Industrial Table WIP **now featuring terrain** - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-29-17, 12:38 AM Thread Starter

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

I got a bit more work done on the broken sections today but ran out of .5mm styrene before I could finish

I have enough to lay randomly across a 2"x2" square to this point, there will be almost double that by the time I'm done.

Also managed to start grime-ing up the board today. All of the tiles are drying right now, but here's one just after it was hit with the mix:

Looking forward to seeing how it dries! I'll likely go over all the tops of the tiles randomly with what gunk is left diluted with a ton of PVA and fine sand for the 'dirty-but-not-so-nasty' main floor area.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-02-17, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Guess who started painting yesterday??

I have to play this stage a bit differently as I can't just have the tiles going in and out of the closet once the sides have been filled (too much possibility of debris or hitting them off something), so I have to paint the edges fairly promptly after they have dried and had the loose bits sanded off to seal them in. Figure, if I'm painting the sides I may as well paint the rest of the tile as well, right? Right. Hopefully I'll get the wood, silver bits, and grime done some time over the weekend and actually see what this is gunna look like finished.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #43 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-07-17, 02:08 AM Thread Starter

Been really busy with life recently, but I managed to put a bit of time in painting. Here the first tile is, before and after the wash.

Just have to drybrush up some details and it'll be on to tile number two. At least the approach will have been decided on for the next ones, there has been a lot of 'hmmm...how's this going to work?' at this step.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

post #44 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-07-17, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Finished tile #1 :

I'm not super confident in my painting skills compared to my building skills, but I think this is a pretty good place to stop. If I can manage this level of detail for every tile I think I'll be pretty happy with the overall look.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #45 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-08-17, 05:13 AM
Nin

Nin's Flag is: Canada

That looks fantastic. The wash made a big difference. I'm going to have to go read this thread from the beginning.
ntaw likes this.

Age of Sigmar: Skirmish looks compatible with 8th edtion 40k. Doing Skirmish in both the Dark Imperium and the Mortal Realms!
post #46 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-08-17, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, I was more than a little nervous sacrificing this tile to the gods of trial and error but it all worked out in the end. If anything I could have done the wash before the green and then drybrushed green on top of it but I'll likely just keep rolling with this idea. There's going to be walkways, platforms, and pipes all over the table to distract from any of that.

I couldn't wait to get to where I am but now that I have a plan I'm all about building some terrain to fill up the space Always thinking about that next step...

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #47 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-08-17, 09:23 PM

DaisyDuke's Flag is: United Kingdom

Coming along nicely dude! Some leaky pipes and shit will launch them into the stratosphere.
ntaw likes this.
post #48 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-10-17, 01:28 AM Thread Starter

Thanks @DaisyDuke

Little bit of prep work done, currently painting 3 more tiles. Got the one above finished with a black exterior edge, I think it really cleans up the tile's presentation. Thoughts?

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #49 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-10-17, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

A month has passed and 8th is in full swing, as well as a fully painted Necron force for me to game with. Now back to business! I have four tiles totally painted now and two more currently in progress.

Khorne's Fist likes this.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #50 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-11-17, 06:44 AM
Nin

Nin's Flag is: Canada

I'm liking how this is going. I was in dollarama and grabbed some of the materials you used. I think I'm going to do the negative space thing and make a variety of shapes like how the tiles produce in the corners when they are all lined up. I have a desert terrain table that I've slowly been making into a more alien and rusted post apocalyptic table.

I think a good portion of it being like your tiles but coming out of the desert rather than being sewer will work to make it more industrial Sort of like foundations anchored down to rock beneath the sand to allow things to be built on them instead of sitting on the sand.

Like if the coloured portion above was a single terrain piece.

If I didn't need to keep things really portable, I'd totally go get a bunch of squares cut like you did. This table is turning out great.
ntaw likes this.

Age of Sigmar: Skirmish looks compatible with 8th edtion 40k. Doing Skirmish in both the Dark Imperium and the Mortal Realms!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode