Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Painting random things for fun!

3K views 29 replies 4 participants last post by  DarthDoubleMart 
#1 ·
Recently I've gotten back in to painting things after probably about 5 years of not painting anything. Generally I've been trying to paint one thing a week. It's been a lot of fun!

Here is the first thing I did, to see if I still remembered how to paint.

Attachments

See less See more
#21 ·
Thanks! I just kinda winged it, so I don't remember the exact process. But it was mournfang brown, bugman's glow, agrax earthshade, and reikland fleshshade. Base of of mourfang, washed that with the earthshade I believe. Then bugman's highlights, washed with reikland. Them extreme highlight of bugman's, mostly on the face.

#25 ·
Important fire tip: It's actually brightest where the stuff that's on fire is, and gets less bright toward the outer edges.

As for Straken... Just punching the enemies of Mankind would see too many things gum up his finger joints, I reckon, plus it keeps the acid blood splatter a nice swordlength away :)

Reactions: DarthDoubleMart
#26 ·
haha, yeah I actually got that same fire advice elsewhere too! Did a bit of a facepalm after that lol. Oh well, I'll just explain it away as "because magic". That's a good point about punching things though. The Techpriests would be all over him about properly caring for such sacred technology.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.