Need for Speed - My journey to eliminate the gray tide! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-01-17, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

Spoticus's Flag is: USA

Default Need for Speed - My journey to eliminate the gray tide!

Steve here, and I wanted to take this thread to update my progress of painting through my collection of models. I buy more than I can paint, and that is a problem. I have been working to get much faster and subscribe to the 'arms length' painting approach. I will be posting images here of completed and WIP projects that mirror what I am showing off and working on with my blog. Comments and critiques are welcome.

As of 5/1/2017
2017 models painted: 49 (106% of 2016)
2016 total models painted: 46

I am showing off today Ulantor, the Red Doom. He is a famous Knight Paladin for House Taranis. Today, I wanted to showcase the model and tease a later set of posts about my Slaanesh Subjugator Titan. Let me know what you think!

Pics are attached below. More reading about Ulantor can be found here on my blog. I am looking forward to journeying through the Slaanesh Subjugator titan (scratch-built) painting process and creation with you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ulantor the Red Doom House Taranis Painted 1.jpg (587.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Ulantor the Red Doom House Taranis Painted 4.jpg (397.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Ulantor the Red Doom House Taranis Painted 3.jpg (672.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Ulantor the Red Doom House Taranis Painted 5.jpg (655.4 KB, 12 views)

"The Master said, (the good man) does not grieve that other people do not recognize his merits. His only anxiety is lest he should fail to recognize theirs." - Confucius - The Analects

Fortress Erioch - my wargaming blog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-17, 08:40 AM

Entarion's Flag is: Czech Republic

I don't buy more anymore. Unless there is some new release for space marines. Fortunately I collect only SM. But it is always hard to resist other models.

Knight looks great and clean. I recently took interest in those knight models because of mobile game and plan to do 1-2 Freeblades. And Titan looks awesome.

What armies do you collect and what else will you paint ?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-17, 08:59 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Awesome Subjugator! Go Go Slaanesh Team!

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-02-17, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

I wish that I had your restraint. Thank you for the compliments, I thought to add some weathering, and I may eventually.

As for other armies, I collect Eldar and Dark Eldar, Imperium, and Tyranids. Anything that has a cool model really. That can add to the problem. Any release could be appealing to me.

I still take pride in beating last year's totals already, and I will keep chugging along.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-04-17, 03:04 AM Thread Starter

Good evening! Just finished another model that I have been working on for a long time. The gray tide just took another hit!

Behold, my Herald of Tzeentch on a Burning Chariot!

More images here on my painting blog. Fortress Erioch I have also placed a guide there on how I painted my Herald.

C&C welcome! Have a great night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Herald of Tzeentch on Burning Chariot Painted 4.jpg (512.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Herald of Tzeentch on Burning Chariot Painted 6.jpg (499.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Herald of Tzeentch on Burning Chariot Painted 2.jpg (491.0 KB, 9 views)

"The Master said, (the good man) does not grieve that other people do not recognize his merits. His only anxiety is lest he should fail to recognize theirs." - Confucius - The Analects

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-04-17, 08:14 AM

DaisyDuke's Flag is: United Kingdom

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-04-17, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Thanks. A lot of new ideas and techniques were used on this model. Not all were perfect, but I grew as a painter from this project.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-17, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Default Mk III Iron Warriors Tactical Squad Complete - What do you think?

We often see two different styles of Iron Warriors, a very gritty version where the yellows are muted (30k and forgeworld follows this scheme), and a very colorful style that you see more in 40k where the yellows are a huge contrast to the dark metallics.

I posted a finished squad of the former - Mk III marine squad painted gritty using a tutorial from the Golden D6. Please let me know what you think! Do you prefer this style or the more powerful yellow scheme?

Fortress Erioch: Iron Warriors Tactical Squad Complete - Iron Within! Iron Without!

On a side note, this is the first tactical squad I have ever painted! Shame......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Iron Warriors Tactical Squad Painted 7.jpg (394.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Iron Warriors Tactical Squad Painted 8.jpg (446.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Iron Warriors Tactical Squad Painted 4.jpg (300.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Iron Warriors Tactical Squad Painted 2.jpg (384.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Iron Warriors Tactical Squad Painted 5.jpg (288.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Iron Warriors Tactical Squad Painted 1.jpg (279.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Iron Warriors Tactical Squad Painted 6.jpg (326.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Iron Warriors Tactical Squad Painted 3.jpg (338.6 KB, 10 views)

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-17, 07:18 PM

Entarion's Flag is: Czech Republic

I definitely like the less shiny yellow as it goes nicely with the rest of the models but I think you have used too much wash.

There are some very nicely done areas but most of the models are too dark. They look like they came from some dirty water after weeks. So my only recommendation is to be careful with wash and also add some highlights even if it's applied only by drybrush and it will look much better.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-17, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback. I decided to 'iron' the models up a bit and add more silver which also adds as a highlight. Let me know what you think!

Fortress Erioch: Iron Warriors Mk III Tactical Squad - Now more irony!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Iron Warriors Tactical Squad More Iron 1.jpg (437.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Iron Warriors Tactical Squad More Iron 2.jpg (307.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Iron Warriors Tactical Squad More Iron 3.jpg (325.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Iron Warriors Tactical Squad More Iron 4.jpg (280.3 KB, 7 views)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Tags
house taranis , imperial knights , painted , slaanesh , titan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode