Industrial Table WIP **now featuring terrain** - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-09-17, 07:46 AM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-09-17, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

All the sharp things!

Things are starting to come together here, I've even managed to cover up my janky foamcore cuts at the edges of the tiles:

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #23 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-13-17, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

Decisions, decisions....

Which "ladder" looks better for scale? They will be trimmed and mounted accordingly, just leaning up against a wall in these pics.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

post #24 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-13-17, 02:15 AM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

I'd go for the second ladder as it is smaller and clearly not made for gene enhanced marines
ntaw likes this.

post #25 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-13-17, 02:47 AM Thread Starter

I'm going to put a cap on the canal wall to cover the tops and gaps in foamcore, as well as the tops of the popsicle sticks. The ladders will be mounted on the edge of that lip and I'll see how craftily (holy fuck that's a word?!) I can cut the ladders themselves so that they still connect. They're plastic hair curlers so if I don't cut the section so short there should be connections rounding off the sides to the wall. I feel like I'm doing a bad job explaining this, but if it looks as good as it does in my head all will be well!

Decided I'm going to hold off on building..er...buildings..for this table just yet. I got a 10' length of 1/2 pipe and a dozen or so fittings to make some scenic accessories for the table that should be a lot easier to get together and I'm now planning a couple more simple platforms and walkways to round this project out for the time being. Got some other smaller terrain projects I need to get going on. Good things brewing!

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #26 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-14-17, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

Here's what things are looking like now. I will cut the rest of the wall supports longer, the gaps bother me. Can't see them unless you're right down at the table checking line of sight at least.

Old Man78 likes this.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #27 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-14-17, 09:25 AM

DaisyDuke's Flag is: United Kingdom

Nice 👍
I'm starting too see where you're going with this now and it's looking awesome 👏
ntaw likes this.
post #28 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-14-17, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDuke View Post
Nice 👍
I'm starting too see where you're going with this now and it's looking awesome 👏
Excellent! Things have changed a few times as I've moved through the project but I think it's all for the better. Those two tiles are basically finished with the exception of grime added all through the canal. Grime will be represented by hobby moss dipped into a mixture of fine sand and PVA glue and shoved in almost every nook and cranny I can think of (any 'drips' down the walls will just be PVA with fine sand, which picks up a light drybrush quite effectively). Every few tiles will also receive ladders and short pipes draining out of the walls into the canals. There's eleven tiles with inset canals (plus three that make a large pool area which will have more unique accessories) so I'm thinking maybe six tiles with drains and five with ladders.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #29 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-14-17, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Got a little bit more work done today. The middle tile of the pool area:

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #30 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-18-17, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Been picking away at this, too hot right now in the apartment to do much of anything even though I have the place to myself. Instead I'll pull out a bunch of almost done tiles and take pictures!

Here's the pool area:

A close up on the damaged grate (yes, it was fiddly as fuck):

....and last but not least, I have a 3x3' table good to have some random scatter terrain thrown on it so I can actually play a game of Shadow War on it!

It will be fun to play a game finally. I never played Necromunda and I haven't done anything but read the Shadow War rule book and make kill team lists around building this table....hopefully I like the game, eh??!!!
Old Man78 likes this.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode