Starting a Storm of Iron - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Saevio Ferrum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-27-19, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Default Starting a Storm of Iron

Hi all & welcome to this new army blog for my 40k sons of Perturabo,

Having not gotten too far yet, with 15 marines completed to date, I suppose this felt like a decent point to kick off the blog (and whilst I say they're finished, I can now think of half a dozen extra things to do!)

Always having liked the iron warriors I wanted to do something a bit different with this force (oh so much silver!), so my starting point was the idea that this warband is now likely several years into whichever latest siege they're conducting. So they're gonna be grimey. Very grimey, and altogether a bit grimdark. I also wanted to try my hand at a few painting effects (OSL, Verdigris & some weathering powders) as a way of differentiating the army and because, honestly, I hoped they'd look cool.

Anyway, without further ado, squad 1 (also, & quickly, apologies for the camera work, really not my forte):

With some close ups of the aspiring champion, equipped with combi-plasma and servo arm

Some other shots of squads 2 & 3:

And a bit more of a group shot

So the plan going forward is to try and crack on and finish the next squad which will be some havocs toting lascannons, bit of a WIP pic below:

After this I do have 3 Preds, a sorcerer, daemon prince and some more Havocs with autocannons built and undercoated - what might become apparent here is that whilst I can build/convert at an OK pace, I'm such a sloooooow painter,

Anyhow keeping this updated should keep me in line, right? . . . .

Cheers
Old Man78 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-29-19, 10:59 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Lovely work, some of them have a nice Borg look to them. My only critique would be that you didn't bore out the barrels on the weapons but that is just an aesthetic choice. Have a rep cookie

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode