103 of 181 (permalink) Old 03-08-10, 11:07 PM

primeministersinsiter's Flag is: Canada

How about an unhelmeted dude shielding his eyes looking in the distance?
Maybe another could be taking cover being the bike?

"You left the objective? I see you have the tactical genuis of a soap dish."

post #104 of 181 (permalink) Old 03-09-10, 01:32 AM

i'm also liking your bases.. as with everything else, done to a high standard.. i'll give you some +rep just for your bases...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegius View Post
As for adding weathering, didn't you know that marines never get dirty, they are too cool.
post #105 of 181 (permalink) Old 03-12-10, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubamansam View Post
looks good
do you have any assualt squads for him torun around with?
He does, but I intend to give him a prettier one to run around with at some point soon(ish)

Quote:
Originally Posted by primeministersinsiter View Post
How about an unhelmeted dude shielding his eyes looking in the distance?
Maybe another could be taking cover being the bike?
This has given me an idea. I'm going to have a tech adept changing the tyre, while the marine guards him. This way I get to paint a bit of red too.

And now to updates:

I've been busy this week with a bit of this and a bit of that. I've had multiple appointments and I had to go raiding on WoW. I have been busy with the painting too though.

I've finished 2 guys from the assault squad, the second one will have a decent base, but I'm waiting for glue 'n stuff to dry first. 2 more to paint and then I think I'm going to have to pick them up a drop pod to harrass people with.

As well as painting the assault marines, I have been touching up the paint on a model here and replacing a model there, but nothing I really want to show in this log if I'm to be honest.
post #106 of 181 (permalink) Old 03-12-10, 05:30 PM

Ahraemane's Flag is: New Zealand

[man i am so jealous of your clean lines... i couldnt paint a straight on a peice of paper with a ruler![QUOTE]

On stuff like LR you could run a strip of tape down the paint line, then trace along it.
post #107 of 181 (permalink) Old 03-17-10, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

eep!! 5 days since my last update. I have been lax

Unfortunately, the reason I've been a bit lax on my updates is simply, I haven't really done anything that I can show you. Well, until yesterday that is. I've picked up another droppod for my collection of deepstriking doom.

Although this kit is a PITA to clean up and build, it is fast becoming one of my favorite GW kits. So far I've painted all the metal areas. Its been nice just smashing paint onto a model for a change.

I'm aiming to get the base coats on for the blue and white tonight, but that all depends on whether I end up getting some gaming in. After I've basecoated it, I'll be leaving it for a while, so that I can finish up the combat squad that I'm about 8.53% of the way through. After I've finished the combat squad, I'll finish the drop pod, then I'll go out and buy the second combat squad. Well, thats the plan anyway. But as with all of my updates, you'll probably see all sorts of stuff before I actually get that lot finished.

Last edited by aegius; 03-17-10 at 03:52 PM.
post #108 of 181 (permalink) Old 03-17-10, 10:18 PM

That metal is looking very.. Metal like. Haha. Keep it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegius View Post
As for adding weathering, didn't you know that marines never get dirty, they are too cool.
post #109 of 181 (permalink) Old 03-17-10, 10:58 PM

scubamansam's Flag is: England

wow looks like theres going to be some steel rain later on and in other news did i see a drednuaght drop pod?

looking great as usual buddie
post #110 of 181 (permalink) Old 03-21-10, 12:31 AM

ryan355's Flag is: England

wow brilliant youve got that half colour scheme perfect well done + rep. by the way could you tell me some tips on how you achieve that perfect half colour scheme as i am going to paint up some brazen claws and it would really help.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode