And here we go on part 2.
A couple more close ups of the shading on the top plate. Notice the two broke spikes along the back of the top plate? Came like that...
Oh well....at this point I went back over the model and touched up any mistakes I made.
I then worked on the details of the mechanics under the armor and on the weapons. I added Screaming Bell to some of piping on the upper torso along with bits here and there touched up with Brazen Brass and highlights of Chainmail (I still have so many old colors its scary). The edges along each bone ridge and in between the armor plate I used a detail brush to slowly build up the recesses with black wash and lightly highlighted the plating again for any overflow.
Cabling is dark gray washed black and the highlighted. Very important.
I then followed up with some Mephiston Red on all the armor plates and then washed the edges near the trim in Baal Red, Brown Wash.
The trim was then highlighted with RuneLord Brass and the bone ridges with more bleached bone. Followed by watered down brown wash on all the trim, then more brown wash on all the bone ridges.
Next, I rehighlighted the trim with more RuneLord and the bone ridges with a Bleached Bone w/ a little Skull White once more and lightly feathered the raised edges. The legs are finished but I still have to work the bone ridges on the upper torso and arms.
So far the "eye" on the left leg has a couple layers of green. I haven't worked on it in a few days but the end result on the lower legs and torso came out really nice I think!!
Now my wife wanted me to put this on display so we got a mirrored Football Helmet Display and now were putting together a display case/diorama. I am waiting on some new tools and materials to get started. I started with 1/2" base board and we're going to build up a street corner. I have some extra FW stuff on the way for this project so stay tuned!!
So far the oval base is just a mix of stuff from my Bitz Box and some MDF scraps. Lots of dry brushing and blah blah. Lots of urban "dust" effects and rust. I may add some other details but we'll see. I kept the base of the model pretty basic so as to not take away from the titan itself.
For the display case I also have some old 40K 3rd ed. ruins and a wrecked pickup truck (Amazon) that I just had to put in. AND we had some poly-fill and tea lights lying around so during the snow storms I was able to build some fire effects to add to this. With the mirror its really easy to see the details on the front/back and not have to take it out.
Next post I hope to the have it periminantly assembled.