FW Chaos Knight Titan part 1 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Project Logs This forum is dedicated to discussing and displaying your works in progress.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By DavC8855

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-29-17, 03:43 AM Thread Starter

DavC8855's Flag is: USA

Default FW Chaos Knight Titan part 1

Hi everyone. Been quite some time since I posted.....anything.
I got myself a little Forgeworld addiction so here is one of my latest.

Chaos Knight Titan

I built up each major piece and then set to work on this beauty. I started this around February 1st. Winter has been a bit shitty so I've had some time to enjoy this.

Undercoat: Walnut Brown ($2 at Home Depot)

Base is a heavy brushing of gunmetal for the main body and Khorne Red on the armor plating.

Worked in Bronze and Tin Bitz on the mechanical details. Followed by watered down brown and black washes to bring out the highlights.

I added some icons on the chainsword for a little Khorne Love.

Bone ridges and teeth are a layer of Bleached Bone, brown wash, highlight of Bleached Bone again. Then washed with black at the lower reaches to bring out more detail. Not even close to done with these.

I then washed the armor plates in a watered down Baal Red Wash I had lying around.

Trim is started with a layer of Brass Scorpion and some more Boltgun Metal. Gun barrels are a dark gray (Insert GW Color)

I really like the head on this guy so I made sure that the eye lenses are able to be seen even under the faceplate.

Hope its Heresy Approved!

Until Part 2 (I can only upload 15 pictures at a time!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (402.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (589.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (403.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (438.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (484.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (385.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (369.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (439.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 9.jpg (427.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 10.jpg (409.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 11.jpg (590.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 12.jpg (374.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 13.jpg (440.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 14.jpg (415.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 15.jpg (442.2 KB, 3 views)

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-29-17, 04:28 AM Thread Starter

DavC8855's Flag is: USA

Default and part 2

And here we go on part 2.

A couple more close ups of the shading on the top plate. Notice the two broke spikes along the back of the top plate? Came like that...
Oh well....at this point I went back over the model and touched up any mistakes I made.

I then worked on the details of the mechanics under the armor and on the weapons. I added Screaming Bell to some of piping on the upper torso along with bits here and there touched up with Brazen Brass and highlights of Chainmail (I still have so many old colors its scary). The edges along each bone ridge and in between the armor plate I used a detail brush to slowly build up the recesses with black wash and lightly highlighted the plating again for any overflow.

Cabling is dark gray washed black and the highlighted. Very important.

I then followed up with some Mephiston Red on all the armor plates and then washed the edges near the trim in Baal Red, Brown Wash.
The trim was then highlighted with RuneLord Brass and the bone ridges with more bleached bone. Followed by watered down brown wash on all the trim, then more brown wash on all the bone ridges.

Next, I rehighlighted the trim with more RuneLord and the bone ridges with a Bleached Bone w/ a little Skull White once more and lightly feathered the raised edges. The legs are finished but I still have to work the bone ridges on the upper torso and arms.

So far the "eye" on the left leg has a couple layers of green. I haven't worked on it in a few days but the end result on the lower legs and torso came out really nice I think!!

Now my wife wanted me to put this on display so we got a mirrored Football Helmet Display and now were putting together a display case/diorama. I am waiting on some new tools and materials to get started. I started with 1/2" base board and we're going to build up a street corner. I have some extra FW stuff on the way for this project so stay tuned!!

So far the oval base is just a mix of stuff from my Bitz Box and some MDF scraps. Lots of dry brushing and blah blah. Lots of urban "dust" effects and rust. I may add some other details but we'll see. I kept the base of the model pretty basic so as to not take away from the titan itself.

For the display case I also have some old 40K 3rd ed. ruins and a wrecked pickup truck (Amazon) that I just had to put in. AND we had some poly-fill and tea lights lying around so during the snow storms I was able to build some fire effects to add to this. With the mirror its really easy to see the details on the front/back and not have to take it out.

Next post I hope to the have it periminantly assembled.

Enjoy!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 16.jpg (475.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 17.jpg (473.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 18.jpg (384.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 19.jpg (493.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 20.jpg (499.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 21.jpg (481.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 22.jpg (463.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 23.jpg (487.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 25.jpg (424.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 26.jpg (469.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 24.jpg (506.7 KB, 3 views)
neferhet likes this.

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-29-17, 08:11 AM

DaisyDuke's Flag is: United Kingdom

That's looking suitaby bad ass

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-29-17, 08:22 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

display base is amazing!

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Hobby > Project Logs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode